Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alarm System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowadays, I can see that the quantity of accents around here is rising. The Korean cars (Hyundai & KIA) can be easily spot everywhere. As few years ago i had ever heard that ppl keep on saying that Korean car spare parts is very expensive and no second hand value in the market. At that time the Korean car just entering to our market, so definately got many ppl keep on gosiping bad stories about it. Same as the China made car which is recently entering to our market. I think that now the Korean car resale value is getting better than last time. Wink
As long as the car model is getting popular, ppl will start stealing it by what-so-ever way they can. No matter how good is the alarm system installed in the car, they sure got a way to crack it. They can tow the car while putting the temporary wheels at the back of the car (like how the bandaraya tow cars). It take less than few minutes for them to steal a car (Assume same time that bandaraya used to setup to tow cars). Unless we used wall plug to fix the car to the floor then its un-movable by anyone. Cool
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCKS, thats a good one. Let me add on.

For added security, use:

1) Steering lock
2) Brake/Clutch lock
3) Wheel lock
4)Take away battery
5) Chain the car to any pole/open wall or the car park next to yours.
6) Last but not least, Use Good Car alarm.

Sure your ownself also don't want to drive anymore let alone to undo everything!!! hahahaha Laughing!!!
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like that our government will have to provide more poles for our security purpose. Surprised
The steering lock is a common lock for the market. I had seen the TV advertisement that nowadays the burglar can easily remove the lock by just cut the steering wheel, bend it then pull it out. Shocked I think the brake and clutch look is better for M/T car to avoid ppl shifting the gear. A/T dun have clutch, ppl still can drive it away. I think for wheel lock, only MPPJ or some other department will use it. If we use wheel lock, other ppl might think we had done something wrong (simply parking etc.)
For other remainings, ppl sure say its very 'mah fan' to do everytime they park their car. How they carried the battery to office or shopping? Get ready some chains in their car?Laughing Just Joking. If too frighten ppl steal the car, better keep it in the house already. Cool

But i agreed to use better alarm or also suggect to use the satelite stopcard devices if u got extra $$$ to spend with. Wink

marky wrote:

For added security, use:

1) Steering lock
2) Brake/Clutch lock
3) Wheel lock
4)Take away battery

Sure your ownself also don't want to drive anymore let alone to undo everything!!! hahahaha Laughing!!!
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in the house you think safe ar??? They even will help you move your furniture out no only the car!!!! hahahahaha....
Anyway, its all luck. Just as long you keep it lock with additional security features.
KCKS wrote:
Like that our government will have to provide more poles for our security purpose. Surprised
The steering lock is a common lock for the market. I had seen the TV advertisement that nowadays the burglar can easily remove the lock by just cut the steering wheel, bend it then pull it out. Shocked I think the brake and clutch look is better for M/T car to avoid ppl shifting the gear. A/T dun have clutch, ppl still can drive it away. I think for wheel lock, only MPPJ or some other department will use it. If we use wheel lock, other ppl might think we had done something wrong (simply parking etc.)
For other remainings, ppl sure say its very 'mah fan' to do everytime they park their car. How they carried the battery to office or shopping? Get ready some chains in their car?Laughing Just Joking. If too frighten ppl steal the car, better keep it in the house already. Cool

But i agreed to use better alarm or also suggect to use the satelite stopcard devices if u got extra $$$ to spend with. Wink

marky wrote:

For added security, use:

1) Steering lock
2) Brake/Clutch lock
3) Wheel lock
4)Take away battery

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately not safe la, when the robbers really want to rob the house, they usually use lorry to move stuffs. Sometimes they break into the house during afternoon, when they found the keys (some ppl also keep spare key at home), they will grab the car also. Laughing This happened few times at my house area and the robber answer that the owner shift to outstation when they are being asked by the neighbour . Shocked
Its all our luck, only is we don't be careless simply park anywhere. If really scare of ppl stealing the car, better dun buy it coz no need to have burden and worries all goes away. Laughing
marky wrote:
Keep in the house you think safe ar??? They even will help you move your furniture out no only the car!!!! hahahahaha....
Anyway, its all luck. Just as long you keep it lock with additional security features.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* really hard lar....
Buy car, ppl steal
Buy motorbike, ppl steal
Buy bicycle also ppl steal!!! )!&@#^@&#%!)*$&@_$(*&
Not to say, shoe also steal...really damn piss that time...

Just have to be extra careful lor...only thing...the rest... Lady Luck..heheheh
KCKS wrote:
Definately not safe la, when the robbers really want to rob the house, they usually use lorry to move stuffs. Sometimes they break into the house during afternoon, when they found the keys (some ppl also keep spare key at home), they will grab the car also. Laughing This happened few times at my house area and the robber answer that the owner shift to outstation when they are being asked by the neighbour . Shocked
Its all our luck, only is we don't be careless simply park anywhere. If really scare of ppl stealing the car, better dun buy it coz no need to have burden and worries all goes away. Laughing
marky wrote:

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like that no property is best to relief all the worries. Better become a Sammi.. Laughing
Lady Luck?? Shocked Shocked

Marky, you still single?? I though u married already wo. If yes, i think this club members can give u a hand to kenal some lady to you. hehehe.. Just Joking.

marky wrote:
Buy car, ppl steal
Buy motorbike, ppl steal

marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Become monk also good ke...no need to worry bout food or anything. hehehehe.... anyway, it depends on individual luck. If suppose to get rob, sure get rob one. Life's like that....
KCKS wrote:
Like that no property is best to relief all the worries. Better become a Sammi.. Laughing

Marky, you still single?? I though u married already wo. If yes, i think this club members can give u a hand to kenal some lady to you. hehehe.. Just Joking.

marky wrote:
Buy car, ppl steal
Buy motorbike, ppl steal

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life is like that one.. Sometimes monk life is better than us.. No need to worried of occupation, money, properties, family etc. But my parent will kill me if i want to become a monk. Shocked
Btw, all robbing, stealing is depend on our luck la. We only have to careful to take cara of our properties. Wink
marky wrote:
Become monk also good ke...no need to worry bout food or anything. hehehehe.... anyway, it depends on individual luck. If suppose to get rob, sure get rob one. Life's like that....
KCKS wrote:

marky wrote:
Buy car, ppl steal
Buy motorbike, ppl steal

marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why security system is to delay or prevent thiefts from doing things.
KCKS wrote:
Life is like that one.. Sometimes monk life is better than us.. No need to worried of occupation, money, properties, family etc. But my parent will kill me if i want to become a monk. Shocked
Btw, all robbing, stealing is depend on our luck la. We only have to careful to take cara of our properties. Wink
marky wrote:
KCKS wrote:

marky wrote:
Buy car, ppl steal
Buy motorbike, ppl steal

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, alarm is only function to delay the thieve stealing time but not 100% to prevent them to steal the car. If they really want to steal the car, the best alarm still can't prevent their intention of doing it. Embarassed
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know how to make the alarm into silent mode? i did asked the SC to teach me but they seem like dont want to teach me and hide it.

izit you need to press the lock button for more than >5 sec to activate/deactivate the silent mode?

silent mode - when you lock/unlock the car - no sound.
Iris15921
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Glad Reply with quote

sbsoo wrote:

Glad things are moving forward on the issue.
coolest_dw
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hei guys...my accent has a anti hijack system
the brand is clifford...everytime u open the driver's door u haf to key in ur password..if after 20 seconds and still not key in yet the engine will shut down..basically the hijack sys cuts ur fuel injection Very Happy Very Happy
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same as immobilizer? may i ask what is the specific of cuts the fuel injection? meaning electronically cut or physically cut?

coolest_dw wrote:
hei guys...my accent has a anti hijack system
the brand is clifford...everytime u open the driver's door u haf to key in ur password..if after 20 seconds and still not key in yet the engine will shut down..basically the hijack sys cuts ur fuel injection Very Happy Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: