Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2008 ALL NEW ACCENT 1.4M & 1.6A
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin203

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Seen the car this week and its overall better. I come across this topic and hope to get something positive about Accent new model i think that some members here are not so supportive.

Dont compare to others as our price have slightly different and pickup year too. Every person has his own taste interm of car and yes everyone can post what they like about a car but why we dun think on the side of Hyundai Dist. They need a car look that suite everyone and not individual.

If i am a new member and get to know that Accent driver is actually refuse to drive accent. Hmmm.... gosh.

Lastly... congrat to our newly launch Accent. I know they are trying hard to improve so keep up.

Quote:

Price too close to the Japs, especially the Honda City. Heard that only the 78k premium model has ABS+EBD, disc brake front/rear, rest are underspec. Well, that's what I heard about the spec. At 78k, might as well get a Jap, better 2nd hand value.

Saw the real thing at 1U new wing. Looks like KB is at it again. The brochure and the real thing is some different. Major omission is the rear seat adjustable head rests. So, don't believe whatever the brochure says.

Twin (fake?) tail pipe looks ah beng-ish. The display car with body kit makes the car looks worse than the original. Rear spoiler is not the same as the original one. I like the original softer look which has more family appeal.

Original looks is better IMHO, priced too high. Wonder how can it sell at at 78k for the full spec version. City IDSI is better spec and a lot more spacious. Also the check the interior dimension, bit misleading since volume does not necessary means more practical spaciousness.

Sport rim is practically unchanged look from previous version. Dated design. At least change the rim look instead of the slap on look-fast body kit. Wonder KM will listen or not instead of look-fast kit but car not tat speeder either.

Just my quick review and opinion after seeing the car in person.

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/11/13/business/19451509&sec=business

Clips from thestar...
“We are fortunate to be the world’s first country to launch the latest Hyundai Accent model,” he said.

Accent/Verna already available elsewhere months ago.

This weekend plan to test the car out at KB showrooms. Hehehe.

If it had priced just below 70k for the full spec premium version, then this can easily beat Vios and City. Hyundai brand in Malaysia has still a long way to go.

sktan10
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: First in the World Reply with quote

is wrote:
scst wrote:
Good Evening Members,

The 2008 All New Accent launched in Malaysia recently were the first in the world. You may find it difference in the exterior appearance, especially the front and the rear.

Please come to Kah Bintang's showrooms to view the car.

On the other hand, the brochure's photo shown the rear seat headrests were adjustable was extracted from the international brochures. Normally, franchisee got their photos from the franchiser's international brochures.

Thank You and Best of Regards.

Sam Chong Laughing
yup .. its true bro .. lots of stuff komoco spore bring in dont have stuff like us, the all new accent mc .. and the interior is the latest verna in korea .. ie the panel, 2-din HU .. side repeater mounted on side mirror .. etc .. and its FC is better than toyota belta aka toyota yaris sedan aka the new vios .. Wink tested the car ledi .. wwooooo .. accent like no others ... its feel like sonata nf .. cooll ... handling ..beyond your expectation ... feel much more better than latio 1.8 and lancer 2.0 GT .. go and test drive urself ... Razz

Im from singapore.The car is good.Quiet & powerful.But one thing is air-con weaker than the previous accent GSL(Malaysia 2006 accent).I know because i own two before.
The 1.6A fuel consumption is not great in fact is on the heavy side.For the 1.4M & 1.6M is ok.
Im on 1.6M with 15inch rim getting 12-12.5km only.
scst

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: 2008 ALL NEW ACCENT 1.6A CVVT - Black Colour Reply with quote

Good Evening Members, 2008 All New Accent 1.6A CVVT in BLACK colour with 15" sport rims for your kind perusal.

Courtesy from Sam Chong... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Showroom Photo: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/scstllk/Showroom.jpg

Last edited by scst on Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
ropai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone who has test-driven this car, how's the soundproofing like? better than Accent LC2?
chkwong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few days ago, went to test drive the car at KB 222/3? with some colleagues. Friend of mine looking for a new car, so went along with him. Car full load with 5ppl on board, this one really test drive. Not bad, pick up with full load ok, slightly spacious than previous Accent. NVH better than before. Interior is an improvement over the old model, sound system (6 speaker! pls USB plug-in) ***DEMN*** nice, best in the class (City VTEC, Nissan Grand Livinia 1.8 which we also test drove earlier before we go to KB 222). All my friends in the car agree this is the best stock sound system. I didn't really drove the car, my friend did. Not bad, other than the Ah Beng-ish looks and the fake twin exhaust pipes!

Pros:-
1. Handling, comfort
2. Nice classy interior (though got some poor quite visible finishing/gaps on the front console, and other places)
3. Sound system really top class for cars in 70k range, no need to upgrade, stock system to me is already very good
4. Solid door closing thud sound
5. Spacious compared to old model, but not as spacious as City. Interior same size as new Vios, from what I can see when sitting inside.

Cons:-
1. Stock rims, they are fugly ugly and looks like salvaged from throw away rims
2. Air cond, not as cold as old model. Still cold, but just not as cold. Probably due to the bigger interior and probably still using the same aircond sizing/compressor hp.
3. Slap-on kits, IMHO, waste of money. Would prefer all disc (front+rear) brakes with EBD + BA.

Value for money? Quite ok, but price too close to City iDSI. My friend was saying this, he says quite a good car, but he would fork out a bit more to get the City instead.
chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, go for another test drive again. Test drove the 1.6A model. Handling, engine, pick up, noise, comfort is a major step improvement over the old model.

Anyone looking for price range 70k, should really go and test drive this model. Highly recommended.

Also, earlier today test drive the Vios 1.5S, yucks! Engine noise quite loud, and interior is quite cheapskate looking to me.
chkwong

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the car feels quite light compared to the old model. Just press a bit on the accelerator and it goes, overtaking is relatively quite easy. This was also with 4 adults on board. So, this probably translates to good fuel economy.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great...i will go & test drive it.......but the price is a bit expensive........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
chkwong

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expensive? Depends on how you look at it. Compared to Vios, this is a steal. RM 25k different! You decide. Razz

Might be interested to get one if only if those fake things are non-standard and replaced with rear disc, larger disc brake, better 16" rims, plus EBD.
ropai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong wrote:
Expensive? Depends on how you look at it. Compared to Vios, this is a steal. RM 25k different! You decide. Razz

Might be interested to get one if only if those fake things are non-standard and replaced with rear disc, larger disc brake, better 16" rims, plus EBD.

hmm, the highest spec vios S is about 88k, and cheapest vios E is 78k, how can you say there's 25k difference?

between vios S and accent 1.6A, accent is missing these items:
- EBD
- rear disk brake
- front passenger airbag
- self-illuminating meter (optitron)
- lower roadtax (1.6 vs 1.5)

these stuff might cost a few thousand, so the difference is not that much.

i think KB need to re-evaluate their marketing strategy and expected profit margin, or we can just wait for huge price cuts one/two years down the road.

FYI, highest spec Accent MC 2008 costs about RM50k outside malaysia (15k USD - including sunroof, SIX airbags, 16 inch wheels, tire pressure monitor etc). considering this is a CKD that gets CKD tax rates, KB is trying to get too much profit.

thinking about it, same goes to all car companies in malaysia...
sharirm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what to do ropai, we still need a car...nasib la : (
JJ
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: 2008 Reply with quote

I saw the car last week at 1U and kind of considering to buy it .
In terms of looks I bleive that the new Accent looks better than the very awkward looking City and Camry like bothched look of the new Vios .

But looks is not everything in this category as the City has a very good layout inside the car. Is it true that this car layout inside is more bigger than the City?

As I have never owned a Korean make before can anyone suggest which would be a better buy the Auto or the Manual transmission.

I heard that Korean cars have very poor FC ? Is this true and how good is this car.

Any professional reviews>
Very Happy
Cheers.

JJ

Ps : What does this AH beng mean huh?
chkwong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

City interior is still bigger than the new Accent. Interior volume does not means spacious. It just means total volume.
anti_jdm
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scst,

nice accent photos you have there!!
i should have wait and get this instead Crying or Very sad

anyway,
why do you squat down to take pics like that?
like you make chocolate cake leh ! Wink
is

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some comments/testimony about the 2008 all new accent:

http://www.teamhyundaimalaysia.com/forum/index.php/topic,608.0.html

http://www.teamhyundaimalaysia.com/forum/index.php/topic,18.0.html

http://www.teamhyundaimalaysia.com/forum/index.php/topic,622.0.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: