Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sudden lost of power
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Engine & Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
noname
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 1548
Location: Petaling Jaya

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh... tt's time they unable to find out the problem... so simply blame it on my accessories. i scolded them for it... for simply blame on my accessories - e.g. fitting the HID can cause ECU problem??? ahahahaha...

so far, i dont think KBSC have the equipment to check the ECU setting. they cant even tell whether the ECU programming is original or after-market programming ... as claimed by autosyn.

so dont hope so much on Jln Ipoh. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
autosyn
Junior Member


Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 131
Location: PJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noname wrote:
oh... tt's time they unable to find out the problem... so simply blame it on my accessories. i scolded them for it... for simply blame on my accessories - e.g. fitting the HID can cause ECU problem??? ahahahaha...

so far, i dont think KBSC have the equipment to check the ECU setting. they cant even tell whether the ECU programming is original or after-market programming ... as claimed by autosyn.

so dont hope so much on Jln Ipoh. Wink


The SC only has a very simple diagnostic scanner. The scanner only can read information from the sensors. they can also clear trouble code if there is an error signal from the sensors. Our ECU tuning is done at the base program level. the scanner doesn't read the ECU program so it will not know if there has been changes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mozahari
General Member


Joined: 28 Jun 2004
Posts: 28
Location: Ampang, Selangor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to share my experience with you all. Similar with Eugene jk problem but my car only likes loosing power and then pickup using top gear, some time at traffic light the car will start moving on normal pickup when rpm reach to 2000 (jerking). Speed will reduce a little bit and at speed 100km/h rpm up to 2400.
On 30th Dec 2006, send to Jln Ipoh SC-check throttle sensor, check cable plug and check spark plug. Using diagnostic scanner- verify that plug no 3 misfire (Change spark plug).
After 2 day this problem happens again. On 3rd Jan 2007, send back to Jln Ipoh SC for the 2nd inspection. Using diagnostic scanner-verify that cable plug no. 4 loose cause of the loosing power. Advice to change the cable plugs no. 4.
On 5th Jan 2007, source out from outside spare part shop (Express Mobis) at Jln Segambut. They sell it RM105 for 1set of cable plug (original korea but not original Hyundai).
When engine become hot this occur again. On 16th Jan 2007, go back to Jln Ipoh SC and they advice me to change only cable plug no.4 from them not from outside spare part cause that cable is not original. Change only cable plug no.4 (cost me RM26.70).
On 18th Jan 2007 going back to Jln Ipoh SC, and this time chef Forman identify the problem is from purge control not full function. Need to change purge control(cost me RM230+). After that….until now all went back to normal.
_________________
beleave me i know i drive an automatic you dont have to remind me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
noname
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 1548
Location: Petaling Jaya

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, my case is similar to your but i didnt change anything. what i did is reset the ECU by un-plug one of the battery cable for around 20 mins. then put it back and everything is alright.

until now, very smooth and no problem.

look like you have sacrifice a lot of time going back and forth to KBSC. for me, i will ask them to check and replace whole thing... darn tedious for us to go back and forth without detect any problem. they only can suspect and ask us to change. if still exist, we paid for the part for nothing...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Accent RXS06
General Member


Joined: 05 Sep 2007
Posts: 1
Location: Perak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi noname, i'm new here. I have a prob. which happened around this 4 months. I owned rxs 2006 until the 4 months, every time i take u- turn or medium to sharp corner, there is sudden loss of power and gaining back a few sec later. i went to kb teluk intan and they said my fuel tank is lack of gas, and advice me to fill-in. it correct the prob. but thing that bother me is, the gas indicator haven't shine yet( of course it at low gas mark) and before this it never happened even the indicator is shined. Please give some advice and guidance. Thanks a lot. Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
noname
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 1548
Location: Petaling Jaya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accent RXS06 wrote:
hi noname, i'm new here. I have a prob. which happened around this 4 months. I owned rxs 2006 until the 4 months, every time i take u- turn or medium to sharp corner, there is sudden loss of power and gaining back a few sec later. i went to kb teluk intan and they said my fuel tank is lack of gas, and advice me to fill-in. it correct the prob. but thing that bother me is, the gas indicator haven't shine yet( of course it at low gas mark) and before this it never happened even the indicator is shined. Please give some advice and guidance. Thanks a lot. Crying or Very sad


im not too sure about your problem. mine is cause by ECU itself...

for your case, when your petrol is almost reaching to "E" and take sharp corner.... so the petrol will go to other side of the tank ... causing it lack of gas ... and you will lost some power. this logic can be true.

anyway, if you have time, just reset your ECU and see whether the problem still occur or not. no harm on trying it... just that the ECU need to re-record your driving style again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is something happened in nature because we shifted car body during cornering. what my practice to avoid this is to pump full or near full tank when left 1/4 tank. lolx............
_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
quahet75
General Member


Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 41
Location: KL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened to my car before as well. Sometimes when I pressed the gas pedal, the car seemed got no power at all. It took a few seconds to regain the power. I sent my car to SC Jlan Ipoh to check. They said it was due to the purge control or solenoid (Am I right?). The purge control gave too much fuel to go into the engine so it became too wet. They wanted to change it but there was no stock at that moment. So, they washed it and told me sometimes it might be because of the dirtiness. At first, when I drove my car, it seemed OK. But, after a while, the problem re-occurred. So, I sent mr car back to the SC again. This time, they had to order the solenoid and changed it. No more problem until now. Touch wood! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eugene jk
Junior Member


Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Posts: 132
Location: Kajang

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I remember I was the one to initiate this post 8 months ago and guess what, I haven't fix the problem yet.

However, thru some observation, I notice that:

1) It happen when my fuel is less than 1/4 of the indicator and while I press harder on the pedal to gain more power, it lost power awhile and gain back again.

2) It happen when my fuel is less than 1/4 of the indicator and while I was taking U turn, it lost power awhile and gain back again.

3) It usually happen on 2nd gear (AT).

4) To overcome this problem (short term solution), always keep the fuel level above 1/4, then the car will be in normal condition..

Weird huh~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
noname
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 1548
Location: Petaling Jaya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eugene jk wrote:
Hi guys,

I remember I was the one to initiate this post 8 months ago and guess what, I haven't fix the problem yet.

However, thru some observation, I notice that:

1) It happen when my fuel is less than 1/4 of the indicator and while I press harder on the pedal to gain more power, it lost power awhile and gain back again.

2) It happen when my fuel is less than 1/4 of the indicator and while I was taking U turn, it lost power awhile and gain back again.

3) It usually happen on 2nd gear (AT).

4) To overcome this problem (short term solution), always keep the fuel level above 1/4, then the car will be in normal condition..

Weird huh~


did you highlight these to KBSC?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
chankarchun
General Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2005
Posts: 81
Location: penang

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eugene jk wrote:
Hi guys,

I remember I was the one to initiate this post 8 months ago and guess what, I haven't fix the problem yet.

However, thru some observation, I notice that:

1) It happen when my fuel is less than 1/4 of the indicator and while I press harder on the pedal to gain more power, it lost power awhile and gain back again.

2) It happen when my fuel is less than 1/4 of the indicator and while I was taking U turn, it lost power awhile and gain back again.

3) It usually happen on 2nd gear (AT).

4) To overcome this problem (short term solution), always keep the fuel level above 1/4, then the car will be in normal condition..

Weird huh~


will it be fuel pump problem ?
cause i think this will only happen when the fuel indicator point at Empty. 1/4 tank is quite much fuel already.
_________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
jef
General Member


Joined: 08 Mar 2005
Posts: 47
Location: Penang

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On sunday 30 sept, i travel from Sp to Alor star, speeding around 110 suddenly the engine jerking in a second, engine light also ON. But normal again. This morning i need 3 times to start the engine......WHY?????


2 yr +++++ accent m/t
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jamesc
Elite Member


Joined: 27 Nov 2005
Posts: 1138
Location: Klang Valley, KL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jef wrote:
On sunday 30 sept, i travel from Sp to Alor star, speeding around 110 suddenly the engine jerking in a second, engine light also ON. But normal again. This morning i need 3 times to start the engine......WHY?????


2 yr +++++ accent m/t


time to change ur airflow sensor...also see throttle body and exhaust manifold for any carbon build-up...
_________________


JamesC © HACM Windscreen Sticker® ™
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Engine & Electrical All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group