Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reverse Sensor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonsta
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reverse Sensor Reply with quote

My accent came with one pair reverse sensor, Left and Right side and also can talk to describe how many feet from kena langgar. If it's too near it will go Stop Stop Stop. On the dashboard there is also a reverse sensor meter showing how many feet from object.

Currently the car is about 4 months old, the right reverse sensor not sure what happenned la but most days it seems to be detecting something when theres nothing, the voice keeps saying stop stop stop. Some days its there some days its not. Nothing behind the car also the sensor panicking.

Brougth to SC and they said the module is already rosak but they will cover under warranty. So far waited 2 weeks they haven't got the spare parts.

Don't know whether it's because I leave the car outdoor, got rain and shine, the sensor gets affected ?

Anyone else got this problem ?
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Reverse Sensor Reply with quote

simonsta wrote:
My accent came with one pair reverse sensor, Left and Right side and also can talk to describe how many feet from kena langgar. If it's too near it will go Stop Stop Stop. On the dashboard there is also a reverse sensor meter showing how many feet from object.

Currently the car is about 4 months old, the right reverse sensor not sure what happenned la but most days it seems to be detecting something when theres nothing, the voice keeps saying stop stop stop. Some days its there some days its not. Nothing behind the car also the sensor panicking.

Brougth to SC and they said the module is already rosak but they will cover under warranty. So far waited 2 weeks they haven't got the spare parts.

Don't know whether it's because I leave the car outdoor, got rain and shine, the sensor gets affected ?

Anyone else got this problem ?

no. probably you can send it back to KBSC and let them check it. if i recall it correctly, last time they told me the reverse sensor at the bumper is not in the right position.

the sensor have a small dot "." on it... and the dot should be facing down. otherwise it will sense different thing. when i adjust it, it solved my problem. give it a try.
simonsta
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just sent it back to service center at klang, they said they adjusted it but no guarantee if can stay in that position. it was OK for the first day and then today seems like got problem again. so going to 222 for a good lookup.

also this sounds strange but is it possible that the L and R sensors reporting opposite, example object is on the left but sensor says its on the right ??? i tested myself and it seemed that way .. i hope the KBSC will sort it out
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the problem keep on persist, demand them to change a new set. u have the right by doing it. coz you dont have the luxury time - coming back and forth - just to solve the same problem over and over again.
yanz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happen to me when my millage clocked 18000KM. It happen one a day. Stop! Stop! Stop!. But everytime when arrive at SC, it's ok. Grrr.. Embarassed at last after clocked 23000KM the thing totally broken, keep saying stop stop stop!!! but the warranty is due already (warranty is 20000KM for accessories) Grrrr!!! Embarassed
At last bought the set straight away from Audiovoxx (since the warranty is gone already furthermore they are the supplier). Get it at RM150.00. If through KBSC they will mark-up the price.
yanz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noname wrote:
if the problem keep on persist, demand them to change a new set. u have the right by doing it. coz you dont have the luxury time - coming back and forth - just to solve the same problem over and over again.

If it is under warranty, demand them to replace it or asked them to put your complain in their report. If the thing get worsed after 20000KM, you still can claim it since you reported it officially before the millage clocked 20000KM
Accent
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine 2 similar problem. Sad
simonsta
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like this is a common problem

i have been back at forth to the SC, both in Klang and at 222. For 222, it's hard to find time to go there. And the last time I went there the guy said reverse sensor theres an expert in charge and he is only around on Tuesday and Friday between 11AM and 3PM he'll be walking around.

Sighh its just way too difficult. And my mileage is almost 20k already !!

Where to buy the AUDIOVOX set ?

Also I cannot tahan this STOP STOP STOP thing.
Can I switch off the speaker for now ?
HighCurrent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can change to a simpler system. Any accessory shop is capable to install it for you.
RXS5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonsta wrote:
just sent it back to service center at klang, they said they adjusted it but no guarantee if can stay in that position. it was OK for the first day and then today seems like got problem again. so going to 222 for a good lookup.

also this sounds strange but is it possible that the L and R sensors reporting opposite, example object is on the left but sensor says its on the right ??? i tested myself and it seemed that way .. i hope the KBSC will sort it out

this is something new...
does our senor tell us which side (L or R) an object we are about to hit?
mine doesnt le... only a lady's voice... announcing the approx. "direct" distance of backside collision... and when less than 1.5ft she will scream STOP STOP STOP Laughing
mpchaiaccent
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually you can switch off the sound/voice, the switch is at the reverse sensor's speaker where it installed near the rear speaker.
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope. the reverse sensor doesnt inform you which side is going to hit "something". just a general... either left or right.

my friends said is quite annoying when the lady voice keep on saying "stop" "stop" "stop" "stop" ... Laughing
yanz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noname wrote:
nope. the reverse sensor doesnt inform you which side is going to hit "something". just a general... either left or right.

my friends said is quite annoying when the lady voice keep on saying "stop" "stop" "stop" "stop" ... Laughing

Actually it can.
For 'I sensor (talking sensor)', in the indicator panel, you noticed on the side panel of left and right there are an indicator bar just like battery bar in nokia's hand phone.
It is the distance indicator of left and right. If there is something in the left side during reverse, the bar on the left indicator will be higher compared in the right side. Furthermore the sound of distance will be different. It will give you the distance or right side and then the left side.

Please check by blocked one of your sensor using tape.
syazeeta
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my reverse sonsor and lights sometimes didnt work when i enggaged the reverse gear..has anyone encounter this problem before?any idea why this happened?
clkwa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I experience it before, its a switch problem at the gearbox. i had it replace it cost around RM65. after that its ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Exterior & Interior All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: