Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hyundai Accent RS-2 model
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scst

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Hyundai Accent RS-2 model Reply with quote

Good Evening members, I am pleased to enclose herewith the photos of our latest Accent RS-2 models for your kind perusal.

Should you need further clarification or information, kindly please contact me at 012-2221616 or email to scst@streamyx.com or sam@kahbintang.com.

Thank You and Best of Regards.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sam Chong
KAH BINTANG JLN 223 (OFF JLN 222)
PETALING JAYA - 3'S Branch

noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Hyundai Accent RS-2 model Reply with quote

i like the exhaust pipe... 2 piping... cool. Cool
SinEater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Hyundai Accent RS-2 model Reply with quote

noname wrote:
i like the exhaust pipe... 2 piping... cool. Cool

yea yea, I agree... looks like BMW style.... The two reflectors at the rear bumper looks kinda weird though... Are the engine set-up completely similar to the previous RS-X?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rookie019
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: enquiry Reply with quote

is it same as the current RXS 5?
sharirm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think there s any different on the engine either its just accent, RXS, RXS5, etc.....
ropai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

too ricer for my taste, why not add these and brand it as... Accent LC2-R (R for REAL):

1) all soundproofing standard on CBU model
2) driver side glovebox
3) map lights
4) fog-light switch
5) sunvisor with vanity mirror
6) 3 spoke steering
7) electronic ABS with EBD
Cool dual front SRS airbags + curtain airbags
9) driver armrest
10) 3 rear adjustable headrests
11) original key fob + alarm system from Korea
12) sunroof
13) impact sensing door locks
14) 1.6 litre DOHC 16-valve engine
15) 5 choice of interior trim colors
16) 11 choice of exterior paint colors
17) pre-tensioner seatbelts
1Cool child seat anchor

you see, accent can actually be a lot better than what it is right now, and more value for money. and all these comes with a price lower than any comparable japanese models. instead, we're offered a new bodykit iteration like this. so we know just how much margin some people are making...

FYI, i compiled this list from an Accent pdf brochure i downloaded from Hyundai website last year. the REAL hyundai website, not Kah Bintang. PM me with your email address if you wanna see it. If someone can attach it to this post, i'll send it to them via email.

in summary, CKD + localization sucks.
hcgui
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally agree with ropai.....

Kah Bintang, if u're reading this forum, pls just give us the REAL Accent.... not the current ones with all your useless accessories, which i prefer to call them JUNKS.... and we're paying A LOT for all these useless items for NO good purposes, other than looks.

i'm lucky tat i dont get much of those on my car as mine is the very first version... but i just cant believe how u keep coming out with different versions with MORE n MORE ADDITIONAL JUNKS!

what we really need is more soundproofing, ABS, EBD, airbags, DVVT, DOHC, localised ECU etc... which i believe these things will push your sales much more higher compare with all these so called "new versions" of your Accent. n i dont think u have to do so many of the promotion or advertising. u can actually save a hell lot of money on that. it's a SHAME becos even Hyundai Berjaya DONT do that on their Hyundais!

2 days ago, i went to test drive a Toyota Avanza 1.5A. having driven and ride in d 1.3M for many times, i've known d ride is just so VAN-like (hard damping, bumpy, etc). however after driving d latest Avanza, i'm just so impressed how Toyota has remarkably improved d ride n handling. altho they dun show it on their latest brochure, but things speak for themselves. d salesman (who is also a mechanic) agrees tat d suspension is totally redesigned, which all d mechanics have to go for FULL training AGAIN! this shows that UMW Toyota listen to their customers, by giving them wad they ACTUALLY NEED!

we're smart n educated consumers...... not easily affected by your "flowery advertising or promotions or wadever latest versions u can come out with"..... we all do our homework before we invest in our cars.... learn from the matured markets/ advanced countries.. dealers there dun sell cars with all these JUNKS... they push their sales by promoting safety, comfort, handling, latest engine technology etc..... so pls give the market a break and let's have a win-win situation from now onwards.

pls make money d SMART way, not d CHEAP and EASY way, and we'll be happy to spend it as well.... being a proud 1st time Hyundai owner, i sincerely wish to see Hyundai's sell sky-rocket, pushing d big players even harder..... help us PREPARE TO WANT ONE, and we'll DRIVE YOUR WAY.

kind regards.
HighCurrent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no offence scst, but the car looks VERY VERY VERY UGLY. the idi*t who designed the bodykit must be a huge fan of ultraman.
ropai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hcgui wrote:

we're smart n educated consumers...... not easily affected by your "flowery advertising or promotions or wadever latest versions u can come out with"..... we all do our homework before we invest in our cars.... learn from the matured markets/ advanced countries.. dealers there dun sell cars with all these JUNKS... they push their sales by promoting safety, comfort, handling, latest engine technology etc..... so pls give the market a break and let's have a win-win situation from now onwards.

i was one of 'not so smart' customers who just needed a reliable car in a hurry. so there will still be buyers out there for this 'RS-2', which is not sold in any other parts of the world.

until now, i still think the RX-S & RX-S5 bodykit is ugly and not tastefully done for a supposedly cheap, everyday runabout car.

hcgui wrote:

pls make money d SMART way, not d CHEAP and EASY way, and we'll be happy to spend it as well.... being a proud 1st time Hyundai owner, i sincerely wish to see Hyundai's sell sky-rocket, pushing d big players even harder..... help us PREPARE TO WANT ONE, and we'll DRIVE YOUR WAY.

here's for hoping that they won't screw consumers over again with the upcoming CKD Accent MC. just bring the car with all the original parts & spec and assemble it here, dont cut down on 'unseen' & 'in plain sight' items.

you have already saved money on taxes, why the need (or greed) to cut down on parts? if they do screw us over, i'm not gonna recommend a 'malaysian-assembled' hyundai to anyone.

and p/s: my next car will be a CBU, no matter what the cost. even 2nd hand CBU will be considered. no more of this CKD crap.
hcgui
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear tat ropai..... as the saying goes..... "cheat me once, shame on you, cheat me twice, shame on me".... and i do believe we'll learn from our mistakes and not make any silly choices again....

even our Malaysia Boleh Proton and Perodua dont sell us this USELESS and TASTELESS bodykits....AT LEAST their Hi-Line or Premium versions comes with ABS and AIRBAGS (not to mention those little but important things such as vanity mirror for front passenger, which i find it VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED not having one, which i think just cost less than RM10 at d factory)

things like these r so much more value for money compare to all these bodykit craps, as well as those useless ioniser, micro-compressor, fuel saver, etc etc and d list goes on as i'm not sure wad other things they can think of (and LUCKILY mine DONT have those).... i'll be so happy and willing to spend extra 3k for ABS and AIRBAGS alone!!!.... which i believe other members will feel d same way too....

and p/s: i have THREE Peroudas at home.... my kancil is 1st batch 1994 n till now stil running fine, one kenari and one 2nd hand kelisa.... and i'm so proud of them.... they have been such a value and practical supplementary cars to my family of just 4!! my dad sold his Wira before buying Accent just becos of rust problem, other than that, everything is perfect!! my dad never like accessories, he likes everything ORIGINAL on all his cars.....
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am not sure you guys awared that not only KB, Proton, Honda and others car manufacturer also using the same trend.... beautify the outlook of the car objective to attract customers.

maybe nowadays more youngster able to own car, then perhaps that is their thought in mind. Laughing
eugene jk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice front grill.. do you sell it separately?? bcos i broke mine in an accident.

the new RS-2.. Overall.. just minus the reflector behind
ropai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
i am not sure you guys awared that not only KB, Proton, Honda and others car manufacturer also using the same trend.... beautify the outlook of the car objective to attract customers.

maybe nowadays more youngster able to own car, then perhaps that is their thought in mind. Laughing

yep, i noticed all the bodykits coming from manufacturers nowadays. but this 'RS-2' kit actually 'uglifies' (if there is such a word) rather than beautify.

hyundai corp prides itself in providing little touches that makes driving a pleasure & convenience, they havent invested that much in motorsports, yet. so why the need to promote this car as sporty? the engine is around the same horsepower as wira 1.5, how sporty can that possibly be?

accent is the bread & butter of hyundai corp, that means low margin and high volume for the uninitiated. it's designed as a city car, not for racing. adding senseless bodykits like this only makes the car look like a poser, where people in the know would laugh looking at it.

i hope the NAP will be abolished soon, so that this kind of consumer deception will be a thing of the past, and we can enjoy cars designed to be cheap at actually cheap prices - fully imported from wherever they are built with high quality manufacturing lines.

PROTON, JUST DIE ALREADY! WE HATE YOU!
SinEater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighCurrent wrote:
no offence scst, but the car looks VERY VERY VERY UGLY. the idi*t who designed the bodykit must be a huge fan of ultraman.

Shocked the reflector does kinda make it look like ultraman, u don't say I also din realise leh... But I like the front grill and the twin exhaust, not bad not bad....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the rear side bumper reflector - sound like anything can come off like that. be prepare to buy additional for it. should cost you >100 per pair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: