Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nyek nyek sound...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DannyK

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Nyek nyek sound... Reply with quote

Izit normal for a new car to have some 'nyek, nyek' sound coming from the suspensions when going across speed bumps? Confused
chkwong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Describe a bit more. Perhaps, because the sound insulation is so well now that you hear all kinds of small sounds.
DannyK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I go across speed bumps at a slightly-faster-than-slow speed, heard a 'nyek' (I think it's more like 'krekkk') sound from the front-right suspension. Shocked
And when I go across a speed bump slightly sideways (imagine turning left from a junction into the main road and the speed bump is just right there, so your rear wheels got onto the hump at different times), similar sound from the left-rear suspension. Shocked

Hope that it can be got rid off during the 1st service... Crying or Very sad
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is due to your spring is not properly seated on it's place.

what you can do is to jackup your car and then let it down. it will solve the case.
DannyK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noname wrote:
is due to your spring is not properly seated on it's place.

what you can do is to jackup your car and then let it down. it will solve the case.

2 weeks ago when I get my car's tyres changed, it's already been lifted off the ground once. The sound has been there, and still there, before and after the tyre change. Sad
chkwong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like once you life the car up, the tyre shop didn't check properly before they jack down the car.
DannyK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will go to the tyre shop tomolo to have it fixed.
Based on what U guys said, I presume it's quite a simple fix, most probably a F.O.C procedure that doesn't necessitate a visit to a KB SC, am I rite? Smile

May I emphasise again that that sound has been there even before the tyre change?
So, it's actually KB's fault, rite? Question
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just make sure the spring is properly seated on it place. the mechanic should know what to do when you explained to them.
DannyK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't get the 'kreak' sound to happen when I visit the tyre shop, small/low speed hump won't got that sound. And even flying across the hump also cannot make it sound. It just onli will sound when going across relatively high speed (correction:HEIGHT) humps at an almost sideways angle. Weird... Shocked

Last edited by DannyK on Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
chkwong

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, flying across the hump?!

DannyK, post updates on ur ride!
DannyK

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
Wow, flying across the hump?!

DannyK, post updates on ur ride!

What I meant was, the tyre shop guy even tried to drive quite fast across mid-height speed humps and yet couldn't get that 'kreaak' sound to happen. What to do? All speed humps nearby that tyre shop are the mid-height type. Confused

But the moment I get back to my place, where all the humps are quite high, I managed to get that 'kreaak' sound from the rear-left when I drive across a hump at an almost sideways angle (left side go up 1st). Applause

Sucks... Evil or Very Mad

My Accent will also produce the 'kreaak' sound from the front-right when the front-right wheel goes into a pothole or across a manhole cover but the front-left wheel does not. Crying or Very sad
DannyK

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more 'kreeak' sound, fixed during the 1st service. It happens to be caused by the bushing or something like that, solved by applying grease to it. Very Happy
DannyK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That damn sound is back... Evil or Very Mad

Ayam suspecting that it's the sound of tyres touching the fender, as I felt that the suspension/absorber or whatever U call 'em is set too soft, that I really swayed around when going across high speed humps at a slightly sideways angle. d'oh!

Really wished to get rid of this once and for all... Crying or Very sad
ropai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyK, try this:

1) Fill up the car with large sized / heavy passengers. In other words, overload the car.
2) Drive over some bumpy roads, i recommend the highway from Puchong South LDP straight towards Nilai/KLIA with radio off.
3) Observe the creaking or 'nyek nyek' sound.

I have the same problem from my rear-left, just figured out how to reproduce it this way. Havent got time to go SC yet. The source might be different from yours though, as you have torsion beam rear suspension.
DannyK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ropai, here's how I can get the sounds:

Front
When meeting those steep and big speed humps, on initial contact i.e. just as the front wheels begin to climb the hump AND on dropping back on the flat road i.e. just as the front wheels left the hump.
The sound is like a short 'kre-ak'. Embarassed

Rear
1)Imagine U are in a T-junction, U are turning left to exit into the main road, and there's a big speed hump waiting there. So, the left of your car will go up the hump first, right? The sound is a long 'kree--aak' just as the rear-left wheel climb the hump. Brick wall
2)When driving across those drains that our beloved JKR people will leave behind after they korek the road to lay pipes, wires etc. Same 'kree--aak' sound as (1) above, just that it's shorter. Mad

I think ayam gonna record those sounds using the video recording function of my phone, and show it to KBSC people. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: