Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sport rims not perfectly circular (bend)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Sport rims not perfectly circular (bend) Reply with quote

Both of my sport rims at front tyre are bend little bit cause by hitting path hole. Then the steering handle become shacking and vibrate when speed reach 100 km/h above. Just send to tyre shop for balancing, also not solve the problem. The tyre shop guy tell me to repair the bend cost about RM 60 each rims. Or changes for new rims. If any members have same situation like me, please guide for better actions.
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

though it never happened to me before, but i still can advice. BUY NEW RIMS...hehehe....better than having the doubt of the crack/dent/warp coming back like a disease.
also when choosing, dun la go BSA JRD K2 Kspeed etc...those are el cheapo material.
u wan good rims but affordable, K-II would be alright. so far ppl i know who own K-II have rims lifespan of 2 years.
mine is TSW, so far 3 years very tahan lasak.
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happen at very very dark night when i travel down hill from cameron highland to simpang pulai town. At the middle journey, i tail one 5 ton lorry very close before want to overtake. But somehow, before i ready to overtake that lorry, the lorry driver go to right lane like want to overtake some motobike. Unfortunately, the lorry driver avoid big & deep hole on left road and I didnt saw it and hit very very hard.BANGGGG!!!. Bad luck that night. Lucky my rims is not local made. Imported from taiwan. Boleh tahan keras jugak la. Only bend outside flange. Nothing happen or injured to my tyre. If local rims, I thinks will damage badly also tyre broken. JKR, we all pay road tax and when this happen tu us can we claim cost of damage to you?
mki88
General Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck bro. Luckily your new set of tires are not damage. No experience in this but since the foreman said it can be fixed with RM60 per rim then I think u should give it a try. Sound much more economic than changing the whole set.

PS - I also want to claim the bill from JKR for terrible condition of road that damaged my bodykit.
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changing my mind for repairing the rims. I also want to advice those who want to purchase new sport rims, 15",16" or 17". Please check and double confirm first the quality and thickness of rim. Mau rim ringan?? ok but masuk lubang? Now I still searching another rims for replace my damage rim.
Accent_G
General Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Sport rims not perfectly circular (bend) Reply with quote

zam79 wrote:
Both of my sport rims at front tyre are bend little bit cause by hitting path hole. Then the steering handle become shacking and vibrate when speed reach 100 km/h above. Just send to tyre shop for balancing, also not solve the problem. The tyre shop guy tell me to repair the bend cost about RM 60 each rims. Or changes for new rims. If any members have same situation like me, please guide for better actions.

Yep sorry to hear that, myself also kena many times... Shocked
nowadays most roads all in bad condition...potholes everywhere, tampal also dun last long...
Anyway...if u have budgets better change rim...coz if u wait too long then it will effect ur tyre too..it will 'makan' one side of ur tyre & tyres not uneven.

But if u plan to just repair it...u can do it cheaper in Klang rim shop, can get less than RM60 per pc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zam79
General Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bro.... I will update the status of my planning next post. Waiting salary bank-in to my account. he he he
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: