Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PLEASE CHECK YOU HEADLAMP!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeeBuck
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: PLEASE CHECK YOU HEADLAMP!!! Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Hi Everyone,

This place is to post any technical defect found on your Accent which happens many many times after fixing it.

I just got a call from my friend Luke (got to know him at SC Jln 222). PLEASE CHECK YOU HEADLAMP!!!

Our Headlamps Chrome plating is having bubles/circle/peeling off!!!
My poor poor car kena already.

To find the defect, look downwards from the top. It is normally located at the top triangular part which is between the signal light and headlamp!! You have to look really closely and it must be clean. Look out for something circular/or peeling off around that area. Better to see it under a hot sunny day.

Fast Fast Check It!!!

I have the same problem with my headlamps. My Accent is only 7 months old and the bubbles have formed on both headlamps.

Marky, did you managed to get the SC to replace the lights?

And the central locking mechanism is truly the worst! It is noisy and is faulty again for the second time in 3 months, the first time it cannot unlock the doors then got it fixed by SC during after CNY. Today morning, the same problem happened again , now tonight even worse, the all doors cannot lock!
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: TECHNICAL FLAW/MANUFECTURING DEFECT!!! Reply with quote

I'm going to Jln Ipoh SC somewhere in this month to get it changed. It just got worse! More cracks. Just have to keep changing your lamps until you get a good one.

For the central lock, demand them to change a new unit cause it broke down many times and you're entitle to demand for it.
SeeBuck wrote:

I have the same problem with my headlamps. My Accent is only 7 months old and the bubbles have formed on both headlamps.

Marky, did you managed to get the SC to replace the lights?

And the central locking mechanism is truly the worst! It is noisy and is faulty again for the second time in 3 months, the first time it cannot unlock the doors then got it fixed by SC during after CNY. Today morning, the same problem happened again , now tonight even worse, the all doors cannot lock!

slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
Hi Everyone,

This place is to post any technical defect found on your Accent which happens many many times after fixing it.

I just got a call from my friend Luke (got to know him at SC Jln 222). PLEASE CHECK YOU HEADLAMP!!!

My poor poor car kena already.

To find the defect, look downwards from the top. It is normally located at the top triangular part which is between the signal light and headlamp!! You have to look really closely and it must be clean. Look out for something circular/or peeling off around that area. Better to see it under a hot sunny day.

Fast Fast Check It!!!

Dear all member,
PLEASE CHECK YOU HEADLAMP!!!
marky have mentioned about this issue (on TECHNICAL FLAW/MANUFECTURING DEFECT!!!, but I can not move the message here) last time but we all did not concern about it.......
when I went to Jln Ipoh SC just now, one of the member here (registered but never post the message) pointed out this issue and shown the headlamps' Chrome plating which is having bubles/circle/peeling off for my car to me Crying or Very sad
I think most of us did not notice it so PLEASE CHECK YOU HEADLAMP NOW!!!
According to him, the new version/batch of the Headlamps are better quality so I will go to Jln Ipoh to claim for it tommorrow Evil or Very Mad
If u did not notice the bubles/circle/peeling off with ur Headlamps Chrome plating, u shall ask the SC guy to check for u when u are free or sending ur car for service
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
chkwong

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked already, no bubble, but looking from the pic, it's doesn't look like bubble to me, but more like mold marks of the screw driver, but even it is it sure looks like substandard QC to me. See KB is going back to it's Honda days.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
Checked already, no bubble, but looking from the pic, it's doesn't look like bubble to me, but more like mold marks of the screw driver, but even it is it sure looks like substandard QC to me. See KB is going back to it's Honda days.

Yes, my one also look more like mold marks of the screw driver, but the guy who told me about this, has mentioned that after the mold marks/bubles/circle/peeling off with ur Headlamps Chrome plating, then ur headlamps will crack later, so better we shall take it seriously Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I've told you all before, best to take note of any changes on your car during own car wash. Washing your own car will make you realise any changes on your car and appriciate it more.
chkwong

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had been washing my car since day 1. How to let others wash my car? Sayang ler. Smile
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then good lor, Just like me, I wash my own car also so I know where are the dents,chips etc.
chkwong wrote:
I had been washing my car since day 1. How to let others wash my car? Sayang ler. Smile

chkwong

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately, my Accent not so nice anymore. Those bugger in car park don't know how to open door slowly one. Not got lots of door marks, but no dents. Happy that the panel is strong, but not happy when see those marks. Grrrrr.
chinhai8

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just notice it got quite a number of chips and minor scatch on my car when i waxing it last wednesday Crying or Very sad !!Mostly cause by the small stone and sand on the road when driving..and for the head lamp.....i have the same problem.......can i still claim from kb because my milleage already 26k??
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong, same with me lar. Thats normal lor nowdays, people just do not care of other cars. But give a good excuse to repaint the car to the colour we want!!! hahahaha...
chkwong wrote:
Lately, my Accent not so nice anymore. Those bugger in car park don't know how to open door slowly one. Not got lots of door marks, but no dents. Happy that the panel is strong, but not happy when see those marks. Grrrrr.

marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinhai8, the head lamp is a known problem by KB. You can still claim it from KB SC. Just go to Jln Ipoh SC cause their Warranty Dept. is located there. Look for Mahdi, he is able to help you. Btw, slbeh, is he still working there? Any idea?
chinhai8 wrote:
Just notice it got quite a number of chips and minor scatch on my car when i waxing it last wednesday Crying or Very sad !!Mostly cause by the small stone and sand on the road when driving..and for the head lamp.....i have the same problem.......can i still claim from kb because my milleage already 26k??

slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have requested the Kam Thong Auto Autorised SC to claim the new headlamp for me because of the headlamps' Chrome plating which is having bubles/circle/peeling off already
According to Mak, the headlamps' Chrome plating which is having bubles/circle/peeling off mainly because of our hot weather Sad
chinhai8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had been claim for the headlamp for second time already!!The pair of headlamp have arrive.And i am going to change it in this few day. Very Happy
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I don't wish to sound Kiasu but park your car front side outwards from your porch so that there will be sunlight on your headlamp. You might get a new head lamp which will not give you any problems at all, or it might peel off which you can claim again. Just a bit of sharing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Exterior & Interior All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: