Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rear suspension very soft. Any idea or solution?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Frequently Ask Questions for New Accent Owners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, the MC model (new model like yours DannyK) is better than the old one. Mine is the old model LC.
DannyK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sifu-sifu all, can advise a bit? Cool

Is it true that as long as 2 cars have the same wheelbase, same chassis, they can use the same absorbers? Do U guys think that I should try replacing my rear abs with the ori Kia Rio rear abs? Ayam worried that it will turn out to be the same... Crying or Very sad
DannyK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found about about this thingy called "coil spring buffer". Comments and advice, pls. Very Happy

http://cart.zhapalang.com.my/product_info.php?cPath=24_295&products_id=429
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week I called SC kah bintang jln Ipoh mention about my rear abs matter. One technical guy told me that my rear abs is oil type (Mando Brands). He ask me to brings my car for inspection and he suspect my abs rubber bushing sudah koyak. Kena tukar baru. That why you rasa lembut sangat.
DannyK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zam79, me juz went to KB Jln 223 PJ, the service guy took my car for a spin, but found 'nothing wrong'. He said what he can do is just to tighten up all the nuts and bolts. I told him, KB Jln Ipoh and Osaga Puchong already did that, still the same (got sounds). So, he said have to dismantle suspension for inspection. And ayam going there now to leave my car there. Hope can settle it once and for all. Rolling Eyes
DannyK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but zam79, takkan semua Accent 1.6 also same problem? I lebih rasa it's an engineering flaw... Embarassed

Btw, how cum no Accent owner thought of us gang up together and complain to Kah Bintang? When many owners are complaining, maybe we could get a better replacement abs leh...
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea about this. Why so complicated to find replacement abs for our accent? So many spare part shop I go also call, the tauke said to me....Haiyaaaa kereta hyundai ka? saya tak ada simpan punya. mau order ooo......

At SC pula, only get OEM stock.
Dannyk, how about kia rio abs? Maybe you thinking 10 times before install to your car.
ropai

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyK wrote:
Sifu-sifu all, can advise a bit? Cool

Is it true that as long as 2 cars have the same wheelbase, same chassis, they can use the same absorbers? Do U guys think that I should try replacing my rear abs with the ori Kia Rio rear abs? Ayam worried that it will turn out to be the same... Crying or Very sad

i'm not "abs"-olutely sure about this, but have a read:

- http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t32659-eibach.htm
- http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t31386-lowring-springs.htm

there's no way to know for sure until you try it, because the manufacturers will discourage inter-model swap like this due to legal and profit reasons.

i think you should have a try first DannyK, be our white mice?
Very Happy maybe just the rear first?

Last edited by ropai on Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
ropai

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyK wrote:
Found about about this thingy called "coil spring buffer". Comments and advice, pls. Very Happy

http://cart.zhapalang.com.my/product_info.php?cPath=24_295&products_id=429

i've tried this, not good. too bumpy at the back of my LC.

probably will work with your MC? remember, the key to ride comfort is in the absorbers...

p/s: Peugeot does not let other companies build their absorbers. It's made in-house at Peugeot factory in France, while other manufacturers outsource to suppliers. Think about that for a second, and think about how comfortable a Peugeot is...
DannyK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zam79 wrote:
I have no idea about this. Why so complicated to find replacement abs for our accent? So many spare part shop I go also call, the tauke said to me....Haiyaaaa kereta hyundai ka? saya tak ada simpan punya. mau order ooo......

At SC pula, only get OEM stock.
Dannyk, how about kia rio abs? Maybe you thinking 10 times before install to your car.

Just bought the latest Hypertune issue last nite, saw the GAB advert, they have a 'sporty yet very comfy' type abs for Kia Rio...dunno Rio >2005 or Rio <2005 la...wanna try? Twisted Evil
DannyK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ropai wrote:
i've tried this, not good. too bumpy at the back of my LC.

probably will work with your MC? remember, the key to ride comfort is in the absorbers...

ropai, have U drive/sit in a previous gen City/Jazz? How would you describe the ride? Soft? Hard? Bumpy? Bouncy?
Actually I like the suspension feeling of the previous gen City. Absorbs road imperfections very well. But some feel that it's too bumpy. Wish to make my Accent ride feel like that.

chkwong, U have both City and Accent LC 1.5, and U've tested Accent MC 1.6 too. Could U gimme your analysis of the suspension of them? Very Happy
chkwong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

City = bumpy, firm, suspension travel short
Accent = comfort on the soft side

Accent MC = slightly hard compared to Accent LC, I'd prefer this one.

Peugeot, yes, driven one before, old model 405, nice. Conti feel.

DannyK, from your comments, you prefer hard setup. Perhaps, there are shops tat can re-spring your suspension using your existing absorber. Just tell them, I want 10% more kg/cm rate something like that. It will be harder, but still uses your ori abs. Autochild can do this. Look for Bren, tell him you want your suspension to be like City, but still as comfort as the Accent ori.

http://www.autochild.com/
chkwong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What tyre size u r using? This can also affect ur suspension. Last time, my parents complained of sampan boat on my car, then changed to 195/55/15 no more complains.
DannyK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, perhaps coilovers are good for me? Twisted Evil

chkwong, I think U analysed it correctly, the Accent MC's suspension is like, the suspension travel too long, and the absorbers too soft; making the car almost 'bottom out' if U drive over speed humps at >20km/h.

I thought 'bottoming out' is one of the signs of worn/faulty absorbers? Why are U asking me to mod/change the springs? Shocked
Or are U asking me to go Eibach Pro-Kit? Twisted Evil
DannyK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
What tyre size u r using? This can also affect ur suspension. Last time, my parents complained of sampan boat on my car, then changed to 195/55/15 no more complains.

U changed from xxx/xx/xx to 195/55/15?

Me still on 185/65/14, but Michelin XM1. Cool

Planning to change to 195/55/15 soon. Now trying to work out how much RM is needed to tune my ride to my taste first. Need to work within my tiny budget. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Frequently Ask Questions for New Accent Owners All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: