Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alarm System
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to share this tip for our car alarm Laughing
do u experience this ?
open the boot forgot that the car is still armed and then the alarm is triggered so u press the key alarm to release it
& the sound become "tinn tinn tinn" (3 times) rathar than "tinn tinn" (2 times) & the alarm light did not flash anymore but still on.....what u can do is ...to turn on the engine then anything would be normal back Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
William
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
do u experience this ?
open the boot forgot that the car is still armed and then the alarm is triggered so u press the key alarm to release it
& the sound become "tinn tinn tinn" (3 times) rathar than "tinn tinn" (2 times) & the alarm light did not flash anymore but still on.....what u can do is ...to turn on the engine then anything would be normal back Twisted Evil

yupe. slbeh. I alway forgot to press alarm and open the boot. Alarm will trigger and after alarm press to open the door alway with 3 times sound instead of 2 times and alarm light is permanently on. It's normal same as some alarm system to warning to owner your car has been open before without using alarm. Last time my old car got 4 difference sound as indicator. 1 time - Close the door, 2 times - open the door, 3 times - door open before without using alarm, 4 times - your alarm trigger before maybe due to some people want to open your door handler, hits your tyre and ur windscreen ... Alarm will back to normal only when you start your car again. Not yet try our accent got 4th times sound or not. Any people try before?
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William,
For option 4, it is known as shock sensor. Our accent do not have that features. It is a saparate device installed and will only give a warning (few beeps) if the car is shaken or there is vibration. Normally 3 warning is given when shaken before the alarm is activated fully.
William wrote:
slbeh wrote:
do u experience this ?

yupe. slbeh. I alway forgot to press alarm and open the boot. Alarm will trigger and after alarm press to open the door alway with 3 times sound instead of 2 times and alarm light is permanently on. It's normal same as some alarm system to warning to owner your car has been open before without using alarm. Last time my old car got 4 difference sound as indicator. 1 time - Close the door, 2 times - open the door, 3 times - door open before without using alarm, 4 times - your alarm trigger before maybe due to some people want to open your door handler, hits your tyre and ur windscreen ... Alarm will back to normal only when you start your car again. Not yet try our accent got 4th times sound or not. Any people try before?

sbsoo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we need "limp home procedure" if alarm not working, I referred to booklet, we need it to start our car if alarm faulty. The procedure needs 4 digit pin to start the engine.
HighCurrent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

once the light is continuosly on and your alarm sound 'tin' 3x, you just need to reset the alarm. how to reset? simply turn on the power switch (do not start, just turn on), turn the alarm reset switch on and off, and walla, the alarm is reset already. you can also toggle your auto door lock setting using the reset button.

cheers!
HighCurrent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

limp home procedure only applies on immobilizer system. we dont have one. what we have is a kancil type alarm..... (except those with skyguard la)
sbsoo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighCurrent, how do i toggle the auto door lock setting? By turning the alarm reset switch (with key)? I don't hv the manual for this leh... what i hv is to turn on/off the alarm by using the small key.
HighCurrent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, that small key. turn it 90 degrees. then try press your brake, it will not lock your door. turn it back, then it will become autolock again. i personally prefer autolock by speed (same like honda city,altis.....). ours is really troublesome especially when you want to open your gate etc....
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, whatever features of the lock, please remember to remove the keys. I was lock out from my old car when I forgot to remove the key. Had to 'fish' the locking bar and activate the alarm. Really careful from that day onwards.
sbsoo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighCurrent wrote:
yes, that small key. turn it 90 degrees. then try press your brake, it will not lock your door. turn it back, then it will become autolock again. i personally prefer autolock by speed (same like honda city,altis.....). ours is really troublesome especially when you want to open your gate etc....

HighCurrent, by turning the small key 90 degree... that means the alarm system will be turn off as well?
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, it will just disarm the alarm.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi slbeh,

For this 3 times sound, it is a signal that you car has been disarmed. What you could do is to arm it back with 1 sound then press again for normal 2 sound unlock, this will engage alarm back to the car.

Good try!
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The alarm we have is standard. Only 3 sounds:
1 beep - lock
2 beeps - unlock
3 beeps - doors was open
Just my sharing
david wrote:
Hi slbeh,

For this 3 times sound, it is a signal that you car has been disarmed. What you could do is to arm it back with 1 sound then press again for normal 2 sound unlock, this will engage alarm back to the car.

Good try!

david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason being is that I accidentally pressed the alarm button and the car was alarming then I pressed alarm button, it stop alarming, did the 3 beeps. So, I press unlock, 1 beep the car locked, 2 beep the car unlocked.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, me also the same....sometimes I press to many times accidently. But as long you have extra lock its good enough.
david wrote:
The reason being is that I accidentally pressed the alarm button and the car was alarming then I pressed alarm button, it stop alarming, did the 3 beeps. So, I press unlock, 1 beep the car locked, 2 beep the car unlocked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: