Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

17" sport rims anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. 185/60/14 for stock standard car and 195/55/15 for 15" upgrade is the correct choice, from factors of economic to protecting the rims, perfectly nothing wrong.

2. tyre too small like 175/65/14 will suffer from stability, we cant compare Accent weight with MyVi, VIOS or any perodua. sometimes weight give another side of benefits such as safety and stability, of course should be proportional with the power output.

3. if really want the mother of weight, don't buy Accent, buy an Iswara or Lotus Elise, sure u wont regret it.

4. and dont forget, MT is meant for serious performance owners.
hcgui
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Accent is designed for 175/70/13. this size is d stock standard tyre for d market in US *(and also Singapore i believe). our stock 185/60/14 here is actually an option tyre in d US, as is 185/55/15.

d 3% rule is mainly affecting the speedo reading. of cos 195/55/15 tyre gives better handling, comfort n more protection for d suspension, but 50 series tyre will giv more accurate speedo reading, as of 175/70/13 and 185/60/14, as these 3 sizes gives u similar diameters. tat's also d reason y our manual recommends 185/55/15, not 195/55/15.

Last edited by hcgui on Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i think KB is not that stupid forgotten to recalibrate their speedometer to pass PUSPAKOM with 185/60/14 and 195/55/15

well, to use 55 series not only protecting suspension and comfort the driver, but also protect our rims.

and another well is, yes those size are optional at US... but my friend, here is Malaysia, our bolehland road condition is different from US (straight, less holes, flat...). each car makers will deploy the right size of tyre for each different countries.

our mileage is vary.
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no matter what. the speedometer reading for 195/55R15 ... wont be so much different to 195/50R15.... maybe only 2 to 3kmph... so doesnt matter.

as long is comfort ride, is good enough.
komeng
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: then.... Reply with quote

then anybody want to sell 16" r 17" rims...i want to try buy one to know the different....

emmm....any suggestion where to get it below rm1k...
chinhai8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pls refer to buying and section section..I think they got somebody selling 2nd hand japanese rims which suit for your budget. Very Happy
blar blar john
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: right way u can choose from here.. Reply with quote

komeng wrote:
then anybody want to sell 16" r 17" rims...i want to try buy one to know the different....

emmm....any suggestion where to get it below rm1k...

hi bro,all about car parts,performance parts,all about car things,juz call me at 017-297 2007,im john,autoparts agent.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wheel, Tyre, Suspension & Safe Operation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: