Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shaft Failure
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin203

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Shaft Failure Reply with quote

Need to share this with you all... on my way to tt yesterday in Kuchai my car shaft suddenly fail and cause my right hand wheel to jam. Break is not working and BANG!! divider.

Luckily didnt go fast... What we can see is the front wheel already not at his ori place thus stuck with the disc and cause brake to fail response. Picture taken using my friends hp on the broken shaft and now my car already in 222 SC.

So dissapointed... no accent members arrive. Only Nissan B16 Club and some of my friends stops by. Need to see my car later on to solved out the warranty staff and need to know why is will happen so sudden.

Imagine if i going fast and was taking a corner?
sonylim1543
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my god.... are u ok now kelvin?? where is ur location now? luckly u did manage it wisely due the critical moment... god bless u always :) cheers brother :) everything is fine now.. hopefuly this is the first and also is the last time for this incident....

......:::::: PeAcE ::::::......
clkwa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to heard that. luckily you are ok. Next time give us a call we wil come to ur rescue. Take care mate. cheers
tytan
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked oh! my god

Laughing luckily you are ok

do you change your tires, rims, brake or etc before?

if no, i have to watch out. need check up every service.
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Shaft Failure Reply with quote

you mean when you driving, suddenly the right tyre shaft there failure and jam?

wow, never hear this happen before. it is good that you question the KBSC and demand for answer.

let's us know the answer.
kevin203

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.... i think i mistaken something here. Thanks for you all concern. What KBSC said that this cant claim warranty as they will that this due to tyres problem so what they suggest is to make a police report and claim insurance.

When you accident and broke something then is hard to determine what is wrong. Very luckily that i drive slow that time due to slippy road after rain. But heard what they say also true is that tyres really have to take good check in most of the time.

Cheers
kevin203

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my second time accident la... need to appoint Lilian Thoo hehe... to see feng shui.
samchoo
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway glad to know that you are safe .. take care Cool
keam66
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Shaft Failure Reply with quote

First of all sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident last friday night. But thanks our lucky stars that no one was hurt but only our wallet. We were talking about some of the members that didn't arrive that night and suddenly ...if i am not mistaken James call u or vice versa and we heard that your car shaft broke down. i were wondering what have u done to your car until the shaft broke down until i on my pc this morning and look through the forum. Please do lets is know what are the real problem that occured that broke the shaft. Sometimes this KB never tolds us the real fact because of the warranty and also thier name. Just imagine if it is because of manufacturer mal-defect on thier car. Anywat glad u are still in one piece so to say. Take care. Wink
kevin203 wrote:
Need to share this with you all... on my way to tt yesterday in Kuchai my car shaft suddenly fail and cause my right hand wheel to jam. Break is not working and BANG!! divider.

Luckily didnt go fast... What we can see is the front wheel already not at his ori place thus stuck with the disc and cause brake to fail response. Picture taken using my friends hp on the broken shaft and now my car already in 222 SC.

So dissapointed... no accent members arrive. Only Nissan B16 Club and some of my friends stops by. Need to see my car later on to solved out the warranty staff and need to know why is will happen so sudden.

Imagine if i going fast and was taking a corner?
kevin203

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... i think so cause they didnt really wan to explain so many things. Just say you accident and cant claim warranty. He say that cause by slippy road.

The real thing that happen that night was after the tol at taman connaught then there is a corner to salak selatan and taman sg besi. Its normal that i press brake before i go into corner. The car just cant stop and hit the side of the road just at the corner entrance.

Be frankly, i just dunno what really happen out there.
kevin203

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just made police report. guess what, .... saw 2 accent coming in tow. But i think not in the same acident. Both also front accident. Would it be our accent brake system is a bit cheap or our car is too fast for a driver to handle?

It seem no one will hit our back but we always hit ppls back.
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i said before in other thread, i feel accent's braking power is not sufficient. tt's why i opt to go for upgrade in braking system.

1) change to DOT4.
2) change brake pad (performance type). currently david managed to find one good brake pad for me but i cant now due to changing new car. so cannot liao.
3) change the disc rotor to embedded line or cross drilled.
4) change to larger brake pump. heard that elantra brake pump is sufficient for accent.
wnl9066
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, the brakes on my accent is also not that good. once i went down genting, my brakes semua tak makan, and one time i hit a motorbike because cannot stop even after i floored the brakes pedal.
tytan
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh! unbelivable ...

tomorrow going to KBSC at jln ipoh warranty reserve sensor
bring this matter to them too.

since now my brake still ok woh...not sign of can't or susah brake.
wnl9066
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reverse sensor is not worth it to change la, unless you change the brand, the sensor in our car always got problem, i changed a couple of time, then same things, sometime when you are in the reverse gear, sound.tikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, banyak kuat ooo, but nothing behind, then next time reverse, ok, after a couple of time, same problem rise again.
service centre say nothing much can do, they can just keep on changing, but the problem is the stupid cheap sensor itself. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: