Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speakers, Tweeter, Amplifier etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speakers, I would suggest other brands from (Pioneer,Kenwood) Sony is ok.
Try to get a component spakers and also the price is around RM300 to RM600 depending on the brand.
chinhai8 wrote:
Guys,mind to share what speaker you all changing....and the pricing to me??Bcos i want to do some comparisons....hope you all also give me some guide on it......

KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You first have test and hear the speaker sound when you want to buy it. Normally i will ask the accessories guy to try the speakers, then i will compare it then only consider which one to buy.
Other than that, you have to consider your audio system rating, whether you are using only player or you are using amp. For normal cd players, the output power will be around 45W to 50W, so its suitable to choose speaker with around 75W rating to suit it. If the speaker rating is smaller than the radio output, it will easily get burn. If the speaker rating is very much higher than the radio output, we cannot hear the music power.
For the audio speaker, i will prefer choosing mid-end type cost its not too expensive than the branded one (But except for the headunit). Sometimes, their sound is better than the branded one. Component speaker is very popular in the market, it given the passive crossover to filter the correct frequency to each speaker such as Tweeter, mid-range and woofer. But one disadvantages is some frequency of music is missing due to the supression coil in the passive filter. Its better to directly connect one mid-bass speaker and 1 tweeter to the audio system to have the full range of sounds. If you got more $$, add a electronic crossover, two power ampliers (one for high-pass channel and one for low-pass channel), 2 pair of tweeter, 2 pair of mid-bass, one pair of woofer(10" and above). Then you can really enjoy the realistic of music in the car. Wink
marky wrote:
Speakers, I would suggest other brands from (Pioneer,Kenwood) Sony is ok.
Try to get a component spakers and also the price is around RM300 to RM600 depending on the brand.
GHOST
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for basics can alwayz start 1st to invest in a good headunit & components for the front. And i do mean "good one's" as i've kinda regret it now after installing my Pioneer 4750. After that when there's more budget can add a 4 or 5 channel amplifier to power up the components & also a subwoofer at the rear boot. The stock rear speakers can be remove as it wont really provide good SQ placement. Or if u want better SQ wif a lil more budget then can opt for a monoblock to pump up the subwoofer individually instead.... Cool
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. You are right. Start at the headunit first. It is advise to change to a better one to avoid regret later. Then speakers and later amplifier, next woofer.......
GHOST wrote:
Well for basics can alwayz start 1st to invest in a good headunit & components for the front. And i do mean "good one's" as i've kinda regret it now after installing my Pioneer 4750. After that when there's more budget can add a 4 or 5 channel amplifier to power up the components & also a subwoofer at the rear boot. The stock rear speakers can be remove as it wont really provide good SQ placement. Or if u want better SQ wif a lil more budget then can opt for a monoblock to pump up the subwoofer individually instead.... Cool
GHOST
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCKS wat ICE have u done on ur accent so far??
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far i only DIY changing the headunit. The original headunit is Pioneer CD player. So i just swap and change the Kenwood MP3 player with my Iswara. Kenwood's sound more better than the Pioneer, Pioneer music will distord if play it loud. Others still remained same coz the speaker is suffucient to handle the music power unless i add in the amplifier. Wink SO, how about you?
GHOST wrote:
KCKS wat ICE have u done on ur accent so far??
GHOST
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine ah, just a basic setup. Headunit change to Pioneer 4750 from the original VDO. Front using a set of 6.5 components powered by a 4 channel amp and a 12" woofer on a custom sealed box at the rear bridged from the same amp. A SoundStream setup all round Twisted Evil
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wha.. What a Soundstream fan.. Very Happy My one only Kenwood KDC-9023R cost around RM1.8k which i swap the Pioneer CD player with my Iswara, later plan to change all the stereo speakers and transfer my MTX crossover, 4 channel digital amp(for stereo), 2 Channel digital amp(for woofer) and my 21" woofer from my Iswara. Twisted Evil I might need to reconstruct and custom the 21" woofer box in my accent. Twisted Evil But have to wait until the warranty expired. Crying or Very sad
How much did u pay for your system? Mind to share?
GHOST wrote:
Mine ah, just a basic setup. Headunit change to Pioneer 4750 from the original VDO. Front using a set of 6.5 components powered by a 4 channel amp and a 12" woofer on a custom sealed box at the rear bridged from the same amp. A SoundStream setup all round Twisted Evil
GHOST
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolah not a SoundStream fan. Not enough $$$ to buy other brands only. My system only costs me bout $4500. Why u wanna wait for ur car's warranty?? Just install it only la even my car is still under warranty also. Btw ur woofer box is a vented or sealed??
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ic.. My system already cost me around RM10. I only purchase each component one by one every few months, but not once la Shocked
I prefer to wait for the warranty to expired coz i know that KB will later won't allow me to claimed anything related to electrical system (wiring, bettery, alternator and etc.) if i installed the sound system now.
For the speaker above 12", its recommended to used vented box coz the speaker cone need airflow for freeplay, if not Shocked Shocked the speaker cone will crack.
Btw, i had ever tried to built up many types of speaker box. Vented box have some diffences with sealed box. Wink Its depend to indivisual need.

GHOST wrote:
Nolah not a SoundStream fan. Not enough $$$ to buy other brands only. My system only costs me bout $4500. Why u wanna wait for ur car's warranty?? Just install it only la even my car is still under warranty also. Btw ur woofer box is a vented or sealed??
GHOST
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCKS wrote:
Ic.. My system already cost me around RM10. I only purchase each component one by one every few months, but not once la Shocked
I prefer to wait for the warranty to expired coz i know that KB will later won't allow me to claimed anything related to electrical system (wiring, bettery, alternator and etc.) if i installed the sound system now.
For the speaker above 12", its recommended to used vented box coz the speaker cone need airflow for freeplay, if not Shocked Shocked the speaker cone will crack.
Btw, i had ever tried to built up many types of speaker box. Vented box have some diffences with sealed box. Wink Its depend to indivisual need.

GHOST wrote:

U sure it's RM10??? If above 12" using vented box then all u can hear in the car is only bass not vocals and that will totally be hard to bare wif.
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup sure. For two digital amps already cost more than RM5k, MTX LSX-01 electronic crossover already cost RM 1.8k then etc. I bought it from my distributor.
Normally, the woofer is only designed to produce only bass without mid-range. The bass normally will distord the mid-range if we play it in a same speaker.
The low frequency signal is filter by the crossover to the amplifier then to woofer. For the remaining high pass frequency (Treble and midrange) is also filter out by the crossover to the stereo amplifier to the tweeter and mid-bass speakers. So the crossover plays most important row to seperate the correct frequency to specific speaker as below

High pass - Treble - Tweeter (1/2" to 2")
High pass - Midrange - Mid-Bass (3" to 6 1/2")
Low pass - Bass - Woofer (8" and above)

Its impossible for the twweter to produce bass and the woofer to produce treble. The midbass is purposely to produce vocal sound with light bass. Wink So far as i experimented, the vented box is the best boom box for the woofer to produce wide range of rich bass. Wink

GHOST wrote:
U sure it's RM10??? If above 12" using vented box then all u can hear in the car is only bass not vocals and that will totally be hard to bare wif.
azman_yaacob
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: MTX Speakers Reply with quote

Ada sesiapa yang pernah guna MTX Speaker

saya berminat dengan MTX speaker, kalau ada sesiapa yang telah guna MTX speaker sila beri pendapat

TQ Rolling Eyes

Pivot Voltage stabilizer in combination with supplementary earth (4/2006)
HPIS Optiminiser (4/2006)
Denso Iridium Spark Plug (5/2006)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SinEater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am considering changing my ICE system, just wanna know roughly what are the common parts I have to change. Is the 2006 RX-S5 model stock speakers and CD player same as the 2005 and 2004 Accents models?

After a little asking around, this is what I can summarise to change:
1) Front Speakers (2 no.)
2) Back Speakers (2 no.)
3) Subwoofer (1 or 2 , still not decided)
4) Amp (Is 1 no. enuff?)
5) Crossover (1 no.)
6) CD player <------ dunno should I change onot, my original is the Pioneer player.

You expert advise is much appreciated... I still quite blur on some of the stuff. ohhh... I did asked a friend, who knows some car audio distributor. He quote that to change the whole car audio system to Rockford Fosgate cost about RM 3000++... is that considered cheap onot?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the new 2006 car come with new CD Player where you can turn the volume button (round shape).

old one still using button to turn the volume up n down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: