Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

others catalysts can replace accent's catalysts convertor?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cantona7
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks James for your reply. Can you recommend any good and reasonable workshops that u know? Is it necessary to fit in the performance chip to eliminate the check light or jus leave it on. If I leave the light on and later if there any problem with the car how would I know if there is a problem?
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cantona7 wrote:
Thanks James for your reply. Can you recommend any good and reasonable workshops that u know? Is it necessary to fit in the performance chip to eliminate the check light or jus leave it on. If I leave the light on and later if there any problem with the car how would I know if there is a problem?

i can recommend in puchong and also kota damansara. not too pricy but just affordable. the check light dun need to be bothered, its just to tell u if there is clean air going out of ur exhaust or not. for my case, i just took out the bulb. been driving with my new exhaust system since got rid of cat convt for about a year and a half now. no probs with anything, just that the electric sensor fuel gauge will be less accurate(the one telling u how many kms can u do with the amount of petrol). but u can always rely to the actual analog fuel gauge. call me for a meet up then i can tell u more things about ur car. digi sixty seven three, 44ten

JamesC © HACM Windscreen Sticker® ™
sean76
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been reading previous posts about this matter but it still bugs me.

engine light lit up since last raya. @ that time was in JB. Brought to Kah Bintang JB and when they hooked the car up to the computer, they told me the problem was Catalytic Inefficiency aka cat. converter problem. Fixing gonna cost a bomb.

Been living with the engine light on for the last few months. But damn my FC is high. Half tank gone in 2 days (not been travelling tht far). Filled up yesterday afternoon. Tonite fill up again.

Is the cat. converter inefficiency increasing my FC. How do i fix it. FC is burning a hole in my pocket, right thru my boxers..

Help
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean76 wrote:
i've been reading previous posts about this matter but it still bugs me.

engine light lit up since last raya. @ that time was in JB. Brought to Kah Bintang JB and when they hooked the car up to the computer, they told me the problem was Catalytic Inefficiency aka cat. converter problem. Fixing gonna cost a bomb.

Been living with the engine light on for the last few months. But damn my FC is high. Half tank gone in 2 days (not been travelling tht far). Filled up yesterday afternoon. Tonite fill up again.

Is the cat. converter inefficiency increasing my FC. How do i fix it. FC is burning a hole in my pocket, right thru my boxers..

Help

well, either remove ur cat or change new one. once done - do a ecu reflash/reformat.

JamesC © HACM Windscreen Sticker® ™
sean76
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks james,

can u recommend a place? KB?

estimated cost?

thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Engine & Electrical All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: