Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compare Hyundai Accent with Kia Spectra/Rio Only
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilson
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Compare Hyundai Accent with Kia Spectra/Rio Only Reply with quote

for my personal view, accent is a very good car in 60k price range, compare to KIA where Hyundai they have a factory in Malaysia and hence the accessories is cheaper.
Now, the top car sales in Malaysia is
1. toyota
2. Hyundai Very Happy
3. Honda
KIA.... dunno rank x ?? Shocked

I guess u won't choose for Protong car if compare to Hyundai since both the price are almost same. Since urs is 1st car, of cuz u must choose a car that can last longer ... so it's worth to choose Accent rather than Protong. Razz
Accent is using gas absorber in rear and front, which is much more stable if compare to Protong (using hydraulic). Acceleration is quite good (i just know manual... auto i not sure) as i can simply overrun other cars in road... and it's steady even in high speed. And, the car body is using high quality material to build, unlike Protong, if langgar.. sure kemek. Evil or Very Mad
For my case, the FC is consider good (average rm0.09 - 0.11) in city and rm0.07 in highway. Just follow 1 theory, don't ever press the oil pedal tooo hard suddenly... it's good to press it start from soft and slowly applying pressure on it. Wink
Service and maintenance quality... no need to say lar.... how to compare with Protong ?? good and expert service are provided..
Well, u might see a lot of problems regarding Accent in this forum, but pls keep in mind that most of the problems are occured in the early batch of Accent, now it's consider come to 4th or 5th batchs, so overall should be no major problem. Twisted Evil

If u reli wanna order Accent, i suggest u go for HQ at Jln Ipoh. Don't go to such dealer or branches... as i had terrible experience on it ... Evil or Very Mad

if u order an Auto, should be get it within 2 weeks, but if manual.. mayb 1 month.

Don't get the U-cool and semi leather, as U-cool is very cheap and useless, go for V-cool, u will feel the different..
For semi leather, DON'T get it, i heard from the dealer that their semi leather is very cheap quality... it's better u get it from outside..

So as conclusion, Accent is a nice car for 60k price range... as i heard next year the Accent (not onli accent, is all cars) price won't drop... but mayb will increase somemore to keep promoting our Protong car mar..

PS : did u know that , Accent is the best selling car in worldwide for 1.5-1.6cc car ? I read it from internet as well as newspaper.
________
Honda dn-01

Last edited by wilson on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilson wrote:
for my personal view, accent is a very good car in 60k price range, compare to KIA where Hyundai they have a factory in Malaysia and hence the accessories is cheaper.
Now, the top car sales in Malaysia is
1. toyota
2. Hyundai Very Happy
3. Honda
KIA.... dunno rank x ?? Shocked

I guess u won't choose for Protong car if compare to Hyundai since both the price are almost same. Since urs is 1st car, of cuz u must choose a car that can last longer ... so it's worth to choose Accent rather than Protong. Razz
Accent is using gas absorber in rear and front, which is much more stable if compare to Protong (using hydraulic). Acceleration is quite good (i just know manual... auto i not sure) as i can simply overrun other cars in road... and it's steady even in high speed. And, the car body is using high quality material to build, unlike Protong, if langgar.. sure kemek. Evil or Very Mad
For my case, the FC is consider good (average rm0.09 - 0.11) in city and rm0.07 in highway. Just follow 1 theory, don't ever press the oil pedal tooo hard suddenly... it's good to press it start from soft and slowly applying pressure on it. Wink
Service and maintenance quality... no need to say lar.... how to compare with Protong ?? good and expert service are provided..
Well, u might see a lot of problems regarding Accent in this forum, but pls keep in mind that most of the problems are occured in the early batch of Accent, now it's consider come to 4th or 5th batchs, so overall should be no major problem. Twisted Evil

If u reli wanna order Accent, i suggest u go for HQ at Jln Ipoh. Don't go to such dealer or branches... as i had terrible experience on it ... Evil or Very Mad

if u order an Auto, should be get it within 2 weeks, but if manual.. mayb 1 month.

Don't get the U-cool and semi leather, as U-cool is very cheap and useless, go for V-cool, u will feel the different..
For semi leather, DON'T get it, i heard from the dealer that their semi leather is very cheap quality... it's better u get it from outside..

So as conclusion, Accent is a nice car for 60k price range... as i heard next year the Accent (not onli accent, is all cars) price won't drop... but mayb will increase somemore to keep promoting our Protong car mar..

PS : did u know that , Accent is the best selling car in worldwide for 1.5-1.6cc car ? I read it from internet as well as newspaper.

yes, wilson are right
if u only consider the 1.5cc to 1.6cc range entry level sedan
then Hyundai Accent is value of money Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
soulkipper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree with wilson. Btw if u live somewhere near pj, U may as well go to Kah Bintang Jln 223. The services provided there is good and recommended (Based on my experience mee )
tkj

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI all,

I see that a few of you here are ex-Waja owners. To me, Waja definitely win hands down when it comes to cabin space compared to Accent. However, I was told by the SA that Accentís cabin space is comparable to Vios and Wira. Is that true? But when I sit on the back seat of Accent, I do feel itís a bit cramped, even though I donít normally push my driverís seat way to the back. Pls share your experience / comments on this. Well, trying to make myself happy lah hereÖsince Iím always looking for Accent cars on the road (since booking mine) and each time I see one (actually still donít see a lot on the road) I feel the passenger area looks a bit small loh.

Another thing, I didnít actually get to try out the leather seat and see how it blends in with the interior. Hope itís nice and gives it a touch of class.

Cheers,
TKJ
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still a lot of my friend interested about the Waja......maybe because of the price.....my friend just bought one and never notice our Accent is around that price last year Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
augustineaf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
still a lot of my friend interested about the Waja......maybe because of the price.....my friend just bought one and never notice our Accent is around that price last year Confused

my friend also the some! he did not calculate the interest rates that he was charge at! he only look at the cc and the car selling price! Now he is paying more money every month for his waja than me! everytime i go out with him, he will look at my car and tell me "damn!!!!, why didn't i buy hyundai accent" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normal lar...ppl who don't think of the future will suffer later.
Augustine,ask your friend to sell the WAJA and buy Accent Wink

My friend also buy Kia Spectra 1.6. Now regret cause drink petrol like water. But only complain from his side about our car is, its a bit 'small'. Told him big and comfy seats!!! hehehehe.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Normal lar...ppl who don't think of the future will suffer later.
Augustine,ask your friend to sell the WAJA and buy Accent Wink

My friend also buy Kia Spectra 1.6. Now regret cause drink petrol like water. But only complain from his side about our car is, its a bit 'small'. Told him big and comfy seats!!! hehehehe.

I think when ppl buy the cars such as Waja & Spectra mainly because of the LOOKS...... Confused

Last edited by slbeh on Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
augustineaf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
Majority of first time car buyer buy car because of looks, cheap but don't know got quality or not. That's why still got lots of 1st time car buyer get Proton. After they drive and own Proton for couple of months, then they curse this and that and swear will never buy another low quality product. That's when all these Korean makes save them and save their life.

WELL YOU CANNOT BLAME ALL THE FIRST TIME CAR BUYERS for buying malaysian cars.!!! Rolling Eyes
our government wants us to support malaysian products--mah!!!
that is why the TAX is high for foreign cars!!!!
Most ppl like me hate TAX!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
my first car was a perodua kancil, a malaysian made car, i bought it coz' i needed the car for transportation, protection from rain, all the basic needs for the use of a car. As a starter, malaysian car looks good for a few years until you have more money to buy a better car like accent Cool Cool
but that was long time ago, now the car market is so competitive, the price for a malaysian car and a foreign car is just about RM2000 to RM3000 difference, therefore ppl nowadays have to look and be more demanding and do more research (test drive and etc) before buying a car , thanks to AFTA. if not, you get screwwed!!!! Shocked Shocked
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price of Kia Spectra is still RM69K+(Full Package) & RM63K+ (Basic Package)... Sad how come our price of the Accent incease so much..... Shocked
haze
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
The price of Kia Spectra is still RM69K+(Full Package) & RM63K+ (Basic Package)... Sad how come our price of the Accent incease so much..... Shocked

what i heard is kia spectra novus(full Accessories) = RM 75,000. Shocked
neihc
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kia Spectra Novus model is RM78K, Basic model is RM63'629.
calvinh
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked the Kahbintang website. The price for Accent Auto w luxury package is also RM75k. I was interested in Accent but now with price increase, I might just look at other options. Plus Spectra comes with ABS and EBD.

haze wrote:
slbeh wrote:

what i heard is kia spectra novus(full Accessories) = RM 75,000. Shocked
soulkipper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://myaccentclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23&start=60 I found some plus point with our accent against sentra.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soulkipper wrote:
http://myaccentclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23&start=60 I found some plus point with our accent against sentra.

Well done.. Wink soulkipper
that why I always say...ppl overlook ure Accent... Embarassed Crying or Very sad
until they got one..then they only realize the good sides of our Accent
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: