Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compare Hyundai Accent with Proton Iswara/Wira/Waja/Gen2
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighCurrent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Compare Hyundai Accent with Proton Iswara/Wira/Waja/Gen2 Reply with quote

just to share....
before i bought my accent, i compared the car with waja and spectra.
Plus points:
spectra & waja are more spacious. waja got more style for the interior design. spectra's interior for me looks better than accent also. both of them are matured production.
Minus points:
- if youre unlucky you'll end up with problematic waja (matured???). spectra have higher FC.
- spectra bodyline is just similar to sephia, and just very typical look of an amateur car designer first drawing.
- waja looks like a bulk of metal running on the road. just too bulky! adding up 15" wheel also doesnt help much.
- spectra upgraded with bodykit looks like a tank (?).
- and the main thing is........spectra and waja are just everywhere. nobody notice. nobody looks at it. nobody says wow. it has been years already!
i believe, that was the main reason i bought accent. and when i send my brother to school, i can see the wow expression on the kids face!!!! kids never lie man!!! do you ever see the wow look when the kids look at waja or spectra? or even V6? hehehe..... bess gilaaa
gen2? ermmm great first impression but well... everybody knows, no need explanation.
chkwong

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u can't possibly get anything worse than proton...trust me...even naza cars r better
gvoyager

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure Naza is much better than protong (just look at the price). LOL,, however we know a big percentage of it goes to the rip-off-government. We all should be driving sport cars if tax is low here for cars, and should be happy to see potong gulung tikar too! Very Happy
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
u can't possibly get anything worse than proton...trust me...even naza cars r better

wong seems like anti-protong already after owned the Accent...just joking.... Laughing Laughing
ur new kangoo for CKD launch already..pricing btw RM50K to RM70..... Evil or Very Mad Although it equip with air bag, ABS,...
but it is a commercial vehicle, not a decent passenger car..
I alway think that TC's car is quite expensive lah Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
chkwong

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anti-protong? u bet...after owning one myself...i tell u...waste annual leave just to fix this and tat starting from day one...first day took the car already got water leakeage from roof...funny engine sound...and lotsa otr things...ptui...talking abt car ownership...even my wife kancil is tons better

test drive the kangoo b4...quite nice...very good suspension and sound insulation...can put some 80k jap to shame...but old engine la...1.4 8V SOHC only...the current worldwide version is 1.6 16V DOHC...but very good for family...70k for the full model still quite expensive though...hoping it was like 60-65k...and quite ugly looking thing from outside...but very practical for family...esp those got kids one...u know what i mean with kids running around behind the rear seat Very Happy
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
anti-protong? u bet...after owning one myself...i tell u...waste annual leave just to fix this and tat starting from day one...first day took the car already got water leakeage from roof...funny engine sound...and lotsa otr things...ptui...talking abt car ownership...even my wife kancil is tons better

test drive the kangoo b4...quite nice...very good suspension and sound insulation...can put some 80k jap to shame...but old engine la...1.4 8V SOHC only...the current worldwide version is 1.6 16V DOHC...but very good for family...70k for the full model still quite expensive though...hoping it was like 60-65k...and quite ugly looking thing from outside...but very practical for family...esp those got kids one...u know what i mean with kids running around behind the rear seat Very Happy

yes, I have the similar experience with my previous Waja as well..... Embarassed
RM70+/- price range....Inokom Matrix.....or Toyata Avanza seems like more attractive Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
chkwong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Majority of first time car buyer buy car because of looks, cheap but don't know got quality or not. That's why still got lots of 1st time car buyer get Proton. After they drive and own Proton for couple of months, then they curse this and that and swear will never buy another low quality product. That's when all these Korean makes save them and save their life.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Augustine. My 11yr old plotong still good and running on the road. But those new batch, QC extreamly bad!!! So have to think better.

augustineaf wrote:
chkwong wrote:
Majority of first time car buyer buy car because of looks, cheap but don't know got quality or not. That's why still got lots of 1st time car buyer get Proton. After they drive and own Proton for couple of months, then they curse this and that and swear will never buy another low quality product. That's when all these Korean makes save them and save their life.

WELL YOU CANNOT BLAME ALL THE FIRST TIME CAR BUYERS for buying malaysian cars.!!! Rolling Eyes
our government wants us to support malaysian products--mah!!!
that is why the TAX is high for foreign cars!!!!
Most ppl like me hate TAX!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
my first car was a perodua kancil, a malaysian made car, i bought it coz' i needed the car for transportation, protection from rain, all the basic needs for the use of a car. As a starter, malaysian car looks good for a few years until you have more money to buy a better car like accent Cool Cool
but that was long time ago, now the car market is so competitive, the price for a malaysian car and a foreign car is just about RM2000 to RM3000 difference, therefore ppl nowadays have to look and be more demanding and do more research (test drive and etc) before buying a car , thanks to AFTA. if not, you get screwwed!!!! Shocked Shocked

slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

augustineaf wrote:
chkwong wrote:

WELL YOU CANNOT BLAME ALL THE FIRST TIME CAR BUYERS for buying malaysian cars.!!! Rolling Eyes
our government wants us to support malaysian products--mah!!!
that is why the TAX is high for foreign cars!!!!
Most ppl like me hate TAX!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
my first car was a perodua kancil, a malaysian made car, i bought it coz' i needed the car for transportation, protection from rain, all the basic needs for the use of a car. As a starter, malaysian car looks good for a few years until you have more money to buy a better car like accent Cool Cool
but that was long time ago, now the car market is so competitive, the price for a malaysian car and a foreign car is just about RM2000 to RM3000 difference, therefore ppl nowadays have to look and be more demanding and do more research (test drive and etc) before buying a car , thanks to AFTA. if not, you get screwwed!!!! Shocked Shocked

no ready....lah..before year 1997 I owned Wira 1.3 M & kancil 660 M...both are good...no complaint at all except the waja I own on year 2000 .......
now..I compare my wife's new kancil 660 m with last time my older kancil 660m which has sold very long time.......the older is the best Evil or Very Mad
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time, the quality and QC awas good cause low demand.But not, to meet the demand and to increase profits, they cut down on quality products and QC. Thats why, newer cars are not so "value for $"
ycsteven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Last time, the quality and QC awas good cause low demand.But not, to meet the demand and to increase profits, they cut down on quality products and QC. Thats why, newer cars are not so "value for $"
that's true, the QC is a very expensive production line in a factory, those very branded product always put very much of investment in this line.
chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya the old old wira not bad...just tat...u don't feel the feel good satisfaction factor when u own one...its like u wish u had pay a bit more for jap/korean cars...or get p2 car instead...get the feeling?

the wira serve me well, but later even the original parts after 2000 is getting lower and lower in quality, i always get proton original parts (READ: original, not taiwan or imitation)....but somehow the rate of defect is so high tat u might as well get non-ori instead...wasted my money getting ori parts even for power window...during the course of 10yrs ownership...the power window i had changed dunno god know how many times
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 10yrs old Iswara also serve me well. It is in its 11th year of service now. But The rust part is reappearing again.
I stop using Ori parts when about 7yrs ago. Non-Ori parts serve me well. Its actually from same Factory but only chop is different.
Frankly, I feel that Non-Ori parts kept my car alive for the past 11yrs!!! Laughing LOL
chkwong wrote:
ya the old old wira not bad...just tat...u don't feel the feel good satisfaction factor when u own one...its like u wish u had pay a bit more for jap/korean cars...or get p2 car instead...get the feeling?

the wira serve me well, but later even the original parts after 2000 is getting lower and lower in quality, i always get proton original parts (READ: original, not taiwan or imitation)....but somehow the rate of defect is so high tat u might as well get non-ori instead...wasted my money getting ori parts even for power window...during the course of 10yrs ownership...the power window i had changed dunno god know how many times

ycsteven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:

the power windows problems was make me very irritating also for my old wira...till ur guys can imagine i can changed the power window part by myself, so u should know how many i have been seeing the machanic fixed the problems for me.. Sad
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I travelled to Klang everyday and I get to see 98% of all plotong cars will have to open their door to pay toll. I was in that category before. But nowdays, I use those rubber lubricant but it don't last that long.

ycsteven wrote:
chkwong wrote:

the power windows problems was make me very irritating also for my old wira...till ur guys can imagine i can changed the power window part by myself, so u should know how many i have been seeing the machanic fixed the problems for me.. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: