Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Michelin MXV8/XM1 tyres Only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
henryyong
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: New Accent owner Reply with quote

Hi all, the changing michelin XM1 tyres you all refering, is that only for tyres itself, what about the rims?do we need to change the rim as well to get better results?how much am i need to pay if i trade in my new accent tyres to michelin XM1?

Thank you! Very Happy
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New Accent owner Reply with quote

Hi Henryyong,
What we always refer to is on the tyres unless its stated Rims.
If the tyres are 15", we will have to change our stock rims to 15" cause the stock rims are 14".
15" rims are much better than a 14" rims in terms of handling and cornering. But the bigger your rims you need to get a better tyre treading cause if you hit a puddle of water with a big rims, you will not have full wheel contact to road - in other words, floating.
Changing of tires and rims is up to you. If you have the money to spend, then go on ahead Very Happy.
henryyong wrote:
Hi all, the changing michelin XM1 tyres you all refering, is that only for tyres itself, what about the rims?do we need to change the rim as well to get better results?how much am i need to pay if i trade in my new accent tyres to michelin XM1?

Thank you! Very Happy

henryyong
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks marky, is XM1 tyres the best for our stock tyres?will it be really less noise for our car?sorry i'm lack of experience in this kind of thing, how much can we trade in our good year tyres?by the way, do u have any nice pic for our accent's rim?for e.g, yours car?

Thanks for help Laughing
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

henryyong,XM1 is good for our tires. Tyres other than Goodyear and Sime should not be bought cause of their quality.
You can view back some of the topics discussed before and all your questions will be answered.
henryyong wrote:
Thanks marky, is XM1 tyres the best for our stock tyres?will it be really less noise for our car?sorry i'm lack of experience in this kind of thing, how much can we trade in our good year tyres?by the way, do u have any nice pic for our accent's rim?for e.g, yours car?

Thanks for help Laughing

chkwong

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err...I'm not any KB SA la...I'm just a software developer/consultant.

I stay in Puchong Bandar Kinrara, can let you test drive my Accent with XM1 or even City with Pilot Preceda. Seriously if you got the money to change to 15" rims, do consider Pilot Preceda. It will blow you away and the price also. Ok, maybe I exaggerated a bit. Very Happy

BTW, I'm not in KL this weekend, going to Ipoh. If you want to look for good tyre shop in Puchong, can recommend my regular tyre shop.
ah lim
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much do u spend....does it got trade in? May i know where is the tyre shop u recommend in Puchong? Opposite IOI Mall? May i get the contact no. Thanks Razz

chkwong wrote:
Err...I'm not any KB SA la...I'm just a software developer/consultant.

I stay in Puchong Bandar Kinrara, can let you test drive my Accent with XM1 or even City with Pilot Preceda. Seriously if you got the money to change to 15" rims, do consider Pilot Preceda. It will blow you away and the price also. Ok, maybe I exaggerated a bit. Very Happy

BTW, I'm not in KL this weekend, going to Ipoh. If you want to look for good tyre shop in Puchong, can recommend my regular tyre shop.
chkwong

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT guy also eh...

The tyre is in Bandar Puteri...look for Mr. Low say my name, he should know...coz all my cars tyre are from him.

E & L Auto Service
43, Jln Wawasan 5/1,
Pusat Bandar Puchong
Tel: +60-3-5882 1251

They got trade-in if your tyres still new enough.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
IT guy also eh...

The tyre is in Bandar Puteri...look for Mr. Low say my name, he should know...coz all my cars tyre are from him.

E & L Auto Service
43, Jln Wawasan 5/1,
Pusat Bandar Puchong
Tel: +60-3-5882 1251

They got trade-in if your tyres still new enough.

u can try here as well
http://www.quicksave2u.com/promotion.asp
to compare the prices
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ah lim
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U guys r very helpful...Thanks a lot....

This is my first time to buy a car...so i dun have any experince... Razz I need u r information to guide me.... Wink

Do u all know the Tornado Tyre Question One of the Workshop recommend this tyre to me Confused Err..DO u hear this brand b4?

I hope to hear from u all opinion...Thanks Very Happy
chkwong

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tornado pulak...

Either you get the Michelin or the cheaper Bridgestone.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, I have not heard of Tornado brand before. I'll check it out for you.
Michelin is a good tire to buy. Do not get Sime oir even Goodyear as it is not value for money.

Last edited by marky on Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ah lim
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys...Tday i get my new accent...I'm very happy

I change rims to 15 ...My workshop man recommend me to use the Pilot Preceda...195/50/15....What's the different of 195/55/15 Question How abt also the differnet of XM1 compare wt Pilot Preceda Question

Does it noisy also? CHKWong May i know how much u spend to change the Pilot Preceda? And ur Rim is 15?

Hope to get from u all suggestion n opinion...Thanks Wink
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Had a talk with Michelin Authorised distributor (office in PJ near Assunta Hospital there)some time back. Pilot Preceda is a sports type of tyres. Grip and hydroplanning is the highest in the category. It is an older model and the new model will be out. He did not mention when but much better than Pilot cause it was tested during WRC before final release.
The other models by Michelin is for comfort and handling for normal driving and not for harsh driving and speeds.
chkwong wrote:
195/50/15 is too thin...no no...looks nice...but not practical in Malaysian roads... 195/55/15 is just ok-ok.

Coz I'm using this size on my City and it's bumpier than my Accent 185/65/14. You wouldn't want to try 50 series coz our road got potholes and bumps. I would take MXV8 195/60/15 if I were you, comfort and quieter than Pilot Preceda 195/55/15. Price wise Pilot Preceda is a lot more expensive than XM1 and MXV8.

Pilot Preceda 195/55/15 is RM 245.

Do take the MXV8 coz it's quieter than Pilot Preceda and our Accent is not good noise insulation compared to the City. I'm driving both cars on the same route to work. Grip wise Pilot Preceda is better than XM1. MXV8 grip comes in between.

chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, the Pilot Preceda is almost end of product life. Saw in one website tyre review, the new one to replace this is much better. New generation usually better than previous generations. And I can say so far its true for Michelin tyres for the past 10 yrs.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelin are really good tires. They're even used for WRC for this year. So far...all the races it can last all the tortures.
chkwong wrote:
Ya, the Pilot Preceda is almost end of product life. Saw in one website tyre review, the new one to replace this is much better. New generation usually better than previous generations. And I can say so far its true for Michelin tyres for the past 10 yrs.

Last edited by marky on Tue May 31, 2005 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: