Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VDO Radio/CD Player (2nd Batch)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilson
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ur new player is VDO ? my new batch accent also facing problems where always skip track when press oil pedal.
Asked Mr.Yap (incharge of this player) he also said CD problem , not the player.... Shocked ask me buy better quality CD... Evil or Very Mad
The CDs that i burn are totally no problem in my friends' car.. Evil or Very Mad
soulkipper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is vdo allrite. But so far i didnt experience the skip track thing yet. How's ur radio reception? good eh?
wilson
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soulkipper wrote:
mine is vdo allrite. But so far i didnt experience the skip track thing yet. How's ur radio reception? good eh?

Radio Reception is kinda good so far.. i even can receive the radio even i inside the car park level in my office buliding.. Very Happy maybe i just travel around KL city area.. should be strong signals..
Wat antenna urs is ? my is the latest short one (like sonata)
Wat kind of cds u are playing ? original or pirated one Question ? no skip track ? so good.. Wink
Gilthoniel
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

original/burn/pirated/every kind... all also skip once in awhile when i go over bumps... but that's not the main problem... the biggest problem is it's very noisy while reading my CDs. so there's the whirrr whirrr sound accompanying my music

mine's the old autonet...

foglamps... mine's always getting water inside of it. condensation everytime i wash my car
soulkipper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilson wrote:
soulkipper wrote:

Radio Reception is kinda good so far.. i even can receive the radio even i inside the car park level in my office buliding.. Very Happy maybe i just travel around KL city area.. should be strong signals..
Wat antenna urs is ? my is the latest short one (like sonata)
Wat kind of cds u are playing ? original or pirated one Question ? no skip track ? so good.. Wink

My antenna is the short one too.. So far I've listening to Michael Buble cd. Original maa.. never tried the pirated / burn yet. Should get couple of those cd and see if the skip track thing occur.
wilson
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soulkipper,
once u try the pirated / burned cd u inform me the result... i check from internet that VDO is one of the cheapest brand in car audio manufacturer Shocked
thought KB will look for a better quality supplier since they increase the car sales price... damn disappointed.. mayb will go change for pioneer player... Twisted Evil
soulkipper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree with you. This is one of the cheapest player. huhu. Well better replace this player with other and have it installed in my kelisa Razz
soulkipper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought pirated cd at sungai wang yesterday. So far the skip track incident did not occur to my player. Lucky I guess Smile
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Recurrent Foglight, Radio problem Reply with quote

Gilthoniel wrote:
Hey guys,

was just wondering, those of you who had their foglamps changed, did they change it to the new ones? Coz i looked at the new batch of accents and their foglamps are different from mine...

anyway the point is, I've changed my foglamps like 4 times!!! and still they are giving me the same old crap and the water still leaks into them! so i'm wondering how can i ask them to change to the new one? I'm from seremban and the SC manager told me he can't ask them for the new one coz my old car = use old model of foglamp... wat's the logic in that?? He asked me to go to jln ipoh SC but where can i find the time la...

my radio... well they changed for me last time for the switching on while engine off problem... but now the new radio is making alot of whirring noise when spinning my CDs... never happened before. And the SC told me it's my CD not the radio... so can't change... that doesn't make sense coz my CDs play fine over any other radio...

mmm any suggestions on wat i can do?

Gilthoniel,
I have changed the foglamps 4 times already, just like u.....and the current one is ok (do not know whether the water still leaks into them or not since there is no heavy rain yet)
advise u call Miss Norehan tel:03-62592888 ext:285 to complaint or send to Kah Bintang thru their web-site.... www.kahbintang.com Evil or Very Mad

so far so good for my CD player after they have changed the external panel for me but the metal vibration sound (do not know how to descride it) maybe come out inside the glove box or centre console (come out after the audio guy taken out the centre console) still there.................... Embarassed
advise u call Mr Yap again and insist asking for replacement of the new CD player, i.e from autonet to VOD type.... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilson wrote:
ur new player is VDO ? my new batch accent also facing problems where always skip track when press oil pedal.
Asked Mr.Yap (incharge of this player) he also said CD problem , not the player.... Shocked ask me buy better quality CD... Evil or Very Mad
The CDs that i burn are totally no problem in my friends' car.. Evil or Very Mad

wilson, try the original CD then see what's result Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
wilson
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh, soulkipper,

I bought a better quality cd-r (Verbatim Gold) and burn the songs, tested in my car and it's running smoothly... Shocked
So i guess is because the cd-r quality i used causing the cd skip...
I guess is because good quality cd are more heavier an thicker and hence when the audio magnetic suck the cd up to play, it's more stable (IT View)

ps : so far the cd-r i tested and run ok is
Imation, Verbatim Gold, Sony(sure ok)
Gilthoniel
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use only sony CD-Rs...

my original CDs, imported ones too... also skip.... and it's damn noisy while reading my CDs...

dun have the time to go up to KL... very busy with my studies

anyway when i find the time, i'm going to raise some hell in the SC here in sban
TewKY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: mine new accent also got water inside my foglamp Reply with quote

ycsteven wrote:
my new accent also got water inside my foglamp..and even the headlight..i will make the complaint...to the SA and the headoffice directly..i even got water leaking into my boot..anyone experience on this?i changed my VDO player to Pioneer today..the sound..very big different..and hey guys..the technician..found two antenna cable inside the car..and those who have the reception problem on the radio..probably they hooked on the wrong cable..i really a bit dissapointed this kind of quality of the car.. Twisted Evil

Water leak into boot area? Do you mean spare tyre area? If it is, then maybe water came in from antenna? mine experience b4 after change to short antenna.

Got two antenna? maybe your is 2nd or 3rd batch version and the assembly guy too lazy to pull out the ORIGINAL long type antenna. Evil or Very Mad
neihc
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lazy go to to sc already! Last day the speaker(front side) bocor. now still wait for Sc call me! Already 2 week! i think the VDO palayer sound is like that! Cheaper..cheaper!
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: mine new accent also got water inside my foglamp Reply with quote

TewKY wrote:
Water leak into boot area? Do you mean spare tyre area? If it is, then maybe water came in from antenna? mine experience b4 after change to short antenna.

Got two antenna? maybe your is 2nd or 3rd batch version and the **** guy too lazy to pull out the ORIGINAL long type antenna. Evil or Very Mad

Tewky,
how much they charge ur to change the short antenna ? Is ur problem of the water leak into boot area have been solved ? Is it the fixed short antenna ? Worth it or not to change to short antenna ? Question
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: