Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

others catalysts can replace accent's catalysts convertor?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamloon3382
General Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: others catalysts can replace accent's catalysts convertor? Reply with quote

can I know....is there a way for me to modified and replace other type of catalysts convertor to my accent? coz the accent's catalysts convertor was TOO COSTLY.
so mind to tell ne how can I modified it? coz it so difficult due to it's was near with the engine and it was together with the ekzos pipe ! thanks...
clkwa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: others catalysts can replace accent's catalysts converto Reply with quote

kamloon3382 wrote:
can I know....is there a way for me to modified and replace other type of catalysts convertor to my accent? coz the accent's catalysts convertor was TOO COSTLY.
so mind to tell ne how can I modified it? coz it so difficult due to it's was near with the engine and it was together with the ekzos pipe ! thanks...

you can modify the cat converter to extractor, and add a performance chip to stop it from giving you the check light.

extractor is less than 300, so does the performance chip is around 200-300. extractor will make ur car slightly more powerful but, sure FC will go up abit depends on ur driving. while the performance chip can do at kah bintang jln ipoh. it will prevent your car from having the check light.

this is the way, but not environmental friendly. Smile
kamloon3382
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks....but can I knw what the meaning of FC? and what meant by not friendly environment ?
can I know where can do it also? due to im a ipoh guy....
kamloon3382
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually I been found many foreman....but they said hard to modify it due to the accent's catalysts convertor was too near to the engine coz they usually only modify which under the engine 1....and some said that they scare after modify it.....they check light will light up....so....I also dunno....pls give me some good advice....thanks...
clkwa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamloon3382 wrote:
actually I been found many foreman....but they said hard to modify it due to the accent's catalysts convertor was too near to the engine coz they usually only modify which under the engine 1....and some said that they scare after modify it.....they check light will light up....so....I also dunno....pls give me some good advice....thanks...

FC means fuel consumption. Cat converter is to reduce harmful gas, so that the pollution is less. U can do it in kl, if the ppl in ipoh dare not do. what i can suggest is that make a trip here to kl, i can bring you to the HQ, where u can resolved the problem. or i can help u get the extractor, the brand is hotbits, but u still have to come to kl to get the performance chip done at kah bintang jln ipoh, which is HQ. you can reach me at 012 201 6078.
kamloon3382
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but i really wanna know....if really the catalysts convertor spoiled...why my car more save fuel then normal???
are u a foreman???so....if i go to kl....u will help me repair it???
kamloon3382
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah.... can i know... if i ask them buy a extractor brand "hotbits" and ask them to fix it for me can ah??
and then i tell the Ipoh's Kah bintang customer service to do the perfomance chip can ar??
can i know how was the perfomance chip is???
kamloon3382
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can I know what will happen if I just remove d catalyst convertor?will anything will b happen?
kamloon3382
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or if I remove the catalyst convertor will the engine power will decrease and fuel comsumptions will b higher?and in the future removing it will giving me a bad effect?and how can I remove it if it won't harm my engine?thanks......
kamloon3382
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello..can I know...whether can I remove the catalyst convertor and then replace with the 4-2-1 ekzose pipe?and how am I gonna do it....does anyone can teach me?because I scare that if I replace with 4-2-1 ekzose pipe...the check light will light up.....so can anyone who experienced it before can give me so advices....thanks.....
chinhai8

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think u can listen to clkwa because he totally modify his accent already....so if u want to modify anythings,he can give u advice.

cheers,
chinhai8
kamloon3382
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clkwa.......
can I have some advices from u?can I remove d catalyst convertor and then I modify 4-2-1 ekzose pipe to my accent? and then or u have others way...that I need not to untill kl to make it...?thanks...
clkwa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamloon3382 wrote:
clkwa.......
can I have some advices from u?can I remove d catalyst convertor and then I modify 4-2-1 ekzose pipe to my accent? and then or u have others way...that I need not to untill kl to make it...?thanks...

hi guys, sorry the late replies, was busy lately and just travel to US.

for your Q, you can do that but i am not sure in perak got any Kah bintang service center have that performance chip, but in kl, JLN Ipoh, they have qualify staff to perform that job, so its not so risky. by modding 4-2-1 exhaust it will free you some power and of course fuel consumption will be slightly higher.
kamloon3382
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so that meant i can remove the catalysts convertor and replace by the 4-2-1 exhaust pipe??and it wont harm my engine right?
because as i knew..... 4-2-1 exhaust pipe can make my car engine more powerfull and can also save a bit FC.....and i would like to know...if i do like what i said...in a long terms....will it have side effect on my car if i remove the catalysts convertor?
i really your experience advise....thanks......
clkwa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamloon3382 wrote:
so that meant i can remove the catalysts convertor and replace by the 4-2-1 exhaust pipe??and it wont harm my engine right?
because as i knew..... 4-2-1 exhaust pipe can make my car engine more powerfull and can also save a bit FC.....and i would like to know...if i do like what i said...in a long terms....will it have side effect on my car if i remove the catalysts convertor?
i really your experience advise....thanks......

It wont harm ur engine, just the environment. Cat converter is to reduce harmful gas from engine to the environment. it will have more power as ur car breath easily. I am using4-1 as i am driving manual. once u did that u need the performance chip to eliminate the engine checklight. that's all. no worry. If u want to know more i can drop by on the 20th June for a drink, as i am traveling from Penang back to KL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Engine & Electrical All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: