Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exhaust system

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aneipe
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Exhaust system Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Noticed that the forum has been quiet for quite sometime. Hope everyone is in good health.

I have a problem regarding my catalytic converter. Previously, it has trigger the engine check light. Now, i think it is clogged and affect my pick up a lot. My car feels like it has no power. So i was thinking of dumping the catalytic converter altogether and fix it with a standard extractor. But, my question is, whether there is a standard extractor for Accent and has anyone here done it before? or is there anything else i can do. Appreciate any kind of response from u guys.

By the way, my car is Accent 2005 model (registered 2009). Thanks.
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Exhaust system Reply with quote

aneipe wrote:
Hi guys,

Noticed that the forum has been quiet for quite sometime. Hope everyone is in good health.

I have a problem regarding my catalytic converter. Previously, it has trigger the engine check light. Now, i think it is clogged and affect my pick up a lot. My car feels like it has no power. So i was thinking of dumping the catalytic converter altogether and fix it with a standard extractor. But, my question is, whether there is a standard extractor for Accent and has anyone here done it before? or is there anything else i can do. Appreciate any kind of response from u guys.

By the way, my car is Accent 2005 model (registered 2009). Thanks.

i did that to my car after 1 year. better response on pick up and growling sound... about 15-20 bhp improvement.
my setup was 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, 3.0" to centre box then 2.5" to titanium exhaust muffler... just make sure is all stainless steel. ruffly rm500 to spend if u plan to do whole setup.

the more green thing to do is replace with another catalytic converter. Very Happy

JamesC © HACM Windscreen Sticker® ™
chkwong

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamesc, where did your exhaust? Any sensor need to disable etc. etc.? Can PM me the details if you don't mind?
jaraju
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Exhaust system Reply with quote

aneipe wrote:
Hi guys,

I think it's a little quiet here cuz many Accent owners have moved on to newer cars Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: