Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compare Hyundai Accent with Honda City Only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCKS wrote:
The City 2003 already considered obsolete model and nomore manufacture by Honda. But this 2005 model mainly is the faceplate changes and some minor changes inside then they charge another RM3k from previous model. What a smart way of business huh. Mad
Btw, i really like the CVT A/T & the i-DSI engine which is powerful and good in FC with no hassle on timing belt duration. The remaining sounds normal for me.

dunno why they charge so high. their price now is higher than vios car... soon or later, they will lost business lor...

for almost RM90K range of car, you can go for 1.6 cc range of car already... just add on some extra.
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing It is normal stratergy of a manufacturer when their car is hot demand of the market. So they will try to earn more from the buyers.
They might loose the business in the market but so far City is the cheapest model of all their others model. So they might still get business with Honda fan. We need to have some time to watch hows the happenning. Wink
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will need to cover back their R&D cost first before earning profits. Thats why they rather increase it high and later maybe reduce it.
On top of that, there is also our Govn Fav high tax structure.
ycsteven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the car 2 days ago, both the idsi and vtec, for my own opinion, it is really much comfortable compare to our accent, although like what your guys said the car is so heavy, but the believe me, when u drive the car, u won't feel the weight, i really mean it. but back to the price, it is really a bit pricey, but what i think also, u get what you pay for as well, like ABS, the bigger rims, and technology..and believe me, go to have a look a real car, it's much better look compare to the old model..but now what i can say..don't compare to RM20k different price car lah.. Laughing
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi steven,happy to see you back here.
Its a good sharing you did there.
ycsteven wrote:
I tried the car 2 days ago, both the idsi and vtec, for my own opinion, it is really much comfortable compare to our accent, although like what your guys said the car is so heavy, but the believe me, when u drive the car, u won't feel the weight, i really mean it. but back to the price, it is really a bit pricey, but what i think also, u get what you pay for as well, like ABS, the bigger rims, and technology..and believe me, go to have a look a real car, it's much better look compare to the old model..but now what i can say..don't compare to RM20k different price car lah.. Laughing

chkwong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ycsteven, you should test drive the Elantra 1.8 which is within the same price bracket as the facelift City ZX VTEC. Then you might re-think what you said. Very Happy What you pay is what you get. 20k is a lot of money!
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant compare with honda unless accent coming out with new facelift... changing bonet, bumper, lamp and etc... (not adding body-kits).

so far accent still the most popular demand compare to elantra and sonata... perhap due to price.
KCKS
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went to see both version of I-DSI and V-TEC last weekend. The main difference of the changes are:

1) The lenght of the car (80mm longer)
2) More space for front engine compartment. (More clearance of engine and front bumper)
3) More space for rear bonnet (Feel deeper than previous one)
4) Inside of rear bonnet cover is cover with carpet (Looks better)
5) Headlamp and Rearlamp is revamp (better looking)
6) Front and rear faceplates and bumpers are redesigned.
7) Interior decorative lining is changed to wood patern (i-DSI. look obvious and previous should be better)
Cool Self Illuminate welcome light when inserting the key. (looks good)
9) Bigger sport rims to 15" (i-DSI) VTEC rims designed is defferent.
10) Internal seat cover pattern is changed (No special).
11) Interior all in Black colour (VTEC)
12) Display meter is revamp (VTEC only, i-DSI maintained)
13) Rear sit fixed with bottom drawers (VTEC) i-DIS ramained same.

Honda seems only increase RM2,400 from previous version coz they have a big competator as Vios. Availibility of the car for chinese is only after hari raya, now they mainly let the malay to be priority to get the car first. Mad

I didn't test drive the car coz i was at a rush. But when i have a question of FC to the SA. She claimed that the both previous version and new version FC is same, advice for outstation is VTEC and city driving is i-DSI. Warranty is free parts and labour for two years or 40,000km whichever come first.
But i personally think that the FC for the new city should be slighty increase due to the dimensional is increase from previous city.
ycsteven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
ycsteven, you should test drive the Elantra 1.8 which is within the same price bracket as the facelift City ZX VTEC. Then you might re-think what you said. Very Happy What you pay is what you get. 20k is a lot of money!
Thanks for the suggestion, but don't you think the design of the Elantra is a bit too old for young man?hehe..just my personal opinion.. Embarassed
chkwong

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not for me, I'm way over 30! Ahaks. Very Happy Family man with 2 kids, need safer cars. To me, it's classy looks.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ycsteven, when you drive elentra aka old man's car, you get nice sexy pretty chicks lar.....!!!! hahahahaha... so why not get one Elentra.... Sonata better!!!! even younger more energetic babes!! hahahaha
Laughing
ycsteven wrote:
chkwong wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but don't you think the design of the Elantra is a bit too old for young man?hehe..just my personal opinion.. Embarassed

noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky wrote:
ycsteven, when you drive elentra aka old man's car, you get nice sexy pretty chicks lar.....!!!! hahahahaha... so why not get one Elentra.... Sonata better!!!! even younger more energetic babes!! hahahaha
Laughing
ycsteven wrote:
chkwong wrote:

if you notice, the design might look old but wouldnt get bored if looking at it. Very Happy
ycsteven

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wah, so many supporter of elantra er..mm...maybe one fine day i should go and test drive the elantra..Smile
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ycsteven, you should test drive every car in the market...have a feel of it... Wink
ycsteven wrote:
wah, so many supporter of elantra er..mm...maybe one fine day i should go and test drive the elantra..Smile

rivaldo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My uncle stay opposite to my house just bring back his New Honda City on Friday. Sad

I have try it, my words is..... Sound proofing is good, hardly to hear the engine sound, and the sound from outside. Great CVT makes like no shift changing while driving.

The best part i like, 7 speeds mode steer-matic.. Feels like driving F1.

But too bad, i cannot test the speed. Coz my uncle sitting beside me damm annoying..... Twisted Evil

Can my Accent beat his City with speed??
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: