Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compare Hyundai Accent with Honda City Only
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Compare Hyundai Accent with Honda City Only Reply with quote

Compared to my brand new 1 day old City VTEC, my current Accent 1.5A has a lot less annoying noises inside the car or rather the lack of it. Door panel on the city is so thin that you can press one unlike the Accent hard to press. Bumper softer then Accent. Now, I got to slam myself on the head why I didn't get another Accent or Elantra instead. Shouldn't hv listen to my Finance minister. Tried to call the SA, but keeps on not answering my phone calls after delivering the car. What kind of after sales services is this man?!!! Tat says a lot for Kah Motor services. Kah Bintang is a lot lot lot better.

Bonnet on the City is uneven, left side down by few mm. Steering cover not even, big gap. Soft kluk kluk sound going over uneven roads. Suspension too hard and bumpy even though using Michlelin Pilot Preceda, which is 2 grade higher than my Accent's XM1 grade. Seats not as comfortable as accent nor as grippy as Accent seats. No left dead pedal for my left leg to rest. The only thing better than the Accent which is significant is the noise insulation is a tad better. Aircon on the Accent is a lot better even though both cars are V-Kool Elite/70 tinted, and not to mention the City Kenwood MP3 cd/radio player sucks big time, even after adjusting treble/bass/mid/fader few times.

Close to RM 18k diff between Accent 1.5A and City VTEC, worth it? Nah, next time I know wat to get.

My latest feedback for City at AW.
http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/allposts.asp?summary=1&Forum=ap383311112&access=1&status=1&subject=New+City+Owner+%3F+Anything+to+share%3F
chkwong

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LateNah...not really, for 18k you can beef up the Accent kaw kaw. Go test drive the City, you will prolly find the driver seat adjustment is not as flexible as the Accent one. The Accent driver seat is a lot more comfortable than the City. You might think why I'm saying this coz I own both Accent and City. Suspension feeling I find the Accent is better than City. Sound insulation of course is better on the City, but if you spend 2k on HeSoVi (the high end one) it will be as good or even better than the City.

18k diff frankly, after driving my city this few days, get Elantra 1.8 instead, bigger, stronger, comfy and classier like rich man car even though you might not be. Very Happy City will be always a city or rather sissy. No offence to City owners. Razz

18k, let me see, can throw in for Accent things like:
* Super light, super strong 15" rim, L-series maybe
* Michelin Pilot Preceda
* V-Kool Elite/70
* Anti-roll bar
* Skirting for tat garang looks
* HeSoVi full car installation
* ICE upgrade
* and prolly left 10k for petrol next 3-5 yrs.

At least you will be feel more satisfied. Or get Elantra 1.8 instead.

last news...due to my rear passenger complaining of not enough cold air...now using back my trusty Accent. No more complaining already. Very Happy Can't believe it that 80k car has lower air cond performance than 70k car. Gotta sent it to KM Puchong this Monday morning to fix it. So malu, kena hantam from passengers.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong,what brand of aircond is it fitted with? APM? or other brand?
chkwong

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno, I saw APM sticker on both Accent and City, I don't care much as long as the air cond is cold enough as good already. The best car aircond experience I had so far is the Altis 1.8 and Unser, super cold, super fast to cool down, and super quiet too compared to City. Accent is ok, but can be better.

IMHO Accent is value for money. I beh tahan my City air cond already. Trying to sell it currently. How to tahan till yr end like this? Today I drive back my Accent, wah, feel the cool air again, so nice and comfortable. When I drive my City, every time I turn the steering wheel and see it goes up and down so sien, like as if I bought a chekai car
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
Dunno, I saw APM sticker on both Accent and City, I don't care much as long as the air cond is cold enough as good already. The best car aircond experience I had so far is the Altis 1.8 and Unser, super cold, super fast to cool down, and super quiet too compared to City. Accent is ok, but can be better.

chkwong, join them lah
http://www.mycityclub.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wah!!! Really comparing Accent with other cars wor...hehehehehe....
End of the day, who we all think is the best?
chkwong, from what you decribe, looks like you have a loose belt/tensioner for the aircond. Ask them to check that.
Cause when you turn the steering, you're putting load on the engine which will make the belt to move slower and does not produce enough preasure to turn the compressor.
chkwong

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accent wat else. Problems when I got the car first 1 week, none. Feeling = happy and satisfied.

City, forget abt it. Air cond still the same lousy performance even after sending it to SC. Problems when I got the car first 1 week, not even 1 week it's 1st day, quite a number. Feeling = unhappy and frustrated.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong, have they added gas into your aircond? worse, ask them for a whole new system.
chkwong wrote:
Accent wat else. Problems when I got the car first 1 week, none. Feeling = happy and satisfied.

City, forget abt it. Air cond still the same lousy performance even after sending it to SC. Problems when I got the car first 1 week, not even 1 week it's 1st day, quite a number. Feeling = unhappy and frustrated.

chkwong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SC says air cond nothing wrong. Looks like a design overlook in calculating the air volume for the City, they put in the wrong air cond compressor rating. My two colleague air cond also the same lousy performance. Got to live with it. Or change another car down 6 months later.
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder my Astro friend wants to change to Getz lar. Said regret buying City cause always have to end up in 'Clinic' Wink
chkwong wrote:
The SC says air cond nothing wrong. Looks like a design overlook in calculating the air volume for the City, they put in the wrong air cond compressor rating. My two colleague air cond also the same lousy performance. Got to live with it. Or change another car down 6 months later.

chkwong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My City will go to the 'clinic' again next week. My Accent has never been 'hospitalised' before. If I sell my City now, I still lose the same amount of money compared to 6-12 months down the road. That's why use it now, and sell it off after 6 months. Treat it as if I rent a car. Probably sell off during Nov or early Jan next yr when ppl rush to buy cars for new yr or CNY. Good time to throw out that piece of 'headache'. Mad
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
My City will go to the 'clinic' again next week. My Accent has never been 'hospitalised' before. If I sell my City now, I still lose the same amount of money compared to 6-12 months down the road. That's why use it now, and sell it off after 6 months. Treat it as if I rent a car. Probably sell off during Nov or early Jan next yr when ppl rush to buy cars for new yr or CNY. Good time to throw out that piece of 'headache'. Mad

sell it only 6 months ?... u will lose at least 10% or more immediately around RM10k~RM15K Shocked .....bear with it lah Crying or Very sad .......soon & later u will used to live with it already...just like last time I deal with my previous waja Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wah!!! Complain more of the aircond lor. Then try to live with it until the new one comes along then trade in.
chkwong wrote:

slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong, saw this topic of City gearbox problem petition is on - pls sign up on the autoworld, how about ur city's gearbox ? Question
http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/allposts.asp?forum=ap383311112&subject=City+gearbox+problem+petition+is+on+%2D+pls+sign+up&Access=1&Status=1&page=3
chkwong

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slbeh, I don't bother anymore. Now selling it. Few call up, but so far no success. Once I sell it off, might get another Accent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: