Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

from Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soulkipper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good and generous of you king kong. Maybe I'll try to test run this kind of forum (for connection and bandwidth usage) from my house) But I can't guarantee it yet as I'm quite bz now (expecting a baby by march). I will inform u guys once I found the scalability and stability of the machines and connections reach the satisfied level. Hopefully by hosting our own forum will reduce the cost of renting a server space. (we only have to pay the name handler only). As for time being we owe kingkong a BIG time.

Btw, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all accentians who celebrates Chinese New Year " Happy Chinese New Year and may you have a prosperous year ahead"

Dun forget, DRIVE safely guys. We need you at the forum hehehehe Very Happy
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingkong wrote:
dear all,

The last interuption was due to our account with the web hosting company has expired. I have paid USD 45.95 to renew our account for 1 more year. We may still need to pay more to increase our bandwidth.

Anyway, we will wait till the owner is back from his holiday (after 14th Feb) to discuss further on this.

I like to wish Happy Chinese New Year to all members. Drive safe and enjoy your holidays.

The Secretary..

kingkong,
u have paid the USD 45.95 * RM3.8 =RM174.61?
I thought the owner has made the payment according to his latest message with me ???? Rolling Eyes
I think we will discuss this issue after new CNY Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soulkipper wrote:
That's a good and generous of you king kong. Maybe I'll try to test run this kind of forum (for connection and bandwidth usage) from my house) But I can't guarantee it yet as I'm quite bz now (expecting a baby by march). I will inform u guys once I found the scalability and stability of the machines and connections reach the satisfied level. Hopefully by hosting our own forum will reduce the cost of renting a server space. (we only have to pay the name handler only). As for time being we owe kingkong a BIG time.

Btw, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all accentians who celebrates Chinese New Year " Happy Chinese New Year and may you have a prosperous year ahead"

Thank You soulkipper
good idea....& congra to u first
and hope u can help me (non-IT field guy) to maintain the forum with other moderators since u have promoted as one of the moderator...
and Happy Chinese New Year to ALL Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ycsteven

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soulkipper wrote:

agree with soulkipper too, maybe i can help up setting up the own server..bt don't have the clear idea yet, will asking one of my friend who are running his own server for his website.will keep posting up the info over here..
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Good to be back safely! Anyway to clear some confusion. Our hosting has expired on last January and Kingkong has paid for one more year. We need some contribution from the club member to keep the forum running Very Happy

It is a good move if we can host the forum ourself but do keep in mind, we will need more than just an broadband internet connection and web server to keep the forum running. Whoever going to host the forum will also need functioning DNS server to server the domain pointer from Internic.

Yearly domain charges still need to be paid to the registrar. Our current hosting provide 24 x 7 Customer support, UPS backup, multiple redundant leased line.

Club members have the right to choose which method preferred Laughing
soulkipper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I do realize that we still need to have nameserver to host this forum by ourselves. The main constraint is the machine itself. If only i have the suitable machine, probably it can be done as I've done it before.

Well for time being all we can do is to contribute lil bit to maintain our beloved forum. Like chkwong, I can contribute around 100-150 per annum.

Well i suggest we can appoint kingkong as the club treasurer Very Happy. Do we need to register our club and make it official? what do u think guys and gals??
tyran
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hosting own server need alot of efforts and "$" Confused
1. Internet connection
2. Server Hardware
3. Backup/Disaster Recovery
4. Security
5. Apps Licensing (unless hehehe...we dun care abt licensing..)
6. Forum (application maintenance)
7. Infrastructure maintenance
ect etc

unless we could put up some ads or having some car accessories shop doing some collaboration with us in which both parties earn some money blah blah blah...

or else

hosting by other is the most economical way:p
soulkipper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyran wrote:
Hosting own server need alot of efforts and "$" Confused
1. Internet connection
2. Server Hardware
3. Backup/Disaster Recovery
4. Security
5. Apps Licensing (unless hehehe...we dun care abt licensing..)
6. Forum (application maintenance)
7. Infrastructure maintenance
ect etc

unless we could put up some ads or having some car accessories shop doing some collaboration with us in which both parties earn some money blah blah blah...

or else

hosting by other is the most economical way:p

Good point tyran,

1. Internet connection - perhaps this is one of the constraint, definitely we can't afford any leased line as even streamyx or jband can't provide quite stable connection

2. Server hardware - Basically we dun need any production or high end servers to host our forum. This problem can be solved Smile

3. Backup - Again same as the point 2.

4. Security - This also can be solved.

5. Apps Licensing - So far even the current forum hosted on opensource platform using opensource apps. We can use any BSD/linux variants as OS, phpBB as the forum apps ( like the current forum), Apache(web engine) MySQL (as database ).

6. Same as above

7. Infrastructure mantenance - Well it's not that complicated as we initially thought.

However even though it is POSSIBLE to do it, there are few constraints that we have to consider, like full time technical person to maintain the forum and like the point 1, we simply can't afford to have one decent connection.

Like it or not, like tyrant said, the most practical ways is to let the forum to be hosted elsewhere and we can or shud contribute lil bit for its mantenance. Very Happy
chkwong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather pay than having headaches for DIY hosting...IMHO
kingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you chkwong and soulkipper for your pledge of offering financial support. I will consult with admin/kgbOy on what is our total annual cost of running this forum and post the figures heres and well as details on how to send your financial support to. I hope more members can step up to pledge financial support be it just RM10 or RM100...

thank you soulkipper for nominating me as treasurer as well.. Laughing sure u trust me with the club money? Laughing

For the mean time it is definately more economical to let the professionals host our forum until we reach a certain size.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingkong wrote:
Thank you chkwong and soulkipper for your pledge of offering financial support. I will consult with admin/kgbOy on what is our total annual cost of running this forum and post the figures heres and well as details on how to send your financial support to. I hope more members can step up to pledge financial support be it just RM10 or RM100...

thank you soulkipper for nominating me as treasurer as well.. Laughing sure u trust me with the club money? Laughing

For the mean time it is definately more economical to let the professionals host our forum until we reach a certain size.

First of all, I would like to thank you all club member that already pledged their monetary contribution to maintain the hosting/forum.

I myself will be able to contribute some amount of money to maintain the hosting/forum. Very Happy

I have no objection on appointing Kingkong as the club treasurer. This is good as we are planning to include Elantra and Sonata owner in our club.

The only cost to keep our hosting/forum online on yearly basis is the payment to the hosting company which Kingkong already paid for another year but I'm planning to upgrade the package to have a bigger bandwidth and storage space. I will have to discuss this with kingkong further.

We also would need our club webmaster help to update our webpage and forum logo ASAP.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: New Domain - myhyundaiclub.com Reply with quote

The club management is glad to announce that we have registered a new domain in view of our expansion plan to accomodate Elantra and Sonata owners in the club.

From now on, club members and visitors will be able to point their browser to www.myhyundaiclub.com to access our homepage and forum.
kingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: MyAccentClub now has 10GB bandwidth monthly Reply with quote

Dear Forummers,

I am happy to announce that our forum has upgraded to 10GB bandwidth monthly starting this month of March 2005.

See below just to give you some numbers on our previous month bandwidth utilisation.
Month MB
Jun-04 131.92
Jul-04 442.56
Aug-04 745.69
Sep-04 878.84
Oct-04 814.81
Nov-04 1,177.60
Dec-04 1,832.96
Jan-05 2,007.04
Feb-05 1,863.68

We are still short of a web master and graphic artist. Any volunteers?

Kingkong
Secretary/Treasurer/Slave for MyAccentClub 2005
slbeh
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: MyAccentClub now has 10GB bandwidth monthly Reply with quote

kingkong wrote:
Dear Forummers,

I am happy to announce that our forum has upgraded to 10GB bandwidth monthly starting this month of March 2005.

See below just to give you some numbers on our previous month bandwidth utilisation.
Month MB
Jun-04 131.92
Jul-04 442.56
Aug-04 745.69
Sep-04 878.84
Oct-04 814.81
Nov-04 1,177.60
Dec-04 1,832.96
Jan-05 2,007.04
Feb-05 1,863.68

Kingkong

TQ Slave for our MyAccentClub Laughing Laughing Laughing
marky
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: MyAccentClub now has 10GB bandwidth monthly Reply with quote

KingKong,
Keep up the good SLAVING :lol:work.
Anyway, my suggestion, in order to save on Capacity, I would suggest to remove old Forum/Topic to make way for other new one.

kingkong wrote:
Dear Forummers,

Month MB
Jun-04 131.92
Jul-04 442.56
Aug-04 745.69
Sep-04 878.84
Oct-04 814.81
Nov-04 1,177.60
Dec-04 1,832.96
Jan-05 2,007.04
Feb-05 1,863.68

Kingkong

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Club Announcements & News All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: