Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOW FAST IS OUR ACCENT??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AhBeng1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesc wrote:
on way back from uni today, saw student wanna lansi his proton putra. coming back from cyberjaya, can hear that putra loud and clear....like 3inch exhaust...he lansi me like eye contact language, so i signaled my hand inviting him to race down to the puchong toll.
so vroom vroom la....went to speeds of 140kmh...i tailgate him so blardy close until my heart thumping like mad. was blasting my stereo yet can hear the blardy exhaust....sounded like his engine was stressing...heavily modded and red color summore.
i overtook the bugger and went past the esso station, now climbing uphill, flashing cars in front....the putra can barely catch up....could see his face become black...wat a lol..after pay toll, i went middle lane, saw him pass by and give thumbs up...
well, my advantage was maybe my tank wasnt full, quarter only that time...so was lighter..also his putra got huge 17inch rims....
anyways, good run..adreneline rush..... like they say "bunyi macam ribut, jalan macam siput" .

good job!!! next, lets aim for evo. he he Twisted Evil
i like what you say "bunyi macam ribut, jalan macam siput", just like someone in my office. talk a lot, do nothing. ha ha.

amaran daripade AhBeng1: as i say, drive with balls and brain.
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

word of encouragement...

when you want to race or smoke the other car, remember - safety come first. we dont want to see any accident cause by it...

will regret once you kena. *my friends - race and slip from the road, causing his friend in his car - dead. now regret for life*...
shane82

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: hih Reply with quote

james..if ppl want to lansi let them lansi..thats what everyone say safety first..but for me same to u, once ppl lansi to me, i race with them..haha..

sometimes really hard to control..but i control alot already..hehe..but just last week i run with honda civic(latest) 2.0L..maximum i loss in pick up..that time very pai seh...not i lansi that honda first, but the honda lansi to me fiz..so just play for fun with him..so now i really want to modified pick up first..any opinion??

yah..i tried before at kesas 170km....thats nice...stable.......haha

sh@ne @ RX-S
kevinyong
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max speed done at 160 KM/H on the Highway following a BMW 3series.......HAHAHA
- Micro Compressor
- Fuel Magnetic
- Voltage Stabilizer
Install at 31/10/2006
After FC - 8.30 L / 100KM
osaga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For top speed,
Do not to belive the spedometer.Its depends on your tyre and rims size.
Normally i heard and read on this forum,many can achieve the average 160km,but i think the actually spedd only 150-155km/h.I think the manufacturer not re-set the meter according to the tyre size what we use in Malaysia market. Evil or Very Mad I had test my car pass the speedcather near the Sprint highway,many times coz x puas hati Evil or Very Mad .If my meter show 80km/h,in the electronic board show "70km/h" only.except if i drove my Kancil it can give the accurate according to our meter.

Some more, some of the meter either car,motorcycle-when u reach a certain speed e.g.>120km/h that meter can consider "ringan"..

if im not mistake,if standard wira 1.5 with our standard accent,w/o any mod-for top speed just let them go lah..coz i had try many times 1.3 wira can achieve 170km/h (only with open pod air filter)& standard rims.
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no offense but i dun quite understand what kinda of theory is this.
mozahari
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
not all proton cars you can fight... iswara, wira, saga, satria 1.3 and savvy only niah... Waja, Gen2, Perdana cannot ler.

darrenr35 wrote:
i reckon that i can do it less then 13 sec cos i was quite slow when i shift to 2nd gear..... so wat car can we beat besides proton cars?

Have try before to follow savy at LPT (Lebuhraya Pantai Timur).
First i maintain at 160km/h with 20m from savy (mine at back). After few second that savy increase speed to 180km/h. I am still follow that savy for just 30sec before i drop back to my standard speed at 120-130km/h.

Have try before with Honda Accord 2.0 and mine reach max speed at 185km/h. (mine still at back-makan asap je).

Just to Test max Speed ONLY. But i can feel that car is not stable when it reach 180km/h.
kevin203

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes race with other car is depending on the driver as well. Some driver might have a good car but they not dare to drive fast. Dun think that our car can race a Honda Civic for eg. thats no way for us to do that.

If you dun believe try a test drive on that car then you will know the difference. I manage to drive over many car in highway including 1.8cc and 2.0cc but i dun think is my car which fast.

but our Accent is way better than many 1.5cc car. modify your perfomance is just for your interest and not to race la.
mki88
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is a Accent 2003 Manual. No problem running at 185 km/h on North South Highway. For 1.5cc car, I'm quite happy with the performance. I've tailed lot of modified local cars on LDP, smart tunnel, and most of the highway. Couldn't overun but manage to follow tight or overtake them during cornering. However I've been smoked by a Cefiro 3.0 and BMW 3 series at 180 km/h. No way to even follow them.

However I found that the pick up isn't really good. Really wish I could have 1.8cc and 16V engine under the hood.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: