Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change Fog Light Bulb
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Car Engine & Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rajswyf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Change Fog Light Bulb Reply with quote

Hi guys if any of your car fog light goes off ,,,do not replace it at KB, they will charge you rm15.00 for the rm7.50 bulp.

Actually you can do it for yourself. theis is the detail of the bulp which has been installed on our car.
Lamp Halogen/ 12v 55w. H3 E15 F141616.

You can get this bulp in any accesories shop.
kingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi rajswyf.. can you also tell me how to change the fog light bulb? I can't figure out how to open the fog light Embarassed

rajswyf wrote:
Hi guys if any of your car fog light goes off ,,,do not replace it at KB, they will charge you rm15.00 for the rm7.50 bulp.

Actually you can do it for yourself. theis is the detail of the bulp which has been installed on our car.

ycsteven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rajswyf wrote:

thanks for the info, actually how long u have been using the fog lamp. i mean the life spend of the bulb..
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rajswyf wrote:

rajswyf,
do u mean KB will charge us
1. within the warranty periods or
2. after warranty expire ?
I have changed the fog light 3 times last year FOC but now warranty expired already, but so far so good with the fog light Confused

Last edited by slbeh on Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rajswyf, I guess your fog lights is the active system whereby it will ON along with your headlights?
Anyway, thanks for your info. I think I will change mine from Brothers the next time it cracks, etc. The Fog lights which are the same in size and nicer looks too. Very sporty. Bout RM$50 - RM$60 only. Can go and check it out.
rajswyf wrote:

marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beh,I was inform by KB SC personel that bulbs are not warrantied unless before collection. I was charge RM$12 for the number plate bulb which was only 1 month old. Sad

slbeh wrote:
rajswyf wrote:

rajswyf,
do u mean KB will charge us
1. within the warranty periods or
2. after warranty expire ?
I have changed them 3 times last year FOC but now warranty expired already, but so far so good with the fog light Confused

daxyaphw
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Separate switch for fog light Reply with quote

Hello fellas,

Greeting from me.
Well, I need some clarification.
I was told by the SA which the new 2005 Accent doens't come with separate switch for FOG light. I remembered I read somewhere and someone said the new model should be in separate..

Btw, I will be getting my car end of this week. Hopefully some tips from the all of you. Thank you...

p/s. No introduction from me yet till I get my car yah..need details though Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Separate switch for fog light Reply with quote

daxyaphw wrote:
Hello fellas,

Greeting from me.
I was told by the SA which the new 2005 Accent doens't come with separate switch for FOG light. I remembered I read somewhere and someone said the new model should be in separate..

Btw, I will be getting my car end of this week. Hopefully some tips from the all of you. Thank you...

p/s. No introduction from me yet till I get my car yah..need details though Laughing

welcome daxyaphw
Only the older accent with the separate switch for FOG light, and current version doens't come with separate switch for FOG light, not sure about the new 2005 accent Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Separate switch for fog light Reply with quote

Hi dax,the first batch of cars came with fog light switch. After that it was together with the head lights. If you want to have the switch, you have to wait until after the warranty else it will void your warranty.
slbeh wrote:
daxyaphw wrote:
Hello fellas,

Greeting from me.

welcome daxyaphw
Only the older accent with the separate switch for FOG light, and current version doens't come with separate switch for FOG light, not sure about the new 2005 accent Rolling Eyes

rajswyf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Separate switch for fog light Reply with quote

daxyaphw wrote:
Hello fellas,

Greeting from me.

Well there is no warranty for the fog light bulp, but the fog light glass crack across then yours will be replace with the new one FOC provided within waranty peroid. If small crack they won't change for you.
The KB SC technician advise me to put a seperate switch for the fog light, by this you can use the fog as and when you need it. To modify that switch will cost around RM60~ 70 according to KB SC.
slbeh...any idea how much it will cost if I change it outside ?
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Separate switch for fog light Reply with quote

My fog light glass crack cause it was hit by a stone. Informed them and they changed a new one for me which can be adjusted. Now I have one new one (can adjust the angel) and the old one (can't adjust the angle) *sigh* told them to change both the same but can't Sad now one is new the other is a bit darker colour. Hope it will be very dark and ask for a new one.
rajswyf wrote:
daxyaphw wrote:
Hello fellas,

Greeting from me.

Well there is no warranty for the fog light bulp, but the fog light glass crack across then yours will be replace with the new one FOC provided within waranty peroid. If small crack they won't change for you.
The KB SC technician advise me to put a seperate switch for the fog light, by this you can use the fog as and when you need it. To modify that switch will cost around RM60~ 70 according to KB SC.

slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Separate switch for fog light Reply with quote

rajswyf wrote:
daxyaphw wrote:
Hello fellas,

Greeting from me.

rajswyf, I have no idea..my one with the switch..
maybe try to ask for u later Wink
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Separate switch for fog light Reply with quote

I heard someone ask how much to rewire and you have do get it done outside which will void warranty if anything were to happen. Should be around RM$50. This happen at SC Jln 222 some weeks ago. Better to reconfirm again.
slbeh wrote:
rajswyf wrote:
daxyaphw wrote:
Hello fellas,

Greeting from me.

rajswyf, I have no idea..my one with the switch..
maybe try to ask for u later Wink

slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one new accent this morinning switch on the fog light...
just want to confirm with u...the fog light is on at every time u turn on the engine or only when u switch on the front light for the new accent ? Shocked
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beh, don't think its suppose to be on at all. I think its some wiring problem. If not mistaken, the new cars, when they on the headlights only the fog lights comes on...that is what i tested when at Jln 222 SC.
slbeh wrote:
I saw one new accent this morinning switch on the fog light...
just want to confirm with u...the fog light is on at every time u turn on the engine or only when u switch on the front light for the new accent ? Shocked

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Car Engine & Electrical All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: