Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Tyres caused Steering to shudder @ high speeds

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultra_freeze
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: New Tyres caused Steering to shudder @ high speeds Reply with quote

Hi,

Seeking expert opinion on what might the root cause of this issue is.

I have bought by Accent for 2 years now and have recently changed my front 2 tires to Continental Conti-Comfort 1. The tires shop made the necessary balancing on the tires as well as tire alignment.

While traveling from Penang to KL recently, I noticed that my steering was "shuddering" while driving @ 100 ~ 110 kph. This never seems to happen with the original Goodyear Ducaro GA tires. Is it due to unbalanced tires or not having properly aligned tires?

The second issue that I seem to be having with my Accent is the tendency for the steering to shift 10 ~ 15 degrees to the right while travelling in a straight line. This issue has been pestering me for the past year since I 1st got my car re-aligned. I did a second realignment during the tire change recently, but the problem seems to re-surfaced after a day or two.

And my third issue is quite troubling. When I travel @ high speeds (120kph and above), I can feel (through my steering) that the tires seems to be off-balanced, and then my entire chassis seems to shudder and shake. I will need to slow down to get the chassis to stop shuddering.

Are all these 3 problems due to the tires, or the chassis itself is mis-aligned? Sad [/b]
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alignment and balancing. go redo from a master mechanic.
btw, ur new front tyres compensate the rear tyre size?
ie front and back 185/60/r14 or diff sizes? also pls check direction of the thread, certain tyres only single direction thread, like mine...
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have experience like u before. Tired do so many times balancing & alignment frequently. Send to Kah Bintang Service Center for inspection, nothing found any prob "said their technician". Lastly I go to petronas station, checking both front tyre pressure at air pump (digital psi unit). Ha ha ha got some differance reading (right 300psi then left 230psi). That why my car always go left side little bit when traveling. So I set back both front tyre to same reading. It is depend of your tyre spec. Dont filled to hard and to soft. Now no need waste money,only make sure your tyre got balance air pressure.
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zam79 wrote:
I also have experience like u before. Tired do so many times balancing & alignment frequently. Send to Kah Bintang Service Center for inspection, nothing found any prob "said their technician". Lastly I go to petronas station, checking both front tyre pressure at air pump (digital psi unit). Ha ha ha got some differance reading (right 300psi then left 230psi). That why my car always go left side little bit when traveling. So I set back both front tyre to same reading. It is depend of your tyre spec. Dont filled to hard and to soft. Now no need waste money,only make sure your tyre got balance air pressure.

very true. but also i wanna add, use a proper device to check ur tyre pressure. also always pump ur air when the weather is damn hot/humid. this will decrease the chance of having moist air in the tyre, resulting in durability and reduction or air loss. do all 4 tyres at one go, dun just inflate those that need.
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with u jamesc, good advice too. Have u ever know some tyre shop have a hydrogen gas filled into tyre. Their said, it will reduce feul usage and tyre become more soft when rebound motion. Also total tyre weight will less from previous. The charged for 4 tyre is arround RM20.
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zam79 wrote:
I agree with u jamesc, good advice too. Have u ever know some tyre shop have a hydrogen gas filled into tyre. Their said, it will reduce feul usage and tyre become more soft when rebound motion. Also total tyre weight will less from previous. The charged for 4 tyre is arround RM20.

correct, but im skeptical to use H2, cos mixed with air there are 16% of O2 in the air we breathe. i believe it will become moist over time.
im using part nitrogen with air.
eh u from rawang? wan meet up? i work in subang2
chkwong

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2? sure boh? It should be nitrogen, the most inert gas.
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
H2? sure boh? It should be nitrogen, the most inert gas.

erm...thats wat i said? right, chan? hehehe
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about ur current status Ultra_freeze? Do you solve the problem? Or you already sold your car and change to a new car? Do like me before, I have tired repair macam2 then lastly sold to kah bintang buy new accent
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I sold my car because same 3 problem like you. Change new tyre, then change new rims also not solve, rotate tyre, rotate rims,pomen said drive shaft maybe bengkok, so I change new drive shaft, then change upper arm,lower arm, change recond power stereng unit, stereng rod, all bushing which support absorber,anti-roll bar,cv joint, tie rod. The problem still not solve. Lastly I also change pomen(mechanic). New mechanic said my engine mounting bush sudah keras and koyak, so I change 4 set new.Done! Still happen. Im so tired and waste money. No point to repair again. Fade up! Car still shacking,vibrating and like flinstone car. Another mechanic said my auto gearbox create the vibrate, need to replace new gearbox. Sure?? Lastly I bring to puspakom to do inspection whole body. The officer talk to me, he found my car on previous owner was damage seriously(horrible excident). The damage area is at front bumper and engine bay with (chasis and mounting all out).
The how used car can cover this issue and lies to new customer?

My advice to all menbers, when you want buy 2nd car at used car, be aware........we dont know the previous owner do to their car before. Hope you are lucky person.
chkwong

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zam79, true also...at times...better to buy new car...less headache...2nd car...need to be real careful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: