Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rear suspension very soft. Any idea or solution?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Frequently Ask Questions for New Accent Owners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DannyK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
DannyK, from your comments, you prefer hard setup. Perhaps, there are shops tat can re-spring your suspension using your existing absorber. Just tell them, I want 10% more kg/cm rate something like that. It will be harder, but still uses your ori abs. Autochild can do this. Look for Bren, tell him you want your suspension to be like City, but still as comfort as the Accent ori.

I want 99.99% like City, can? Dancing
Die-hard Hyundai fans gonna be hating me for this. Hehehe... Anxious
DannyK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zam79 wrote:
Last week I called SC kah bintang jln Ipoh mention about my rear abs matter. One technical guy told me that my rear abs is oil type (Mando Brands). He ask me to brings my car for inspection and he suspect my abs rubber bushing sudah koyak. Kena tukar baru. That why you rasa lembut sangat.

Just called SC at PJ Jln 223, they said after dismantling the suspension and conducting a thorough inspection, found nothing wrong, bushing also OK. So, I guess it's the prob of the abs + springs combo, i.e. ENGINEERING FLAW. Evil or Very Mad
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, nothing wrong with bushing. No point used coil spring buffer as bro ropai mention. If you install this buffer, your car will change from sampan to become like horse ride. Dont touch the spring first. Most car manufacture did't told what brand of their stock spring thier using coz not so much important in suspension. Spring only 20% & absorber 80% on suspension funtional

When Im driving my car on bouncy road and speed humps, I feel like shake & jiggle . Very terrible in my life
DannyK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zam79, coil spring buffer is less than RM200 per set including installation, don't U think that it's worth taking a gamble at it? I think the answer to making our Accent more comfortable is by making the suspension stiffer, and based on what I've read, the spring buffer can do just that, yet not as stiff as a coilover.
DannyK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ropai wrote:
there's no way to know for sure until you try it, because the manufacturers will discourage inter-model swap like this due to legal and profit reasons.

i think you should have a try first DannyK, be our white mice?
Very Happy maybe just the rear first?

ropai, I just looked at Ultra Racing (the famous manufacturer of strut/anti-roll bars) website. Kia Rio 1.4 and Hyundai Accent/Verna 1.6, all the bars for each of them have the SAME product ID code!
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dannyk, simply teory i give to you. Lets the spring play enough rate,distance clearance,reflected on it duty. Do not put something to avoid ,cover,protect,rubber,sillicon, or block these spring. It will get worst result. Another case for stiffer the spring is to compress it. Kedai tayar memang suka buat kat customer. Spring function is to hanging the vehicle only. Absorber is to stabilize the car and absorb stamp & recover rebound action. Now I want abs for accent MC model which is stiffer(gas filled) than stock (Mando)
DannyK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally home... Sick

Went to KB SC at PJ Jln 223 to collect my car at noon. The work they've done:
-Apply grease to suspension components. Confused
-Shift the exhaust pipe slightly away from the body to reduce contact (see the other topic I've created: "Attention 2008 Accent MC owners!!!"), though I dunno how they did it.
-Sand down and repaint the rear spoiler (becos some 'bubbles' appeared).

All at zero cost. Semua claim warranty. Thumbs up to them, esp Sam Chong (Branch Manager) and Yap (SC) Applause

The ride seems to feel A BIT better now, no funny sounds for now (touch wood Silenced ).

Also went to Speedworks showroom nearby, enquired about the Hotbits coilover for Hyundai Verna. No stock. They quoted me RM2,400, discount RM400. Cum, zam79, we organise group buy, can ask for bigger discount. Dancing

After that, went to Old Klang Road and got my ride a set of 15" quite lightweight made-in-Taiwan sport rims with Michelin PP2 195/55/15 tyres. Overall cost me RM1.4k+ after trade-in my stock rims and 185/65/14 Michelin XM1s. Cool

Any difference? The ride is definitely more solid now, steering a bit heavier, and the car is more 'road-huggy'. No regrets for not going for 205/45/16. That would be real heavy for my tastes. d'oh!

But the soft rear feeling is still there, though just slightly restrained by the lower profile tyres.

The tyre shop boss actually strongly recommended me to get the spring buffers. He showed me his own car, a Toyota Camry, I think U guys know lar, Toyotas have soft suspension too. He's installed the spring buffers, but only at the rear. He ask me to try my new tyres+rims first, later cum back look for him if still not happy with the ride. Put at rear already good enuff he said. Rolling Eyes
chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyK, got big bonus ker? Change so many things at once. Hehe.
DannyK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira OK-lar, slightly better than average, lor. Laughing
But I ain't gonna spend all my bonus, lar. Times like this, better have a bit cash in reserves. Rolling Eyes

chkwong, U din answer my earlier posts, wor. Evil or Very Mad
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wah Dannyk ..... Big smile nampak.... kasi show la your car picture including rear spoiler and exhaust pipe rectification works & new bling-bling sportrims to us.

About hotbits coilovers, you go ahead first. Later I follow-up with you.
DannyK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zam79 wrote:
Wah Dannyk ..... Big smile nampak.... kasi show la your car picture including rear spoiler and exhaust pipe rectification works & new bling-bling sportrims to us.

About hotbits coilovers, you go ahead first. Later I follow-up with you.

zam79, we buy in numbers, can get bigger discount, mar. Razz

Rear spoiler = It's just a normal stock spoiler. Nothing to see now, wor. It's already repainted. I should've taken a photo of the 'bubbles' to show to U guys. Sorry, ar. Anxious

Exhaust pipe = How to take photo oh? KBSC told me that it's just a very minor shift, I bet U can't see the difference with your eyes. Just can see whether it's still so hot in the rear bonnet. Eh?

Sport rims = Will upload to my Friendster profile soon. Cool

Now a bit gatal wanna lower my ride...name card of a Kakimotor sales rep is stuck at my office keyboard now...reminding myself of Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs...Eibach...Eibach... Drool
At my home PC keyboard pulak got Speedworks card, reminding myself of Hotbits coilovers...Hotbits...Hotbits... Twisted Evil

My credit card bill pulak reminding me of $$$ going lesser...$$$ going lesser... Brick wall
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he he he, same like me.

My future planning:-

DannyK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zam79, why all (except the glove box+armrest) bling-bling but no practical stuff...waste $$$ saje...ade $$$ pun get the suspension tweaked 1st, mar... Rolling Eyes
DannyK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have oledi made a decision! Very Happy

After reading thru so many reviews and comments from the various forums, I've made a decision to get what is supposedly best for my current budget - Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs! Twisted Evil
Just paid a deposit for it, will get it fitted probably by this Saturday at Hup Shun Sunway. Anyone wanna join me? Dancing

Wish me good luck... Angel
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caya la u bro.... how much the actual price tat spring? Don't forget bring camera and take some picture before and after installation. If this way can solve ur prob of soft suspension, i will be the next person after you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Frequently Ask Questions for New Accent Owners All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: