Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Michelin MXV8/XM1 tyres Only
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Michelin MXV8/XM1 tyres Only Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I was thinking of changing my rims too but decided to play around with tires.
Have anyone use Michelin MXV8 or XM1 tyre's already? How does it feels during wet connering?
chkwong

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm using michelin xm1...good... if got money try the mxv8 better...wet cornering no prob...
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkWong,
Would like to 'test' our your car handling!!! Hehehe.
MXV8 is a little on the pricey side. But might take into consideration. Is the XM1 quiet? How about your FC? Any changes?

Just to share with everyone, I was at Senawang yesterday and went to a tire shop to check out Continental and also Michelin Tyres. They only carry Certis and I've use it before on my old Iswara. He recomended me to use Dunlop Le Mans 702 imported from Japan. Full set of tyres (4 pcs) he was offering $168/pc. He was also selling ContiComford1 for $160/pc.
He demo the stability of the tyre by lifting it high up and letting it fall. It bump stright up and down compared to Sime and other local made tires. I did press on the tyre with my body weight and it seems soft to preasure. As for sime, it was a bit tough. He mention that an Indian guy driving a Waja change to Le Mans 702 and brough his 2 friends to change to that tyre too.
Tread wise, its aqua-planning seems to be more. Anyone to suggest/share?

chkwong wrote:
i'm using michelin xm1...good... if got money try the mxv8 better...wet cornering no prob...

chkwong

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm using the 185/65/14 size which is a bit odd size...which is thicker...but more comfortable...going over bumps no prob since the car is higher by about 9mm...xm1 is a lot lot lot quieter than ur stock tyres...trying running the stock tyres on highway 110km speed and u see/hear what i mean...should have get the mxv8 instead...but then ran out of $$$ coz my colleague get the mxv8 for his honda accord and truly satisfied

btw, hv been using michelin since the days of proton...my wira coming to 10 yrs come january...so far no regrets...even got one time masuk lubang besar in old klang...but tyre did not burst...only slight bump...next morning got to change tyre...coz it risky to run on pregnant tyres...

IMHO...invest in safety and comfort...that way u will truly appreciate ur accent
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price will be one of the factors. To me, I always think it this way $=quality/safety for tires. We can all go for good imported tyres for almost maybe 20 bucks more of the same brand and different model. I saw the difference for Dunlop Le Mans 702 model for local and imported (frm Japan).
The rubber quality and balance of the tires was the difference.

Anyway,I suggest to go for Michelin,Dunlop Le Mans models (those import from Japan only) cause they are WRC track proven and Michelin is the most.

Just my opinion.
chkwong

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelin mxv8 is better than xm1...but more expensive...actually not tat more expensive but mxv8 dun have 14 inch size...only for 15 inch and above...if not i would have got it
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XM1 is a replacement for Certis models. MXV8 is also a replacement of another model which I forgot which one it is.
For our rims, we have no choice but to change it to 15" if we need to use a better high performance type (not highest like those use by BMW or Volvo etc). Our grading is for comford and good handling only.

chkwong wrote:
michelin mxv8 is better than xm1...but more expensive...actually not tat more expensive but mxv8 dun have 14 inch size...only for 15 inch and above...if not i would have got it

ycsteven

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
XM1 is a replacement for Certis models. MXV8 is also a replacement of another model which I forgot which one it is.
For our rims, we have no choice but to change it to 15" if we need to use a better high performance type (not highest like those use by BMW or Volvo etc). Our grading is for comford and good handling only.

chkwong wrote:
i think economical stil is the most important fact for me, of course the quality is also one of the main issue, by the way i going to use up my stock tyres then only will consider to change to a new one, also becoz not much of budget now, have to saving a bit first.. Shocked
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ycsteven wrote:
i think economical stil is the most important fact for me, of course the quality is also one of the main issue, by the way i going to use up my stock tyres then only will consider to change to a new one, also becoz not much of budget now, have to saving a bit first.. Shocked

yet lah CNY is coming....but just do some shopping first....
btw, according to my tyre shop friend, Michelin XM1 is made from Thailand not import one..... Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ycsteven

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all brands of tyre also got factory in different country, so depend the batch lor..
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all lar. Some are made in Msia like for Dunlop and Goodyear.
But imported tires can also be consider ... like from Thailand etc...
Best to get those from UK or US or Japan...but our car,Japan shld be better.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:

from japan???...the price would be around RM400++ rather than RM160~180 Embarassed ....but even imported tires from Thailand also better quality than local made, according to my tyre shop friend Idea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup....Japan...found one - Dunlop Le Mans 702 for about $168 fully imported from Japan. Tested it and the quality is much better.
slbeh wrote:
marky wrote:

from japan???...the price would be around RM400++ rather than RM160~180 Embarassed ....but even imported tires from Thailand also better quality than local made, according to my tyre shop friend Idea

marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't find in Dunlop websites. You have to do a search either in google or yahoo for Le Mans Tyres/tires. I forgot where it is already.

slbeh wrote:
marky wrote:
Yup....Japan...found one - Dunlop Le Mans 702 for about $168 fully imported from Japan. Tested it and the quality is much better.
slbeh wrote:
marky wrote:

marky ...can not find the info of this Dunlop Le Mans 702 from the wedsite..???
http://www.dunloptyres.com.my/plisting.asp

Gilthoniel
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so is this dunlop le mans better than the michelin xm1?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: