Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The issue of the "Sound" &/or the NVH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ropai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems that the hood insulation has some effects afterall, the engine sound is slightly less obvious and the hood isn't hot - AT ALL. i can practically put my face on the hood after a long drive. at least it wasnt such a complete waste of money.

there's a new issue with my car, everytime i take a sharp right turn i hear something creaking coming from the left rear side. door panels? chassis flex? who knows? argh...

the door locks are too loud for my taste, might need to change to aftermarket ones...
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharp corner one is normal
quahet75
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone recommend a shop around Setapak area with good workmanship for installing the soundproof material like Dynamat? I would like to install one. My car is quite noisy wheing driving on highway, especially if I drive at 120km/h. There were a little bit of engine noise, and a little bit of tyre noise, but both add up it became quite noisy.
Misy80
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TewKY wrote:
Noise of mine :-

1.) Loud engine - no solution unless sound proof firewall etc.
2.) Road noise - Better tyre and sound proof wheel arch.
3.) Traffic noise - no solution unless sound proof 4 door.
4.) Reverse sensor buzzer - Cover it with PVC tape.
5.) Passenger door rattling - Put PVC tape on panel door plastic cover to avoid metal touching.
6.) Rear brake "kerk..kerk.." when idling and hard depress - no solution, SC claim normal mechanism sound.
7.) Morning starting engine sound - no solution, SC blur! unless let them rectified overnight.
8.) Aircon vent vibrating sound - SC adjusted the vent to avoid touching aircon duct.
9.) Rough low gear sound "ee..ee.." when slow down to speed btw 50~80km/h - no solution unless sound proof firewall etc.
Idea

wah... ur car how many yrs liao?? sure high milleage ....
1) ok, can hear, not so bad..
2) do u mean tyre sound? if yes, then it is! mine also same...i really hate tat sound, very lound especially when u drive at high speed.
3,4,5,6,7,8,9) Ok. no prob.

besides this, why no body complaint about the gearbox ar? gearbox sound very obvoius ler... like keep on dragging the gear even at the top gear.. Sad
yapyl
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: The issue of the "Sound" &/or the NVH Reply with quote

Recently my car make some eek eek sound from the rear when go over a bump or uneven road, does anyone facing this problem? this happen after I changed all 4 tyres and the tyre shop told me that is cause by the rubber that connect the anti roll bar get harden after 2 years, is this true?
HighCurrent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. eek eek sound from rear on a bump? i faced that also, but when i go to SC, as usual: "nothing lorr" "tak dengar apa2 pun".
2. loud reverse sensor.
3. loud engine, tyre and outside noise also.

all the above issue has been totally resolved. Very Happy i'm very very happy now! my ride is now very smooth and not so noisy anymore! Very Happy
HighCurrent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the loud "TANG!!!!" noise when locking and unlocking the car also has been resolved.

the irritating auto lock when pressing the brakes also resolved.

phewww...... Rolling Eyes
ropai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously guys, have anyone done autofoam on their accent? need feedback before i take the plunge. what's the current price for ultimate package?
ropai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ropai wrote:
seriously guys, have anyone done autofoam on their accent? need feedback before i take the plunge. what's the current price for ultimate package?

since nobody replied, today i went ahead and did the autofoam ultimate package (both undercarriage front to back, A pillar, B pillar, side sill) & firewall soundproofing below the dashboard, at KLauto near vistana hotel.

process took 4+ hours, cost is approximately 2500+, they said would need at least 3 days to see full effect. on my way home felt the car was more stable and doesnt bounce so much on uneven road, engine felt like no power because the sound is significantly muted. road noise is reduced, need more driving time to test how much is the reduction - but i can actually hear wind noise now at highway speeds.

can still hear the transmission whining sound at low speeds, i think need to soundproof the transmission tunnel next, then the doors. and i just noticed there's a layer of soundproofing material in the engine bay, on the firewall. the shop guys showed me there's actually soundproofing material below the backseats and at the rear wheel wells.

my car is '06 LC2 Auto GLS, with hotbits strut bar, and standard 15" wheels. everything else is stock standard. i'll update again after 3 days.
HighCurrent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow..... you really do it man.... impressive.

a bit out of topic, do you notice that the rate that people replying is very very low? it is kinda annoying when sometimes you ask for something but no one replies. maybe the community here getting less already....

update us more on the outcome of your autofoam! thanks!
chkwong

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep us posted...wow

the forum needs more exposure at MTM and AW
ropai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry didnt have time to update on my autofoam project, my close relative passed away, was attending the funeral.

the car does feel more quiet and composed on minor road imperfection, and will soak up smaller bump without inducing bump-steer on the steering. was driving quite fast near Universiti Malaya because i cant really feel the cracks on the road, until i hit a big pothole (ouch).

on the really uneven LDP-Dengkil highway, the car feels more stable at speed above 120kmh and doesnt feel like it's going to jump off into the dividers. brick-tiled road doesnt make the car vibrate like crazy anymore, and the yellow strips can be driven over faster then before. probably will not result in FC reduction, as my right foot is becoming heavier...

noise reduction i would say 40%, but that may be because i added the soundproofing below the dashboard. i havent tried the cornering ability so much, as it has been raining daily and i dont trust the NCT5 tyres that has 38,000km mileage. but so far, mid corner bumps doesnt make the car jump so much, basically it's more stable. the 'dive' that i felt when braking hard is reduced, makes it more stable under heavy braking.

so my journey to improve the car's handling and NVH continues, until i feel comfortable driving my accent everywhere. probably will soundproof the floorpan and doors next, any venture capital interested to finance me? Very Happy i can provide my account number, donations are welcomed...
clkwa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update...
ropai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did 4 doors soundproofing with sikadamp, still not satisfied...
ropai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i did today:
- full floor soundproofing with Wurth pads, all the way to the trunk and trunk walls, plus the rear speaker deck.
- Autofoamed the bar under the front seats, and my C-pillar.
- lined the upper firewall (engine bay side) with Deadpan.

what i did before this:
- autofoam ultimate package (A and B pillars, side sills, left and right undercarriage from front to back.
- lower firewall soundproofing with Wurth pads (cabin side)
- 4 doors soundproofing with Sikadamp

results for today:
- tire sound on the highway is almost gone (stock NCT5, 185/55/R15).
- engine roar sounds distant.
- put on my favorite CD, and I can hear some musical tones i never heard before. at 120km/h, it sounds like driving at 60km/h.

hahahhahahahahahahha... (not sure why i'm laughing)

results for autofoam:
- read my previous posts, plus the steering becomes heavier.

side effect:
- suspension sound is more noticable on bumps
- some small creaks and rattling in the car become noticable
- car feels underpowered because the sound is reduced, less roaring sound
- raindrops on the windshield sounds louder than before
- my wallet has a large burning hole in the middle

yeah i know what you're thinking, i've gone crazy. you're probably right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Exterior & Interior All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: