Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alarm System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighCurrent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's do an experiment, with your car ropai. Leave the car at open area near shopping complex, leave the window open with the keys left at the ignition. It 'll will be interesting to see what people take, the car or the pioneer... hehehe Twisted Evil
ropai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighCurrent wrote:
Let's do an experiment, with your car ropai. Leave the car at open area near shopping complex, leave the window open with the keys left at the ignition. It 'll will be interesting to see what people take, the car or the pioneer... hehehe Twisted Evil

yep, just did that this afternoon. i didn't have enough sleep & left the driver door open. about an hour later, one of my friend called me to tell me about the wide-open door.

i slowly walked to my car, and there it is - nothing stolen & car was still there. Cool

the point is, locks/alarms are just there to prevent honest people from being tempted to steal. if a thief really wants your car, there is no alarm system in the world that can prevent him from getting it. watched ocean's 13 recently?

the emphasis here is on 'really wants', there is not enough market value & demand for Accent for it to be a priority item on the thief's list. my car is not even 1 year yet, market value is at RM35k or less... stealing this car would be like stealing a SAGA from PROTON showroom...

and even a Porsche can be stolen from a police station nowadays, just let that sink in your mind for a while Smile

but please, do lock your car so that honest people wont be tempted to take it...
kevin203

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ropai said is true... what kind of alarm system also cant prevent those who really wants your car. The only think alarm system took place in the market is just to give us a good night sleep.

Some will said "at least something" rather than "nothing".
wnl9066
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, all alarm actually can be disarm by pros thief, anyway it kinda menyusahkan jugak la for the thief from the car without any.
but get the steering lock or pedal lock for better protection.
samchoo
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ropai wrote:

and even a Porsche can be stolen from a police station nowadays, just let that sink in your mind for a while Smile

well said Laughing
sharirm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but hey, invest some money on alarm system is quite good la, better sleep and the best point is, you dont have to buy an alarm system every day. hahahaha Laughing
SinEater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, especially useful for forgetful people like me... I always forgetto lock my car at least once in 2 weeks. Luckily so far nothing had been taken from my car, but still worry one day my stuff or even worse my car stolen. Anyone have good alarm system to recommend?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sharirm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sin eater, i think any alarm system can do, but more money put on the add on la like the ultrasonic sensor, vibration sensor, tilting sensor, immobilizer...... Wink
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-way alarm is expensive is i check it out already. easily cost RM1500++ ... without voice module. if yes, add on RM300 to RM400.

anyway, can opt to go for radiostar as advertise @ zerotohundred. many ppl have install it but havent seem any accent install it. is a 2-way alarm and the cheapest u can find in the market.
sharirm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowadays 2 way alarm are quite cheap. 400 also can get at some accessories shop
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: