Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compare Hyundai Accent with Honda City Only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GHOST
General Member


Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 88
Location: Seremban / Singapore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh yes, the city wif it's 7 speed mode. But the gearbox is not a CVT though, it's a multimatic. That's why it's so smooth, hardly could feel the gear change. In terms of speed i believe the city will be much more faster due to the engine technologies & also it's 7 speed multimatic transmission. As the gear ration will be closer & lighter hence giving it more torque all round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KCKS
Elite Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 1671

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had seen the new Honda City OTR, seems nicer that the previous 2003 model.

Honestly, my brother is owning the 2003 city. I had ever test drive it in the highway. The engine cut-off is around 4,800 rpm and the cut-off speed is around 150km/h (very hard to go further). The 7 gear CVT is really damn smooth gear changing and i could hardly feel it except i sudden floor the pedal when in constant speed of 80km/h. Laughing

If compare both City and Accent, City FC is definately better (better engine technology)and more powerful when climbing hills (tested in Cameron Highlands). If come to maximum speed racing, Accent is definately better coz it can easily achieve 160km/h in highway (because Accent engine is 12V while City engine is 8V). Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rivaldo
Junior Member


Joined: 14 Oct 2005
Posts: 127

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAH, according to KCKS.... Finally or maybe i can beat my Uncle's City in Highway. Laughing

U guys will know, when CNY comes. Balik kampung must race with City, kena saman also must WIN. haha. Cool

ACCENT THE BEST !!!

City, really a smooth car...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
noname
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 1548
Location: Petaling Jaya

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rivaldo wrote:
YEAH, according to KCKS.... Finally or maybe i can beat my Uncle's City in Highway. Laughing

U guys will know, when CNY comes. Balik kampung must race with City, kena saman also must WIN. haha. Cool

ACCENT THE BEST !!!

City, really a smooth car...


just an advise. just get home safely will do. avoid any unnecessary accident lor (touch-wood). Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
rivaldo
Junior Member


Joined: 14 Oct 2005
Posts: 127

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, come on. Just kidding only, when i get my Accent, i think i will drive like turtle. U guys know lar, New Car ma. Sure sayang gao gao. Embarassed

Somore, my driving style is consider slow. Cannot even dare to race. Wink

Yup, for those who got balik kampung next week, Drive Slow Slow oh.

BIAR LAHAN ASALKAN SELAMAT!!!!!!!!! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
GHOST
General Member


Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 88
Location: Seremban / Singapore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCKS wrote:
I had seen the new Honda City OTR, seems nicer that the previous 2003 model.

Honestly, my brother is owning the 2003 city. I had ever test drive it in the highway. The engine cut-off is around 4,800 rpm and the cut-off speed is around 150km/h (very hard to go further). The 7 gear CVT is really damn smooth gear changing and i could hardly feel it except i sudden floor the pedal when in constant speed of 80km/h. Laughing

If compare both City and Accent, City FC is definately better (better engine technology)and more powerful when climbing hills (tested in Cameron Highlands). If come to maximum speed racing, Accent is definately better coz it can easily achieve 160km/h in highway (because Accent engine is 12V while City engine is 8V). Wink


U sure the cut off is 4800rpm?? Then why the city that i drove could hit right through it?? Now what's wrong between both city's??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chkwong
Senior Member


Joined: 24 Jun 2004
Posts: 882
Location: Bandar Kinrara, Puchong

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The City VTEC is rpm limited to 6.5k. I did hit tat few times before.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KCKS
Elite Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 1671

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I and my brother tested the City i-DSI which only can hit maximum of 4,800 rpm and maximum speed of around 150km/h. The i-DSI engine is only 8 valves while the VTEC engine is 16 valves. So the manufacturer need to lock the ECU to certain rpm to avoid the engine damage due to over spin.
You can also test every engine during idel by just leaving the gear to Neutral and slowly floor the pedal to deepest and you can noticed the cut off point of the preset ECU. Wink

So far for accent i haven't test it yet la, but i believe the cut-off point should be nearly 5,500 rpm. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
marky
Club Founder


Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Posts: 2418
Location: Subang Jaya

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Accent cut off is 5,000rpm. Will be test driving the 2 Honda models soon. Hope to have a clear road to speed!! hahahaha.
KCKS wrote:
I and my brother tested the City i-DSI which only can hit maximum of 4,800 rpm and maximum speed of around 150km/h. The i-DSI engine is only 8 valves while the VTEC engine is 16 valves. So the manufacturer need to lock the ECU to certain rpm to avoid the engine damage due to over spin.
You can also test every engine during idel by just leaving the gear to Neutral and slowly floor the pedal to deepest and you can noticed the cut off point of the preset ECU. Wink

So far for accent i haven't test it yet la, but i believe the cut-off point should be nearly 5,500 rpm. Wink

_________________
Best RIDE Ever! Its always with Hyundai.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KCKS
Elite Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 1671

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ar... Shocked 5,000rpm. Shocked
Marky, you test it before?? Mind to share how you get the result?

Anyways, hoping to see your review of the two new city models soon. Very Happy
marky wrote:
Our Accent cut off is 5,000rpm. Will be test driving the 2 Honda models soon. Hope to have a clear road to speed!! hahahaha.


Last edited by KCKS on Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chkwong
Senior Member


Joined: 24 Jun 2004
Posts: 882
Location: Bandar Kinrara, Puchong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my Accent auto, did hit 6k rpm before I back off the fuel pedal as I hv ran out of clear road.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KCKS
Elite Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 1671

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried few times by flooring the pedal when overtakes car, i can only hit maximum of 5,500 rpm then go down to 2XXX rpm when the ECU advance to higher gear.
chkwong wrote:
For my Accent auto, did hit 6k rpm before I back off the fuel pedal as I hv ran out of clear road.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
marky
Club Founder


Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Posts: 2418
Location: Subang Jaya

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh...the last time i tried on KLIA highway, press my pedal like want to break already but only 5,000rpm. For so many times, I hit slightly above 5,500rpm.

But I've check with KB SC, they said its 5,000rpm cut off.
KCKS wrote:
Ar... Shocked 5,000rpm. Shocked
Marky, you test it before?? Mind to share how you get the result?

Anyways, hoping to see your review of the two new city models soon. Very Happy
marky wrote:
Our Accent cut off is 5,000rpm. Will be test driving the 2 Honda models soon. Hope to have a clear road to speed!! hahahaha.

_________________
Best RIDE Ever! Its always with Hyundai.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KCKS
Elite Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 1671

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also hits 5,500 rpm many times with the A/T. How come KB said the cut-off is 5,000rpm. Confused I gotta test it again in this few days later.
marky wrote:
Uh...the last time i tried on KLIA highway, press my pedal like want to break already but only 5,000rpm. For so many times, I hit slightly above 5,500rpm.

But I've check with KB SC, they said its 5,000rpm cut off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
marky
Club Founder


Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Posts: 2418
Location: Subang Jaya

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've to try mine again when I have the chance.
KCKS wrote:
I also hits 5,500 rpm many times with the A/T. How come KB said the cut-off is 5,000rpm. Confused I gotta test it again in this few days later.
marky wrote:
Uh...the last time i tried on KLIA highway, press my pedal like want to break already but only 5,000rpm. For so many times, I hit slightly above 5,500rpm.

But I've check with KB SC, they said its 5,000rpm cut off.

_________________
Best RIDE Ever! Its always with Hyundai.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group