Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Future Of Hyundai In Malaysia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: The Future Of Hyundai In Malaysia Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Besides there will be 2 more models of Accent and Elantra coming with Aeroback style, KAH Bintang might swift manufacturing line as CBU (Complete Build Up), according to source. More news regarding the restructure of import and excess duties imposed on foreign and Asean CBU/CKD cars has further strengthern the rumors.

Today news regarding this issue has given a clearer picture regarding this issue.
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press the red new above u will get the article from
http://www.star-motoring.com/research/review.asp?file=/editorial/2005/nap0808.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....Hope the prices will come down further and have a healthier competition among car makers.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The import duties might went down a little but excise duties might risen to leverage the market price range for similar CC cars as Proton needs this "privileges" to survive. If solely taking this figure into account, Proton can get ready to close shop.

I believe we do heard about Mahatir's move to defend his first child "proton" car sales, he will do whatever he could, in some "ways" to ensure that Proton will remain competitive.

Look at the situation right now, oil prices hikes to USD60++ and our government is jacking up water, electricity, tolls and petrols in the short term of past six months... and if we look ahead, election is near the corner and the campaign needs money.

If you ever drive along PJ, especially SS2 and Seapark, you will notice that major roads has been reapply tars, why not they did this months ago? Where does the money comes from?

I think the car industry is just part of the game, if you familiar with Monopoly, you should know this well enough.

I personally do not see good future of Accent or Hyundai in Msia, why? Because Hyundai cars are sitting in between the cheap and expensive, and in the long run, people would choose a car that saves petrol, I bet Hyundai needs a long time to figure out how to achieve this !?
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help much. Malaysia boleh cause macam-macam ada mar.
Anyway, just enjoy our ride now.
david wrote:
The import duties might went down a little but excise duties might risen to leverage the market price range for similar CC cars as Proton needs this "privileges" to survive. If solely taking this figure into account, Proton can get ready to close shop.

I believe we do heard about Mahatir's move to defend his first child "proton" car sales, he will do whatever he could, in some "ways" to ensure that Proton will remain competitive.

Look at the situation right now, oil prices hikes to USD60++ and our government is jacking up water, electricity, tolls and petrols in the short term of past six months... and if we look ahead, election is near the corner and the campaign needs money.

If you ever drive along PJ, especially SS2 and Seapark, you will notice that major roads has been reapply tars, why not they did this months ago? Where does the money comes from?

I think the car industry is just part of the game, if you familiar with Monopoly, you should know this well enough.

I personally do not see good future of Accent or Hyundai in Msia, why? Because Hyundai cars are sitting in between the cheap and expensive, and in the long run, people would choose a car that saves petrol, I bet Hyundai needs a long time to figure out how to achieve this !?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pricing & Car Comparisons All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: