Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing tweeters

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
accent_r
General Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Installing tweeters Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

newbie here.. I just recently got a 2007 Accent SE.

I was wondering if anybody have installed tweeters on the doors?
Unfortunately, the original speakers doesnt sound so good. I got a 1" diameters on ebay and was planning to intall them. problem is, I have not Idea how to dismantle the covers of the door. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
`mike
HighCurrent

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Talking about removing the cover, pls dont do it unless you have seen someone do it on accent. Pretty trickiy on the latch and on the lock. There's a number of plastic fixtures also that you dont want to break. Guess what, I installed my sound proof at my SC. Asked them to help me open it and I installed it right there. hehehe.
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have just change all four speaker - 2 rear speaker and 2 side door speaker ... plus 2 tweeter. the sound is good... but workmanship is average.

when you install the tweeter, remind them becareful of the door panel, especially the upper part - where there is a black triangle cover (right at the side mirror). coz the knot of the cover is made by plastic - thus easily broken. now mine have broken and i have to use double-sided tape to tape it and it look ugly... but have no choice. they kinda rough when they dismantle it... just plug it open.

2ndly, when they looking for the wire (on front passenger's side) to tap on - on the tweeter, there is a bunch of "neat" wire tap together and hardly to take it out. for them, they just pull and force it... kinda "sakit hati" when seeing them doing it and they didnt put it back properly. i did sounded to them and they put nicely a bit.

overall im happy but getting more rattling sound on the side door... so have to careful and let those ppl who experience in Accent. otherwise these "young" ppl, just plug it open without caution.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... someone had pimped his ride. Rolling Eyes
alfred8827
General Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noname wrote:

when you install the tweeter, remind them becareful of the door panel, especially the upper part - where there is a black triangle cover (right at the side mirror). coz the knot of the cover is made by plastic - thus easily broken. now mine have broken and i have to use double-sided tape to tape it and it look ugly... but have no choice. they kinda rough when they dismantle it... just plug it open.

Actually you do not have to remove the triangle thing when you remove the door panel. I've seen one of the Kah Bintang guy manage to open it without removing it. Just need to tilt up the back part a bit then slowly slide the door panel out only. But too bad i only get to know this after i've got mine broken for the accessories guy i went to change my ICE does not have the necessary experience for Hyundai Accent. But i had it changed already coz it kept felling off after sometime. So no more opening of that triangle thing for my car...unless really really really necessary.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kevin203

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... what alffred say is correct. They actually do not need to remove the black triangle cover in order to remove the door panel. Its easily broken.

So becareful for all accentian that wanted to modify front speaker and sound proof.
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt know it. coz when i see them taking out the door panel frame, saw them cannot take out and they have to open the triangle frame. 2 separate person doing it. the older one is much more experience and he remove it carefully. the other one, kinda rough and just plug it out like that - not only once but 3 times. i staring at him and he quite ashame for not doing good work... so i thanks to the older one and ignore the young one... ahahahaha
accent_r
General Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks noname and all for the suggestion. Yes i wouldnt trust my car to newbies.
I am actually worried to damage the plastic clips of the panel.
Hopefully someday, to see a complete repair manual of this car.

highcurrent, that sound proofing is an awesome idea!
do you have images? thanks for sharing your thoughts!
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soundproofing - izit you mean from KBSC or outside?

if KBSC, is good but dont expect too much. at least it reduce the engine noise.

i've done it on my front and rear bonner & 4's door. so far so good ... but still can hear the sound outside... at least quieter...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Audio (I.C.E.) & Security All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: