Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Good SC at penang Island??

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Frequently Ask Questions for New Accent Owners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chankarchun
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Any Good SC at penang Island?? Reply with quote

I just bought a new accent, tomorrow only will get the car.
So I want to get some recommandation on good SCin penang, so i won't get a headache afterward.

Thanks.

my number 1141... you may see me on the road soon. Laughing
chriscctan
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: SC in penang Reply with quote

Hi Very Happy , the only KBSC in Penang Island is located behind Honda SC at JLN Perak. For far their service are so so, but due to warranty, i have no choice to service there. Please go early if you decide to service your car on Saturday....it like a war zone there.... Rolling Eyes
ropai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you mean Jalan Sg Pinang?

btw, across the road from Honda showroom is another Hyundai Authorized Service Center. anyone tried that workshop before?
chankarchun
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chriscctan wrote:
Hi , the only KBSC in Penang Island is located behind Honda SC at JLN Perak. For far their service are so so, but due to warranty, i have no choice to service there. Please go early if you decide to service your car on Saturday....it like a war zone there....

I also feel the service there not very good so i ask for a better one.

ropai wrote:

btw, across the road from Honda showroom is another Hyundai Authorized Service Center. anyone tried that workshop before?

you mean there are 2 SC around the same area?
ropai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chankarchun wrote:
chriscctan wrote:
Hi , the only KBSC in Penang Island is located behind Honda SC at JLN Perak. For far their service are so so, but due to warranty, i have no choice to service there. Please go early if you decide to service your car on Saturday....it like a war zone there....

I also feel the service there not very good so i ask for a better one.

ropai wrote:

you mean there are 2 SC around the same area?

KBSC Sg Pinang failed to find the source of rattling in my dashboard, the aircond service shop Banly Auto at Jalan Jelutong found it instead... (and fixed it FOC)

Yes there are 2 SC, but the one across the road is not KBSC. The next time you go for service, walk to the the Honda showroom and you can see it across the road. If you decide to try it, let me know ok?

And try not to go KBSC on Saturday, they have limited staff to handle the crowd. I normally go on Mondays.

p/s: look out for my black GLS, 3 digit number XYX. If you see me say hi ok? Cool
chankarchun
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not much choice for SCin penang, sienz....
my rear windscreen got sth blur blur in it, so it was not clear...
the SC can not wash it and ask me to go to the tint shop...
after take out the tint layer also, wash for 1 hour also blur blur...

then after one week, I went back to SC to claim the back windscreen...
they need to wait KL approval.. now already 4 days liao, also no news from SC... Evil or Very Mad

Heard that the 10 of Nov korean engineer will come to penang SC, If this problem cannot fix by that time... will make complaint to them..
tkchuan
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also don like KBSC, everytime i go there service my car, and i told them pls check something for me...but finally they din check for me....one more problem is the fog light also blow off....i change the light till crazy....anyone have any good solution??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
accentmaniac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkchuan wrote:
I also don like KBSC, everytime i go there service my car, and i told them pls check something for me...but finally they din check for me....one more problem is the fog light also blow off....i change the light till crazy....anyone have any good solution??

Fog light change outside accessories shop. much more cheaper also ~RM15 only

If you all happen to go to mainland, you can try Hyunmal service center, its actuall authorize hyundai service center also, located opposite the Pacific Megamall
1) Micro Compressor & super magnetic
2) "MaxSpeed" VS & 5pts Grounding
3) "K&N" Air Filter & "Hot Bit" Strut Bar
chriscctan
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Discovered a service centre in Penang Island Reply with quote

For those staying in Penang Island, not sure if good news but there is another authorised service centre for hyundai car opposite Honda/Kah Bintang showroom in JLN Sg Pinang. (on the main room before you take a turn into current KBSC) The SC (CARTECH) is next to shop selling car window tinting service and difficult to notice, but you should see a signboard written with blue paint job (hyundai authourised sc). I had took my car there for some paint job and wax (involved in accident) and so far the service was good. Planned to go there for service.

Cartech Auto Centre
171N, Jln Sungai Pinang, 10150 Jelutong, Pulau Pinang
04-281 3348
ctang
General Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent my Elantra to Cartech and so far I'm satisfied with their good service, done ATF flushing with original Hyundai SPIII, engine oil, brake oil and service. In fact they cover most of the car services including air con service.

Would recommend to all Hyundai car owners..
chankarchun
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the recomendation. will go for the SC oppsite honda after my 3rd service...

my car still 3300 km only after driving for half year... Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Frequently Ask Questions for New Accent Owners All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: