Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ECU Reprogramming - Tuning
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: ECU Reprogramming - Tuning Reply with quote

Ok guys, as what highlighted from here
, there are few things about this ECU Programming despite of what autosyn has hightlighted about the ECU tuning back then.

1. We should had upgraded all hardware about our car before the tuning.

2. AutoSyn will read our current ECU reading but I am not too sure whether they will just upload the pre-program version of firmware that expected to be optimized or varies of each of us.

3. The ECU tuning abit expensive (to me) but yet relatively cheaper than piggyback ECU.

Here are some pictures taken during the visit:

The system reading the existing ECU settings.

Hyundai Trajet needs this extra device to be read because they are using old Mitsubishi ECU while our new Accent uses Bosch ECU.

Checking my vesion of ECU, too bad is not available because my ECU version abit odd, but still sourcable.

The OBD1 port of my car is the same port KBSC uses to connect to their readers.

Well, so far whether it works or not I can't elaborate much because I haven't tune mine, unless someone sponsor me lah... Razz

Last edited by david on Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
autosyn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For cars that are completely stock standard we will most likely upload a pre-programmed tuning program because it will be optimally tuned already but for cars with modifications we will reprogram according to what is already installed in the car to make sure that the program will bring out the maximum potential of the modification.

For exhaust modifications and grouding and other simple items, the stage 1 tuning is enough. If you have put in open pod filters and done port and polish plus performance cams, we will do more extensive checking before we tune the car.
autosyn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will bring my tuned Accent during the next round of ECU tuning. You guys can try out the car.

My Accent is a 100% stock standard car. 2005 model Automatic. No modification parts inside, just ECU tuned in December 2005.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool. but RM900 ... Crying or Very sad
autosyn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:

sorry david, the price is not controlled by me... the korean guys charge us in US dollar and our currency is so weak..
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

autosyn wrote:
david wrote:

sorry david, the price is not controlled by me... the korean guys charge us in US dollar and our currency is so weak..

autosyn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try my best to work something out with them or arrange for some easy payment scheme if I can secure a group tuning session.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, that sounds good news.

i think if the "package" is interesting, there will be more members here catched their eyes.

autosyn wrote:
I will try my best to work something out with them or arrange for some easy payment scheme if I can secure a group tuning session.

hcgui
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we roughly know the new max output of bhp and torque and their respective rpm of our engine after tuning? standard one is 89bhp/91ps @ 5500rpm and 13.2kgm/129Nm torque @ 3000rpm if not mistaken. if it's possible can autosyn show us the new output curve of d engine after tuning?
autosyn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hcgui wrote:
can we roughly know the new max output of bhp and torque and their respective rpm of our engine after tuning? standard one is 89bhp/91ps @ 5500rpm and 13.2kgm/129Nm torque @ 3000rpm if not mistaken. if it's possible can autosyn show us the new output curve of d engine after tuning?

I currently don't have a dyno chart for Accent but got dyno chart for GEtz and Elantra. you can check out my website for more info. www.automotivesynergy.com.

You can expect the power to increase to 90+bhp or around 10% for stage 1 remap. The power gains will be on wheel rather than on crank. The dyno chart is also not 100% reflective of the results. The owner of the car who drives it daily will know the difference immediately. I will bring my car to let you guys test drive.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you explain why tuning the ECU will have on the wheel improvement but not the crank?
autosyn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
can you explain why tuning the ECU will have on the wheel improvement but not the crank?

ECU tuning can give you power on wheel and on crank. If I give you results based on crank it is a waste of time because if you gain 20% power on crank you will still lose 25% through the gearbox.
True power gains that you can feel are measured by power gains on wheel. meaning that the power gain is after passing through the gearbox.

Manual gearboxes will lose around 15% to 18% efficiency whereas for auto you will lose 25% to 30%.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meaning the ECU tuning also tune the control of the gear?
thats why the power gain can be passed to wheel from crank?

autosyn wrote:
david wrote:

ECU tuning can give you power on wheel and on crank. If I give you results based on crank it is a waste of time because if you gain 20% power on crank you will still lose 25% through the gearbox.
True power gains that you can feel are measured by power gains on wheel. meaning that the power gain is after passing through the gearbox.

Manual gearboxes will lose around 15% to 18% efficiency whereas for auto you will lose 25% to 30%.

autosyn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:

autosyn wrote:
david wrote:

david,
The auto gearbox is controlled by the gearbox ECU. The ECU we retune does not control the gear box ECU. How we calculate the power gains is from power given out at the wheels.

For example if someone says they give you 20bhp more on crank from the original 100bhp. The gain is suppose to be 20% but if you look at the original power after the gearbox on wheel is only 100bhp less 20% which is only 80bhp. So if you add the 20bhp after a modification which will be 120bhp, take out 20% you will have only 96bhp. the total gain is only 16 bhp.
For on wheel calculations, 20bhp is a lot. so if the car has 20bhp increase on wheel, you will be gaining a more than 20% on crank. (close to 25% on crank).

so remember that if someone gives you a figure saying that he has 200bhp car, but the power is on crank.. it really means that he has only around 160 to 170bhp on wheel. A guy with a car with 180bhp on wheel is still going more power that the first guy.

When we say we give you 10% to 12% power increase on wheel, it is real power that you will really notice. Even with 10% gain on crank you will still be able to feel.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the explanation, but since i am not completely understanding all, but i think i got a point here.

autosyn wrote:
david wrote:

autosyn wrote:
david wrote:

david,
The auto gearbox is controlled by the gearbox ECU. The ECU we retune does not control the gear box ECU. How we calculate the power gains is from power given out at the wheels.

For example if someone says they give you 20bhp more on crank from the original 100bhp. The gain is suppose to be 20% but if you look at the original power after the gearbox on wheel is only 100bhp less 20% which is only 80bhp. So if you add the 20bhp after a modification which will be 120bhp, take out 20% you will have only 96bhp. the total gain is only 16 bhp.
For on wheel calculations, 20bhp is a lot. so if the car has 20bhp increase on wheel, you will be gaining a more than 20% on crank. (close to 25% on crank).

so remember that if someone gives you a figure saying that he has 200bhp car, but the power is on crank.. it really means that he has only around 160 to 170bhp on wheel. A guy with a car with 180bhp on wheel is still going more power that the first guy.

When we say we give you 10% to 12% power increase on wheel, it is real power that you will really notice. Even with 10% gain on crank you will still be able to feel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: