Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VDO Radio/CD Player (2nd Batch)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thinking to change the tyres after the Penang trip.....I only realize our goodyears tyres is pretty loud noise.......affect the sound of CD player Embarassed anyone can recommend?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
tkj

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh wrote:
thinking to change the tyres after the Penang trip.....I only realize our goodyears tyres is pretty loud noise.......affect the sound of CD player Embarassed anyone can recommend?

Where do you stay? If you're in Klang Valley area, Jln Kapar or Jln Meru in Klang is still the best place for a good bargain for tyres and rims. I traded in my 2 week old tyres and rims for RM650 and top up RM750 for a pair of Hankook Ventus 195/50/15 (RSP RM135 per pc) and KR rims (Taiwanese - RM1350 RSP). Was a bit anxious about the Korean tyres at first but I'm satisfied with it so far. No problem at all going over puddles.

The shop I went to is Jooi Seng at Jln Batu Belah (near to Jln Meru/Jln Kapar also). I've heard there's another shop in Jln Meru which is well recommended (a corner shop near to a t-junction with traffic light). I've also heard about a shop in Sunway that's quite reasonable, but still Klang is the best.

You can check out the Tyres & Rims thread in Autoworld. Lotsa recommendations there.

Cheers,
TKJ
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slbeh,
I'm working in Klang, and its true, Klang is a heaven for Tyres and Rims.

My recommendation, either go for Michelin or Dunlop Le Mans (RM$168) Imported from Japan. This at the moment can be found in Senawang. I can give you the directions to it.

Heard it was good with the simple tyre test done on it.
Ernesto
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About my Accent's VDO:

- Play CD-R, can only hear the bass, no treble (maybe coz the sources were from my 192kbps Mp3s, converted to Cda)
- Play pirated CD, slightly better than CD-R. Can hear the treble
- Play original CD, OK
neihc
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www2.vdo.com/vdo/end_consumer/ec_product_and_fza=_and_ID=580.aspx
Our Cd player
ycsteven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for your guys info, according the SC guy at Jln Ipoh told me they going to bring in new set of our accent fog lamp(better one)...so keep monitoring your fog lamp..if got 'fish'..in the tank..then ask them change for you.. Embarassed
odeon
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know which CD-player may allow external audio input source? I got one PDA with MP3 playing capability and thinking of pluggin the out source into my accent car audio system...
dagg3r

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a player that has aux, then as the accessory shop people to pull a line out from the back of the player to the front... mount it nicely somewhere and then you can plug your player to it. Wink Nice

1) HPIS EMS 400
2) Grounding
3) pivot Volt Stablelizer
4) Micro Processor & super magnetic
Hyundai Accent 1.5 GLS AT April 2004
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
accentric
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would seem like our VDO player is kinda .. erm.. BAD.

I have no skipping tracks so far, using ori/pirated/burned CDs alike. Only complain is there seem to be some faint beeping sound every now and then when u play a CD. It goes away after I turn it off and the turn it back on again. Any of you guys have the same problem ?

The accessory shop I went to wouldn't trade in for it la... I had to change my original rear speakers to a set of blaupunkts for VERY IMPROVED sound.
HighCurrent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accentric,

What's the brand for your original speakers? Just wanna check, mine is audiovox by the way. Currently i'm okay with my speakers/player. Just lacking of tweeter at front side. That would be easy to fix.

Just curious, did you switch ON the 'loudness' button on your VDO? I was so furious when i picked up the car due to lousiness of the sound system, but once i turn the button on, it became excellent. i think 35W should be reasonably good enough.
rajswyf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the sound better with 35W player just add in a small power amp witha small subwoofer...all kau tim

Quote:
Accentric,

What's the brand for your original speakers? Just wanna check, mine is audiovox by the way. Currently i'm okay with my speakers/player. Just lacking of tweeter at front side. That would be easy to fix.

Just curious, did you switch ON the 'loudness' button on your VDO? I was so furious when i picked up the car due to lousiness of the sound system, but once i turn the button on, it became excellent. i think 35W should be reasonably good enough.

marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap HU is only 35W. The newer models are actually 45W or 50W. Best to get the 50W so that the sound quality is much better. Pioneer is good brand for sound.
chkwong

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be confused by the power rating, of how many Ws.

Generally, the higher the W (Watt), the better the sound quality. But you also hv to check out the S/N (signal-to-noise) ratio, the higher the better, meaning, 118 dB is better than 98 db. Cleaner, less background noise. Also, check the TDH (total harmonic distortion), usually expressed in %, meaning 0.002% is better than 0.1%. Meaning, the sound will be cleaner when lotsa of music. Also, look for stereo channel separation rating...ok ok...i talk a bit too much on electronics engineering. Just get the value for money Pioneer, they are damn good value for money. Oh, don't forget to match with a quality speakers.

State ur preference, what kind of music u usually listen. Then the shop (good ones) can recommend the best speaker for ur budget. Usually, good for the neutral ones, don't be too heavy on bass or treble, a good HU can be adjusted for rock, pop, jazz, classical, etc etc. Match this with a good neutral (not too bass or treble sound one). Put in some good insulation material.

Rule of thumb, cheap things no good, good things no cheap. Quite true most of the time.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong, good sharing. I guess you'll be the sifu for Audio. Ok or not??? Very Happy
chkwong wrote:
Don't be confused by the power rating, of how many Ws.

Generally, the higher the W (Watt), the better the sound quality. But you also hv to check out the S/N (signal-to-noise) ratio, the higher the better, meaning, 118 dB is better than 98 db. Cleaner, less background noise. Also, check the TDH (total harmonic distortion), usually expressed in %, meaning 0.002% is better than 0.1%. Meaning, the sound will be cleaner when lotsa of music. Also, look for stereo channel separation rating...ok ok...i talk a bit too much on electronics engineering. Just get the value for money Pioneer, they are damn good value for money. Oh, don't forget to match with a quality speakers.

State ur preference, what kind of music u usually listen. Then the shop (good ones) can recommend the best speaker for ur budget. Usually, good for the neutral ones, don't be too heavy on bass or treble, a good HU can be adjusted for rock, pop, jazz, classical, etc etc. Match this with a good neutral (not too bass or treble sound one). Put in some good insulation material.

Rule of thumb, cheap things no good, good things no cheap. Quite true most of the time.

chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leh, I know a bit bit know.

I got a hi-fi setup at my hse, therefore know a bit bit lor. If you want the best value for music reproduction, best to go for neutral HU and speaker setup, they sound the best to me. Those bassy one, IMHO, sound bassy only, boom boom.

Have you ever wonder why classical music sound so natural? Go to a symphonic orchestra, and listen to one, then compare to a live pop concert, and you can hear the difference.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: