Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pioneer Radio/CD Player
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ycsteven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: i changed to pioneer Reply with quote

i just trade-in my VDO player with Pioneer.it is sound very much different in term of sound..in term of quality..don know yet..coz jz use for two days..bt..the front panel look much cool..and nice..then the VDO.... Smile
kingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: i changed to pioneer Reply with quote

ycsteven wrote:
i just trade-in my VDO player with Pioneer.it is sound very much different in term of sound..in term of quality..don know yet..coz jz use for two days..bt..the front panel look much cool..and nice..then the VDO.... Smile

May i know how much was your trade in value for the old VDO unit? and where did u trade in?

My car just reach 4500Km.. so far no water leaking into fog light or boot or via anthena or anywhere else in the car and it has been raining cats and dogs lately. Sorry to hear about all these water leaking problems you guys experience...
ycsteven

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: trade-in Reply with quote

i trad-in my one week old VDO player at RM150,and i bought Pioneer 1650B(i think so,can't remember the model) at RM355,so i have to top up 205 plus 20 for the labour of changing.from i c,20 for the labour not expensive,coz they need to take out the whole central panel part then only can change the player.. Embarassed and i changed it at Brother's Accessories shop at Kajang,the boss very nice..
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: trade-in Reply with quote

Hey Steven,
I was thinking of getting that same model too. Your's is with the deep blue light display right? How are the features/bass/tremble etc?

ycsteven wrote:
i trad-in my one week old VDO player at RM150,and i bought Pioneer 1650B(i think so,can't remember the model) at RM355,so i have to top up 205 plus 20 for the labour of changing.from i c,20 for the labour not expensive,coz they need to take out the whole central panel part then only can change the player.. Embarassed and i changed it at Brother's Accessories shop at Kajang,the boss very nice..

ycsteven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marky,
The sound is good enough for me, especially the bass..the treble also not bad, the equalizer you can customize by yourself, so u can adjust as your favarout taste of sound.bt only one thing i don't really like is the deep blue backlight,sometime quite hard to c the numbers under the daylight,at night very colour is cool. Laughing
wilson
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the right bass speaker is damage... i think the diagfrag oredi bocor... now when listen to heavy bass songs... the sound "puf.. puf... puf" will appeared.....
just 2 months nia..... oredi plan to go change the VDO player to Pioneer as well as changing to 3-way speaker (treble, bass, xxx )
________
Home made vaporizer

Last edited by wilson on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wilson,
Its the same as mine. Few months already, rear speaker spoiled. Better enjoy the warranty claim until 25K.
Mine already 30K and my left speaker torn lio. Tried to claim warranty, they don't allow it anymore. So I'm gonna change to a better speaker brand!!!

Enjoy the warranty while you can. When can't only change.

3 way = Bass, Mid Range & Tweeter. My suggestion, back speaker, get the Bass with mid-range. Front have Mid-range with tweeter lio.
ycsteven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Hi Wilson,
Its the same as mine. Few months already, rear speaker spoiled. Better enjoy the warranty claim until 25K.
Mine already 30K and my left speaker torn lio. Tried to claim warranty, they don't allow it anymore. So I'm gonna change to a better speaker brand!!!

Enjoy the warranty while you can. When can't only change.

3 way = Bass, Mid Range & Tweeter. My suggestion, back speaker, get the Bass with mid-range. Front have Mid-range with tweeter lio.

Marky,
I don't know still can claim the warranty or not if i changed the player alrady...hope can...coz the other day i asked the SC guys..they also din said can't claim..jz told me the speaker it's jz a small speaker..so maybe can't stand for too big watts player..my pioneer is 4x50w..the VDO is only 4x35w rite??well..will try to claim if the speaker koyak..bt..wat is the brand that your batch using..is it the same as mine..my one is Audiovox..according the accesorry guy told me this is quite a good brand wo.. Question Question
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven,
My speaker is also AudioVox. But AudioVox which is installed in our Accent is actually 'local made' which means low quality paper. Those good speakers normally a bit more expensive.

You can still try to claim as long as its below 25K km.
ycsteven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Steven,
My speaker is also AudioVox. But AudioVox which is installed in our Accent is actually 'local made' which means low quality paper. Those good speakers normally a bit more expensive.

thanks marky, will fully utilize the warranty, won't change the speaker till the speaker void.do u know bout the powerman performance kit?will it void out engine warranty if i install the device and made the engine some problems ar?
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks Reply with quote

Steven,
About that powerman, I have no idea on it actually, but I've check out their website. Will drop by their show room since its near my office unless they have move/change address. Hope they have some test cars over there.

Better to wait for warranty to be over before making modification to your car. If any happen, you can shoot those installers big time.

But from my 'minor' modifications I did for my Iswara, its best to mod on the air-box for lower air resistant. Since our car is Injection, nothing much can be done unless you want to change the internal parts of the car (piston etc)

ycsteven wrote:
marky wrote:
Steven,

thanks marky, will fully utilize the warranty, won't change the speaker till the speaker void.do u know bout the powerman performance kit?will it void out engine warranty if i install the device and made the engine some problems ar?

ycsteven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky,
I agree with that, i think will modify the car after the warranty..thanks Very Happy
edmond1978
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after reading thru the threads here i foudn that most of your accent in malaysia have this head unit fault... well as for singapore accent we seldom have this fault as they issue us with a pioneer head unit... so if thats the case of manufacturer fault do fully utilise your warranty.. go back to your service center and bang table at them and insist them to change a new set for you
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edmund,
Thanks for share your advice with us. That is what we're doing over here...but they will waste time by 'getting the parts soon'. But we're pushing hard with them already....heheheheh
ycsteven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a musician.. i can't survive without a player for a long long time..
so i sold my vdo fast fast..with some value..then change to pioneer..hope i made right move..haha Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: