Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compare Hyundai Accent with Kia Spectra/Rio Only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
Here are 3 stories about friends who own KIA cars:

1. KIA Spectra is nice car but give alots of QA issues on small small things, Cobra alarm, sport rims etc...

2. KIA Citra (previously called Caren) is a good buy, an old friend own one, the only problem is Caren smaller look compared with Citra, not sure how true is it.

3. NEVER, or try to avoid to buy KIA Ria... this is another version of Proton car.. cheap but problematics.

Thank You Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
chkwong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my office colleague owns a brand new Naza Ria, and everytime we ask him how much each service at the Naza SC, he says RM 1k++. An eye opener indeed. My office colleagues has many types of cars, from BMW to Kancil, mostly brand new. Razz Very Happy So, wat car u want to know more? Ekekeke. Cool
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess many realise that the car is not worth to get. Thats why the demand is not there and the price will still remain. Not like our car which demand is there and its much worth every cents spend on.
slbeh wrote:
The price of Kia Spectra is still RM69K+(Full Package) & RM63K+ (Basic Package)... Sad how come our price of the Accent incease so much..... Shocked

marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong, can ask for test drive without responsibilities/liabilities!!! hahahaha Wink

Will be happy to post all my personal reviews here Wink
chkwong wrote:
One of my office colleague owns a brand new Naza Ria, and everytime we ask him how much each service at the Naza SC, he says RM 1k++. An eye opener indeed. My office colleagues has many types of cars, from BMW to Kancil, mostly brand new. Razz Very Happy So, wat car u want to know more? Ekekeke. Cool

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a new model of Rio just launch last week. The KIA claimed that the model name is JB Rio which is CBU. Selling price is exactly 75k OTR including the road tax and insurans. 1.4c.c engine, ABS with EBD etc. The quality is good. Only one thing i notice at the engine area is most components are stamp with Hyundai and KIA logo. I heard that Hyundai has been taken over in Korea to manufacture lower end vehicle. But in Malaysia has been seperate with Hyundai because NAZA has taken over the dealership.

The new car webpage can be seen at http://www.kia-rio.com/ (but it take times to load. Rolling Eyes
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Korean ex-colleague told me that Hyundai bought over Kia because Kia do not have the market. So KIA is more for cheaper market compared to Hyundai.
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaloh, but how come KIA's car is more than Hyundai's car on Malaysia road. Rolling Eyes Maybe its because Naza is the authorised dealer of KIA. Rolling Eyes But KIA sales price is not too much different with Hyundai.
marky wrote:
My Korean ex-colleague told me that Hyundai bought over Kia because Kia do not have the market. So KIA is more for cheaper market compared to Hyundai.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, you're right. Its about the AP issue. But because its the tax which is high thats why its almost the same price as Hyundai.
KCKS wrote:
Yaloh, but how come KIA's car is more than Hyundai's car on Malaysia road. Rolling Eyes Maybe its because Naza is the authorised dealer of KIA. Rolling Eyes But KIA sales price is not too much different with Hyundai.
marky wrote:

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha.. Laughing The AP created by the government to CBU cars is to protect proton ma. Mad But its price really very few much different with Hyundai. Wink
marky wrote:
yup, you're right. Its about the AP issue. But because its the tax which is high thats why its almost the same price as Hyundai.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyway, can't help it when the nation do not control the car market but the govn.
KCKS wrote:
Hahaha.. Laughing The AP created by the government to CBU cars is to protect proton ma. Mad But its price really very few much different with Hyundai. Wink
marky wrote:

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If im not mistake, their officially mention it during the AP issue recently. If they didnt control it, local cars manufacturer will only eat grass.. Embarassed
marky wrote:
anyway, can't help it when the nation do not control the car market but the govn.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCKS I agree with you...

Anyway, better get back to the topic.
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe.. lost control until out of topic already. Razz

My few friends saw the car at the showroom already. They say its very nice and well built. Marky, have you see the car yet?

marky wrote:
KCKS I agree with you...

marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Will go check it out one of these days.
KCKS wrote:
Hehehe.. lost control until out of topic already. Razz

My few friends saw the car at the showroom already. They say its very nice and well built. Marky, have you see the car yet?

marky wrote:
KCKS I agree with you...

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. I think i also need to go to revisit it again because that day i quite rush to buy some stuffs. No time to see the interior. So Marky, after we check out then we discus it here. OK? Wink
marky wrote:
Nope. Will go check it out one of these days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: