Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some advice from your guys

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
und3ad
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Need some advice from your guys Reply with quote

hi guys , greate to join this club, it let me learn a lot.

but need some advice from your guys..... for my problem.

i had jz bought a 2nd hand Hyundai accent RSX model Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

but...........the problem is..............................

1) Ex owner had change the rims to 16'inch ; tyre (205/45/16) ; damn nice look Cool Cool
2) Adjustable Absorber (i think is HKS 1; no quite remember dy Embarassed Embarassed )

since it was too boucing, i was go to a workshop and change it to normal absorber ; but it always cause the tyre kiss the fender.. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

There is 2 scnerio need some advice :

1 ) change it to Eibach Pro kit spring ( i read pre thread , some say can fixed it ; does it real ?)

2) change to 15rim (this 1 will cause me have a big lubang for my wallet)

if i do really change to 15 rims, do the work shop accept trade in the rims/ absorer( original 1 ) , need to change the spring as well...

roughtly how much do i need to spend on this issues....

Pleas help .......
many thanks......
mki88
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tire u have but definitely consume fuel like monster.

From what I know, if u buy the rim the shop will trade in your old rim hence u should get some discount (which I think quite minor)

For absorber and tire I don't think the shop will trade in for u. So still have to bear with the cost.

Normal front and back absorber should cost around RM400++, rim should be around RM1000, normal set of tire should be RM600 ++. Quite costly but this is the estimation.
und3ad
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked

It is around RM2k++ wah~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
too expensive~~~~ Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

How about scenerio 1, will it able to solve, if really change it to Eibach Spring, the Car will be lower down more.....

i guess it kiss the fender lagi teruk lorr.....
but so of the forumner said can......

does it real ? if yes, then i better buy spring then more save money..... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

mki88 wrote:
Good tire u have but definitely consume fuel like monster.

From what I know, if u buy the rim the shop will trade in your old rim hence u should get some discount (which I think quite minor)

For absorber and tire I don't think the shop will trade in for u. So still have to bear with the cost.

Normal front and back absorber should cost around RM400++, rim should be around RM1000, normal set of tire should be RM600 ++. Quite costly but this is the estimation.
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 options want to tell u:-

1) Got a lot of money, do what think better & quality. Changed for branded, expensive and make sure ur fund not waste so so.

2) Dont want spend so much money, cut cost,safe cost but must do another alternative way. By using back original absorber,spring(standard), 16" rims&tyre .Try using rubber foam(buffer).

Install in the middle of original spring. Only spend below rm100 u can get 2 pcs for rear spring. It works like amazing. I have done install and no need to changed spring or absorber. No more touching fender,better handling control, less bouncing,improve on high speed connering, can carries 5 adult people without worries. Many new saga,estima,avanza,accent owner install it.

My advice: Dont do twice/double work.Think 10 times before purchase.
und3ad
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi zam79,

tq for your answer (yay, this is what i expect ; save cost but comfort) Razz Razz Razz , refering to rubber install in the middle of spring, just direct spoke to workshop people will do ? or do you have any website can give me for ref ?

zam79 wrote:

1) Got a lot of money, do what think better & quality. Changed for branded, expensive and make sure ur fund not waste so so.

2) Dont want spend so much money, cut cost,safe cost but must do another alternative way. By using back original absorber,spring(standard), 16" rims&tyre .Try using rubber foam(buffer).

Install in the middle of original spring. Only spend below rm100 u can get 2 pcs for rear spring. It works like amazing. I have done install and no need to changed spring or absorber. No more touching fender,better handling control, less bouncing,improve on high speed connering, can carries 5 adult people without worries. Many new saga,estima,avanza,accent owner install it.

und3ad
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi zam79,

I manage to found some info:
refer to this link
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/993948

is the the rubber u mentioen to ?

zam79 wrote:

mki88
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is the rubber. But u have to make sure the rubber u purchase fit onto your spring. My friend purchased one from one of the accessories shop in sunway and raised his ride for about an inch.
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that rubber spring buffer that i mention. try use la.
Better u go to accessories shop or tyre shop, ask them spring buffer for accent model (LC or MC). Mine used a universal standard type. Most car can be fixed. Now i feel like drive BMW or Merc car. Of corse your car will raise up little bit from original after install this spring buffer (about half inch). It is very comfortable on uneven road surface and accross speed limit hump.
und3ad
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI zam79, thanks for advice, can i check with you , currently you are using the 16' offset 7 ; or 16 offset 6.5 rims?

is our accent car capabale for 16' offset 7 ?

zam79 wrote:
yes that rubber spring buffer that i mention. try use la.
Better u go to accessories shop or tyre shop, ask them spring buffer for accent model (LC or MC). Mine used a universal standard type. Most car can be fixed. Now i feel like drive BMW or Merc car. Of corse your car will raise up little bit from original after install this spring buffer (about half inch). It is very comfortable on uneven road surface and accross speed limit hump.
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some correction, i think the 'offset' words most like 'rimwitdh'. The offset of a wheel is the measurement of the hub surface contact area in offset from the center line of the overall rim width of the wheel. After calculate the measurement, it will become two anwser:- 1)positive offset 2) negative offset.

Now my ride used 17" rims & 7.5" width. I never ever used sport spring and sport absorber (adjustable type). If I used, so many prob will arise. But you must aware that our accent is tuned too soft for suspension (standard). So the cheeper way to solve it by install spring buffer.

Mine is MC model 2008. I'm not sure your RSX model can be fixed max width? If 16" rim & 7" width no prob. Dont lowered lowered la. Sure kena fender.
chkwong

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zam79, can u pm me the part # or spec that you got for ur Accent? Where/which shop? Thanks.
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How ur car issue now und3ad? Have u try install the spring rubber?
or u already change standard stock wheel and tyre ? he he he. Now I already install 4 unit spring buffer to my car and the feeling is very comfortable than usual. No more body roll, bounching, sampaness.
und3ad
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zam79 wrote:
How ur car issue now und3ad? Have u try install the spring rubber?
or u already change standard stock wheel and tyre ? he he he. Now I already install 4 unit spring buffer to my car and the feeling is very comfortable than usual. No more body roll, bounching, sampaness.

thanks zam79, my problem finally solved.
hehe sorry for late reply, bz working very less online this few week.
by the way, i found out that some times, i will heard a little bit : gek gek " sound, dunno is from the absorbar or....
but it jz sometimes, only....

so i will jz ignore it~ Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
hehe

not sure u having the same issues or not.
aneipe
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys..im new here..

undead..

when u say ur problem solved meaning u use rubber foam also?..if yes where did u get it n how much?..im currently using 17" rim with 205/40/r17 tyre..when fully loaded (4 ppl) the tyre will kiss the fender..so if i use the rubber foam can it solve my problem?..nway i drive an accent gti 1.5 manual..just bought early this year..tq..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: