Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Consider Buying Hyundai Accent in Year 2004
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallwinter
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Consider Buying Hyundai Accent in Year 2004 Reply with quote

I'm considering of purchasing a Accent and would appreciate if Accentians can share their experiences on the following: Question

1. How long does it take for a car to be delivered? (I have asked some dealers and they told me it is within 4 days-4 weeks time)

2. How can I differentiate a new model and old model? I have visited two showrooms and checking with few dealers, but the information which they given was not the same, each claimed theirs are the latest model Rolling Eyes

3. What are the things that I should consider or look for?

4. Any particular branch or dealer to recommend?

Thanks. Wink
chkwong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. To be frank, expect 3-4 weeks. My SA says about 3 weeks, I expect 4 weeks, so it turns out quite good after all.

2. New model has the shorter Sonata type antenna, VDO CD player and light colour plastic trim.

3. Those extra accessories is pretty much useless. They don't add any practicality to the car.

4. Puchong Kah Bintang, opposite IOI Mall, look for Mr. Sam Ooi, 012-278 6000. He's quite honest to tell you not to take those accessories, like half leather trim, U-kool and stuff as they are not value for money. Say that I introduce you, ok I don't earn anything from this ok. Tell him you wanna test drive till you drop just like I did. Very Happy Very Happy Tell him you wanna test drive like that bugger (whom is me) which even bring along measuring tape to measure the boot, whole family, kids and friends. Ha. Even that, he's not angry. Wah...what a good SA guy!
morrisage
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I have not been to other branches of KB but the Puchong guys seem quite friendly and I have booked one. Just accompanied my friend for test drive and ended up buying one Very Happy ......but my friend didn't...... Sad

2. I have not taken the tinting option from KB as I thought of doing it outside. I need to know whether the rear windscreen can be tinted, why I am asking this is that we have the defogger in the rear. Will the switching of defogger affect the tint in any way?

3. Is it possible to tint the front windscreen with a neutral tint, just to reduce the heat entering through the front? I am using smart tag.
spinner
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Doubts about Accent Reply with quote

fallwinter wrote:
I'm considering of purchasing a Accent and would appreciate if Accentians can share their experiences on the following: Question

1. How long does it take for a car to be delivered? (I have asked some dealers and they told me it is within 4 days-4 weeks time)

2. How can I differentiate a new model and old model? I have visited two showrooms and checking with few dealers, but the information which they given was not the same, each claimed theirs are the latest model Rolling Eyes

3. What are the things that I should consider or look for?

4. Any particular branch or dealer to recommend?

Thanks. Wink

fallwinter,

ya! I agree with chkwong there. Wink

1) expect 3-4 weeks depends on stocks (with or without spoiler)

2) new model has body messarger too (driver side) remote control

3) Not worth it to take accessories like U-kool, semi leather seat (can seek outsite source)

4) aahh!! yes. Puchong KB SA is friendly. The boss ther name Nelson. You can ask for Mr. Yap also.....but don't attend to one indian girl there (she likes mao tak mao) don't like her selling attitute. Evil or Very Mad

Accent!! Good Choice!! Go Test Drive!!!
spinner
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morrisage wrote:
1. I have not been to other branches of KB but the Puchong guys seem quite friendly and I have booked one. Just accompanied my friend for test drive and ended up buying one Very Happy ......but my friend didn't...... Sad

2. I have not taken the tinting option from KB as I thought of doing it outside. I need to know whether the rear windscreen can be tinted, why I am asking this is that we have the defogger in the rear. Will the switching of defogger affect the tint in any way?

3. Is it possible to tint the front windscreen with a neutral tint, just to reduce the heat entering through the front? I am using smart tag.

Hi Morrisage,

1) deliver time 3-4 weeks (depends on cars comes with or without spoiler)

2) good move!! don't take the tinted option. If you have money, go for V-kool.
if not, try aircool tinted shop near by KB Puchong, they got variety range. the manager ther name Karen. Ask any questions if you curious about the tinted.

3) JPJ Approve by them and warranty 5 years.
morrisage
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks spinner,

Yes I was told 3 weeks, hope I get it by this weekend.....
fallwinter
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Doubts about Accent Reply with quote

Shocked Not bad!! New model comes with the body massager.
Does anyone have comment about this body massager?

Called up several SA, some of the SA said that they can deliver the car to me within 1 week, guarantee new model.
Does anyone get their accent within 1 week?
chkwong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't waste your money of the body massager. Better spend it on the V-kool and Michelin tyres. Well if you the $$$ to burn...buy Elantra 1.8 instead, it's tons better than Accent. I'm not saying the Accent is lousy, but Elantra is just way better. A good cool and comfortable ride, minus the hot stinging sun ray is a lot better than the massager. IMHO.
soulkipper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's no extra payment for the massager. It cost 480.00 and my SA told me itt is included in the car price. Something to do about due to the increasing price of the car whatsoever.
fallwinter
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="soulkipper"]there's no extra payment for the massager. It cost 480.00 and my SA told me itt is included in the car price. Something to do about due to the increasing price of the car whatsoever.[/quote]

Very Happy i have checked with some SA, they said the new model comes with the Body Massager - which is free of charge. It's seem great, i can enjoy the massage while i am driving Razz

Thanks for all the info that provided.
It's help me on making my decision.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallwinter wrote:
soulkipper wrote:
there's no extra payment for the massager. It cost 480.00 and my SA told me itt is included in the car price. Something to do about due to the increasing price of the car whatsoever.

Very Happy i have checked with some SA, they said the new model comes with the Body Massager - which is free of charge. It's seem great, i can enjoy the massage while i am driving Razz

Thanks for all the info that provided.
It's help me on making my decision.

wow....how can? Evil or Very Mad
we got nothing lah Evil or Very Mad
in addition to new CD player with the shorter antenna,
buying Hyundai Accent now got free Body Massager & free U-Cool
Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
fallwinter
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slbeh,

Wink You should feel happy for Hyundai's changes, at least prove that they do seeks for improvement, does not remain in the same level.

For Accent Club member,

1) If you just get your Accent lately, please let me know whether you got your body massager or not!

2) Is it possible to get Accent in one week time effective from the date of booking? I have told by Damansara SA that, i am able to get my accent within 1 week from the date of booking Twisted Evil
Hurricane
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think massager is free of charge la... the car price increased by RM1000+ since 10 July ( i bought mine in June) according to my fren who had just booked the car. so same same la... just that minus the massager seems not so cool huh?
Pickim
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Fellow Accentians,

Noted that KB had reduced U-Kool price and now giving seat with massager. My opinion is that it is a sale gimmick to get ppl interested in the Accent. We should look at the overall car price other than merely looking at what comes with the car. As it is, the price had gone up (as compared with what we have paid) and hence it should not be a surprise if KB give things that were not given to us.

Best regards,
Pickim
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pickim wrote:
Dear Fellow Accentians,

Noted that KB had reduced U-Kool price and now giving seat with massager. My opinion is that it is a sale gimmick to get ppl interested in the Accent. We should look at the overall car price other than merely looking at what comes with the car. As it is, the price had gone up (as compared with what we have paid) and hence it should not be a surprise if KB give things that were not given to us.

Best regards,
Pickim

yes, nothing is free....the above mentioned items maybe ....at the expense of ur car price Twisted Evil btw, how much now the price of the accent ? Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: