Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The issue of the "Sound" &/or the NVH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighCurrent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause really salute you la bro. bravo!!!! Applause

can you share how much is total cost? thinking of doing the same upgrade as well. please update us on your FC also next month! thanks!
ropai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked diameter of the burning, smoking hole on my wallet is aproximately 5.8k, hahaha Sad

the autofoam package (track package - will set you back about 3k) i think would go best with upgraded coil springs (not lowered, just a bit stiffer springs). i'm against reducing ground clearance just for the sake of handling in a daily usage car. if the car is used for track, different story.

just my opinion, now to look for the spring, anyone got lobang? david?

i still think the engine & transmission is harsh above 3000rpm, plus the aircond compressor vibration is noticable. will try to find a solution to this when my wallet stops crying for help. but at normal highway cruising speed around 100-120kmh the engine is barely noticable. probably has something to do with engine mounting, now that the whole car is quieter, i can hear these noises.

maybe an ECU tuning session will smooth out the engine vibration? any opinion? chkwong?

desmond (shop owner) said i'm too fussy, haha. i've probably gone too far this time, damn...

total added weight was around 15kg, not going to affect FC much more than my recently heavier right foot.
chkwong

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECU tuning? It won't smooth out the vibration, but your acceleration is faster.
ropai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
sharp corner one is normal

i think i figured out where the creaking is coming from when under hard acceleration and sharp cornering to the right. before this i thought it was the chassis, sent to SC and they tightened all the bolts on the undercarriage. the sound is still there afterwards.

after autofoaming i ruled out the possibility of chassis creak, so narrowed it down to left rear suspension. after some spirited driving when i heard the creaking quite a few times, tested the suspension by pushing down on the boot. the creaking sound showed up, and i will ask SC to check during 40k service.
clkwa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ropai wrote:
david wrote:
sharp corner one is normal

i think i figured out where the creaking is coming from when under hard acceleration and sharp cornering to the right. before this i thought it was the chassis, sent to SC and they tightened all the bolts on the undercarriage. the sound is still there afterwards.

after autofoaming i ruled out the possibility of chassis creak, so narrowed it down to left rear suspension. after some spirited driving when i heard the creaking quite a few times, tested the suspension by pushing down on the boot. the creaking sound showed up, and i will ask SC to check during 40k service.

Maybe its ur suspension or joint for the anti-roll bar. if you find out any do share. cheers.
torniquet
General Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

need some help here.....
my accent hatchback suddenly have this super loud wind sound....coming from the rear....

its sound almost like ur seating in a plane...those type of sound...
so wat is the problem and how to solve it???
ropai

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure about your problem, torniquet. try to check the rubber lining on the rear hatch and doors.

there's a squeaking sound coming from my front left suspension lately, especially on bad roads. sound like a group of mice is mating, high pitched "chit chit chit" sound.

anyone experienced this before? know what's causing it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Exterior & Interior All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: