Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

others catalysts can replace accent's catalysts convertor?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Engine & Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kamloon3382
General Member


Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 37
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now I knew....that was nothing to do with my engine...all I need to do is to do a perfomance chip at my car so that the check light won't pop up right?
but I don understood is was u meant that the car more powerfull and breathe easily if I got cat convertor or with 4-2-1 exhaust pipe??
and I m so curios with ur job la....what r u doing oh....always saw u wrote u travelling everywhere??own business....?
_________________
I m Hyundai Accent 1.5l user!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
clkwa
Junior Member


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 433
Location: Cheras

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamloon3382 wrote:
now I knew....that was nothing to do with my engine...all I need to do is to do a perfomance chip at my car so that the check light won't pop up right?
but I don understood is was u meant that the car more powerfull and breathe easily if I got cat convertor or with 4-2-1 exhaust pipe??
and I m so curios with ur job la....what r u doing oh....always saw u wrote u travelling everywhere??own business....?



what i mean is that the engine release more power dude to less restriction. the Cat converter is more restrictive. that is y when 4-2-1 extractor or 4-1 extractor makes ur car slightly more powerful.

i am an application engineer. I travel outstation alot. especially penang.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
kamloon3382
General Member


Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 37
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oic...so that meant ur accent already been modified alot yeah??
another things i wanna ask u is...what if i don wanna do the perfomance chip and let the check light pop up...will anything will happen??
so...do u think 4-1 is better or 4-2-1 ?????
_________________
I m Hyundai Accent 1.5l user!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
clkwa
Junior Member


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 433
Location: Cheras

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamloon3382 wrote:
oic...so that meant ur accent already been modified alot yeah??
another things i wanna ask u is...what if i don wanna do the perfomance chip and let the check light pop up...will anything will happen??
so...do u think 4-1 is better or 4-2-1 ?????



I heard its ok to have that check light up, i had it up for a year plus 2. than i had the performance chip to eliminate it. hyundai car are sensitive. its best to have it. while if long time other sensor might be effected. in long term. but better be safe. else u pay more for the sensors to get replace.

depends, 4-1 is more suitable for manual and the power should be better towards high rpm. while 4-2-1 is for low and middle power. i am not very sure how 4-1 and 4-2-1 difference. i will also try to find out. cheers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
kamloon3382
General Member


Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 37
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can I know what the functions of the perfomance chip?and do u felt it more save fuel?
_________________
I m Hyundai Accent 1.5l user!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
clkwa
Junior Member


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 433
Location: Cheras

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamloon3382 wrote:
can I know what the functions of the perfomance chip?and do u felt it more save fuel?



It doesnt save u fuel. Its just a chip to eleminate the check light if you modify ur Cat converter. that will trigger the check light. that's all
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
kamloon3382
General Member


Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 37
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oic...ok thanks....but I wanna know...how do u feel after u change into 4-1?how much u spend to buy the 4-1?that meat now ur car don have catalytic convertor right?
and is it u just tell the hyundai service centre that u wanna doing the perfomance chip?
_________________
I m Hyundai Accent 1.5l user!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
clkwa
Junior Member


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 433
Location: Cheras

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamloon3382 wrote:
oic...ok thanks....but I wanna know...how do u feel after u change into 4-1?how much u spend to buy the 4-1?that meat now ur car don have catalytic convertor right?
and is it u just tell the hyundai service centre that u wanna doing the perfomance chip?


How i feel... hm... dont know how to explain. you can try my car and see if we got the chance to meet. the 4-1 i bought is from hotbits, is 200+ forgot the exact price. my car dont hv cat convertor for 2 yrs.

ya. go tell the ppl there that u change to extractor, need to do performance chip. that should do the job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
kamloon3382
General Member


Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 37
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can I know if I m doing the ECU tuning...does it also will including the perfomance chip?because I have modified the 4-1 so..I wanna do both...due to informations told me that ECU tuning can make my car more power and also more save fuels!and now the check light still light on after I modifed the extractor!thanks.....can anyone tell me where can I done this all cheapest cost??
_________________
I m Hyundai Accent 1.5l user!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
clkwa
Junior Member


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 433
Location: Cheras

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamloon3382 wrote:
can I know if I m doing the ECU tuning...does it also will including the perfomance chip?because I have modified the 4-1 so..I wanna do both...due to informations told me that ECU tuning can make my car more power and also more save fuels!and now the check light still light on after I modifed the extractor!thanks.....can anyone tell me where can I done this all cheapest cost??


Bro, you dont get it yet. the so call performance chip is to make ur engine check light gone. does not give u performance. Just a name. Ecu tuning is different thing. it does not include the performance chip. Cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
kamloon3382
General Member


Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 37
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now I understood.....so...I need to use how much to settle this both ah?must b costly?
_________________
I m Hyundai Accent 1.5l user!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
clkwa
Junior Member


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 433
Location: Cheras

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamloon3382 wrote:
now I understood.....so...I need to use how much to settle this both ah?must b costly?


if u got for autosyn tuning it cost u 999, just reflash of your original ECU. you can go for Unichip for 2000+ for a piggy back ecu, that sits on top of your existing ECU. Or if you prefer to have other brand of standalone ecu you can go for microtech or haltech and etc. that will cost 4000+.

Hopes this helps
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
kamloon3382
General Member


Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 37
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!!!
that was really costly.....how can we pay rm4000 just for ECU??
better use back the original ECU!! right??what do u think???can i know ur opinions?
_________________
I m Hyundai Accent 1.5l user!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
cantona7
General Member


Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Posts: 4
Location: PJ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Catalytic converter Reply with quote

Hi there..I would appreciate it if you guys can comment on this. I have been having this check light on for about a year now and according to the service centre,my catalytic converter is spoilt and need to be replaced costing about 3k to 4k. According to them then about a year ago, i can still drive in this condition for the time being which is frm last year. So far my car is ok but I want to remove the catalytic converter and I was quoted by a workshop abt RM380 to remove and replace with the normal exhaust system. Is the price reasonable?Should i wait until i am unable to drive then only remove the converter? Is it necessary to replace the converter with a extractor?

Thank u in advance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
jamesc
Elite Member


Joined: 27 Nov 2005
Posts: 1138
Location: Klang Valley, KL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Catalytic converter Reply with quote

cantona7 wrote:
Hi there..I would appreciate it if you guys can comment on this. I have been having this check light on for about a year now and according to the service centre,my catalytic converter is spoilt and need to be replaced costing about 3k to 4k. According to them then about a year ago, i can still drive in this condition for the time being which is frm last year. So far my car is ok but I want to remove the catalytic converter and I was quoted by a workshop abt RM380 to remove and replace with the normal exhaust system. Is the price reasonable?Should i wait until i am unable to drive then only remove the converter? Is it necessary to replace the converter with a extractor?

Thank u in advance.


hey hey eric cantona...yes just throw ur cat converter and get a exhaust package. rm380 is way way high if the shop u quoted from is just doing ur downpipe till midbox. rm380 is usually almost the whole piping...lemme know if u are having prob with which shop to go...
_________________


JamesC © HACM Windscreen Sticker® ™
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Engine & Electrical All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group