Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The issue of the "Sound" &/or the NVH
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: The issue of the "Sound" &/or the NVH Reply with quote

Dear all Accentians,

Let's just discuss the "sound" issue or the Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH), here, u have experienced with ur Accent and provide the solution, if any (either fixed by SC or DIY, etc) for it/them...TQ Wink

Examples,
-the vibration sound from the dashboard on the bumpy roads
-the vibration sound from the doors on the bumpy roads
-a loud sound from the engine compartment
-a weird sound when start engine on the moring
-reverse sensor sound very loud
-the vibration sound on the driver side door/window
-wind whistling sound from left side rear passenger seat one
-'kit kit' sound from the brake pad
-the wire sound come from the centre console
-rear brake sound
etc Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TewKY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noise of mine :-

1.) Loud engine - no solution unless sound proof firewall etc.
2.) Road noise - Better tyre and sound proof wheel arch.
3.) Traffic noise - no solution unless sound proof 4 door.
4.) Reverse sensor buzzer - Cover it with PVC tape.
5.) Passenger door rattling - Put PVC tape on panel door plastic cover to avoid metal touching.
6.) Rear brake "kerk..kerk.." when idling and hard depress - no solution, SC claim normal mechanism sound.
7.) Morning starting engine sound - no solution, SC blur! unless let them rectified overnight.
8.) Aircon vent vibrating sound - SC adjusted the vent to avoid touching aircon duct.
9.) Rough low gear sound "ee..ee.." when slow down to speed btw 50~80km/h - no solution unless sound proof firewall etc.
Idea
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TewKY wrote:

5.) Passenger door rattling - Put PVC tape on panel door plastic cover to avoid metal touching.
6.) Rear brake "kerk..kerk.." when idling and hard depress - no solution, SC claim normal mechanism sound.
7.) Morning starting engine sound - no solution, SC blur! unless let them rectified overnight.
8.) Aircon vent vibrating sound - SC adjusted the vent to avoid touching aircon duct.
9.) Rough low gear sound "ee..ee.." when slow down to speed btw 50~80km/h - no solution unless sound proof firewall etc.
Idea

Hi, Tewky

ur car seems like more natural "MUSIC" sound than others Laughing

As for me,

Quote:

===how u do it ? Question

Quote:

====yes...me too....no solution Embarassed

Quote:

===yes, me too....the sound still there after adjusted the belt Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TewKY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
Hurricane wrote:
I have
1. dashboard vibrating sound... SC tightened the screw but still there... is it from the glove box?

2. loud engine sound... wat can i do? hai...

3. door sound... occasionally... Crying or Very sad

Hurricane,

as for ur dashboard vibrating sound... can u identify where the sound come from ? right hand side? left hand side ? or near to the centre console/glove box?

it seems like the vibration sound from the doors is very common issue for the Accent Owners.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sorry wrong paste!

It should be:-

After checked on my opened door panel and study, found most of sound from the center lock's rod supporting clips and some plastic screw base. Now I driving mine with door panel uncover bcoz still study and monitoring the source of vibrating sound, anyone interest to do so? I can teach on how to open door panel FOC. Hehehe...
Very Happy
chkwong

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. ok for me.
2. solved, changed to good tyres.
3. ok for me, better than my wira.
4. ok for me.
5. no sound.
6. no sound. If got sound means you didn't let the brake pads settle in during before 1k km. That is you brake too hard or too fast. Now, it's either the pad is uneven or the drum is uneven. So, drive gently before 1k km. But if very minor sound during raining, it's ok. Will gone after it's dried up.
7. no weird sound.
8. no sound.
9. ok for me, no weird sound

Conclusion: So far, very happy with it. It a 60k car anyway.
Baadshah
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TewKY wrote:
slbeh wrote:
Hurricane wrote:
I have
1. dashboard vibrating sound... SC tightened the screw but still there... is it from the glove box?

Hurricane,

as for ur dashboard vibrating sound... can u identify where the sound come from ? right hand side? left hand side ? or near to the centre console/glove box?

it seems like the vibration sound from the doors is very common issue for the Accent Owners.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sorry wrong paste!

After checked on my opened door panel and study, found most of sound from the center lock's rod supporting clips and some plastic screw base. Now I driving mine with door panel uncover bcoz still study and monitoring the source of vibrating sound, anyone interest to do so? I can teach on how to open door panel FOC. Hehehe...
Very Happy

Any pic of your experiments?? great to know ppl with eager to knowledge!! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Ya....suppose to post somethings here....My problems faced:

1) Wind noice inside cabin when above 100km.
2) Right front door power window rattling sound. Waiting for replacement
3) Cheap lousy BadYear tyre noice.Will change to Michelin later.
4) A bit of external noice (need HeViSo mats)
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:

Hi marky,
solution for ur problems... Razz
1.) due to the fixed antenna is not slant to 60 degree
2.) sure or not, can get replacement....all my 4 doors also got this power window rattling sound, but have solved by puting the HeViSo , however, can not solve the vibration sound from my right front passeger door & left passeger door on the bumpy roads lah... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
3.) costly lah, unless they still allow me to trade in my 6 months GY tyres
4.) maybe, but do not hope so much lah Crying or Very sad

Last edited by slbeh on Tue May 31, 2005 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
TewKY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baadshah wrote:
TewKY wrote:
slbeh wrote:
Hurricane wrote:
I have

Hurricane,

Sorry wrong paste!

Very Happy

Any pic of your experiments?? great to know ppl with eager to knowledge!! Smile

Sorry lah, I don't own DIGI CAM. If possible come down to JB once then I will show you. Or even bring you to have a look on Orxxxx factory.

Door panel is seperated mounting from speaker so no need to dismantle speaker.

All this thing learn from KBSC bai sai lah...
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TewKY wrote:

Sorry wrong paste!

After checked on my opened door panel and study, found most of sound from the center lock's rod supporting clips and some plastic screw base. Now I driving mine with door panel uncover bcoz still study and monitoring the source of vibrating sound, anyone interest to do so? I can teach on how to open door panel FOC. Hehehe... Very Happy Any pic of your experiments?? great to know ppl with eager to knowledge!! Smile

TewKY,
Is it open the door panel easily ? maybe I have to try for my own Embarassed
The condition of my car is so far so good except
1.) the vibration sound from the door panel of the left front passeger on the bumpy roads Twisted Evil &
2.) the "tak tak" sound come from rear on the bumpy roads still there (can not identify where the sound come from until now but suspect it come from the left passeger door ) Evil or Very Mad
TewKY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
TewKY wrote:

Sorry wrong paste!

After checked on my opened door panel and study, found most of sound from the center lock's rod supporting clips and some plastic screw base. Now I driving mine with door panel uncover bcoz still study and monitoring the source of vibrating sound, anyone interest to do so? I can teach on how to open door panel FOC. Hehehe... Very Happy Any pic of your experiments?? great to know ppl with eager to knowledge!! Smile

TewKY,
Is it open the door panel easily ? maybe I have to try for my own Embarassed
The condition of my car is so far so good except
1.) the vibration sound from the door panel of the left front passeger on the bumpy roads Twisted Evil &
2.) the "tak tak" sound come from rear on the bumpy roads still there (can not identify where the sound come from until now but suspect it come from the left passeger door ) Evil or Very Mad

Open take 30 minute, Put back take 45 minute lar..
Remove anything from boot area include car jet, spare tyre, Fiberboard etc and test.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
marky wrote:

Hi marky,
solution for ur problems... Razz
1.) due to the fixed antenna is not slant to 60 degree
2.) sure or not, can get replacement....all my 4 doors also got this power window rattling sound, but have solved by puting the HeViSo , however, can not solve the vibration sound from my lift front passeger door & left passeger door on the bumpy roads lah... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
3.) costly lah, unless they still allow me to trade in my 6 months GY tyres
4.) maybe, but do not hope so much lah Crying or Very sad

Hi slbeh,
Try luck with the replacement lor. Hope can claim as my milage is getting nearer to my end of warranty lio.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TewKY wrote:

TewKY, update the following items Rolling Eyes

Quote:

===ok for me...accepted...may looking for sound proof firewall

Quote:

===ok for me ..accepted because mainly I drive within the city....may looking for sound proof wheel arch

Quote:

===ok for me....have installed the sound proof for 4 doors

Quote:

===solved, have moved the reverse sencor buzzer to the back of the lift hand side of the seatback

Quote:

=== Evil or Very Mad not yet solve

Quote:

===solved, SC have changed the new spring & adjusted for me, it took around 2 to 3 hours to do it

Quote:

===the sound still there after SC adjusted the belt, but no as loud as last time...

Quote:

===no......I did not notice this

Quote:
Idea

===yes, adjusted the fuel injector would help to reduce the rough low gear sound "ee..ee.."..
Babyh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TewKY,

I think the rear brake sound is caused by us not applying the brake or handbrake to the maximum. I encountered the sound also, I troubleshoot and found out this problem. Maybe when standstill, you try pull your handbrake to maximum and try.
TewKY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babyh wrote:
TewKY,

I think the rear brake sound is caused by us not applying the brake or handbrake to the maximum. I encountered the sound also, I troubleshoot and found out this problem. Maybe when standstill, you try pull your handbrake to maximum and try.

Yes, when pull hand brake to its maximum and depress the brake pedal kau-kau also no sound. But the irritating is everytime depress brake pedal got that sound. Maybe the brake shoe slip when fully depress therefore each time after polishing the brake shoe edge will kill the sound or maybe brake shoe quality no good who know? Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Exterior & Interior All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: