Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Major service is needed, need advice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
torniquet
General Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Major service is needed, need advice Reply with quote

I just bought a hyundai accent 2nd hand recently....
i think the previous owner have never really done any service at all....and the warranty is over liao....

So this is the problem...
1. When im driving around 50-80kph or everytime the gear is about to change, there is (er er er) sound....and its annoying....
2. My air-con is not tat cool or windy...today i open up the air con filter..is black in colour(gosh!!)...so other then changing the filter...any other parts need to be change....???
3. My FC also is quite high.....after using more then a quarter of petrol from the petrol indicator....i hav only travel around 150km....will changing the air-filter to like K&N help????
4. my brake pad also botak liao....changing to Hyundai original is RM220,
bosch is RM160..or changing to other OEM is better??? and wat is the price????
5. my rear drum brake is there any need to change????
6. and my ride is also a little bumpy....everytime i go over the bump...there is also an eik eik sound from behind.....i dont noe is my suspension or the boot lifter (mine is a hatchback btw)

hope all the big sifu here can help me.....cuz i really hope to make my ride better....i hope i didnt break any rules posting different topic in the same section cuz i dont wan to open a new thread in every section...hehe

Thx in advance ya.....
clkwa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Major service is needed, need advice Reply with quote

torniquet wrote:
I just bought a hyundai accent 2nd hand recently....
i think the previous owner have never really done any service at all....and the warranty is over liao....

So this is the problem...
1. When im driving around 50-80kph or everytime the gear is about to change, there is (er er er) sound....and its annoying....
2. My air-con is not tat cool or windy...today i open up the air con filter..is black in colour(gosh!!)...so other then changing the filter...any other parts need to be change....???
3. My FC also is quite high.....after using more then a quarter of petrol from the petrol indicator....i hav only travel around 150km....will changing the air-filter to like K&N help????
4. my brake pad also botak liao....changing to Hyundai original is RM220,
bosch is RM160..or changing to other OEM is better??? and wat is the price????
5. my rear drum brake is there any need to change????
6. and my ride is also a little bumpy....everytime i go over the bump...there is also an eik eik sound from behind.....i dont noe is my suspension or the boot lifter (mine is a hatchback btw)

hope all the big sifu here can help me.....cuz i really hope to make my ride better....i hope i didnt break any rules posting different topic in the same section cuz i dont wan to open a new thread in every section...hehe

Thx in advance ya.....

Hopes this helps,

1, I think changing the gear oil might help, secondly do ask someone to take a look at it.

2, Air-con,hm...Last time i also experience that air-con not so cold and also not so much wind, had the air-con filter clean and its working fine now. If after you change the filter or clean it still the same than ask someone take a look at it, it might be not enough gas.

3, FC quite high, maybe a full service like engine flush, engine treatment, injector cleaning, change air filter like K&N (dont expect too much help), change sparkplug. This might help..but monitor, its also subjective like how you drive and so on. but see those few things help improve abit.

4, Try EBC, black OEM, rm 145. I'm using it..not bad. not alot of dust. Starting might have lots than later it will be less.

5. Rear Drum Brake go check check, i already change twice front, back still ok. but just for the safe side check it, it require just hyundai oem will do.

6, Bumpy, eik eik sound should be suspension, it might be rosak, had it check, last time i also encounter some sound its just the screw is not tight enough so got sound, better check it.

These are the things i know. hope its helps you.
torniquet
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. wat ATF oil is good??????
2. hmm...ya gonna do tat but wat is the price for aircon filter...
3. engine flush, engine treatment, injector cleaning, change air filter like K&N....which 1 should i go 1st....those engine cleaning and flush how much would it cost???
4. EBC Black stuff???? RM145 where u get it?????
5. how to check....wat do i tell the guy.......then wat is the price for replacement???
6. wa....if rosak die lor....replacement sure gonna kill me....
clkwa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

torniquet wrote:
1. wat ATF oil is good??????
2. hmm...ya gonna do tat but wat is the price for aircon filter...
3. engine flush, engine treatment, injector cleaning, change air filter like K&N....which 1 should i go 1st....those engine cleaning and flush how much would it cost???
4. EBC Black stuff???? RM145 where u get it?????
5. how to check....wat do i tell the guy.......then wat is the price for replacement???
6. wa....if rosak die lor....replacement sure gonna kill me....

1) ATF i think in the forum they state SP3 or something, if u dont mind go throught it and see if that helps, cos i drive manual.

2) Air con air filter roughly RM 180.

3) Engine flush and treatment not expensive, less than 100 for both. Injector cleaning 100+. K&N Air filter i think 200+ can get. Do flush and treatment first, its the cheapest, than airfilter, than only injector. Or either way.

4) EBC i got it from seremban, Advan Racing. Kakimotor also got sell.

5) just ask them to help you check on it too see if you need to change or not. ask them dismantle and see.

6) if rosak i ask before ori hyundai is 380 a piece, Koni is 500 a piece, D2 Adjustable is 3300 for 4, HWL adjustable is 2K+. I used Koni before now using D2. Maybe there are cheaper one out there. But been very busy didnt ask much.

Hopes this help you better. If you can scroll through the forum you can get more information. Cheers dude.
torniquet
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3. If engine flush and treament, can i do it in Hyundai SC or outside better....engine flush mean i hav to change engine oil again? cuz i just change it recently...

4. Hmm the EBC RM145 is for both side or 1 side only...
if 1 side only mean 145 x 2.....tat is expensive liao....

6. is those GAB suspension good....?? hmm suspension quite expensive la...haha

i did go through the forum....but didnt find the answer i was looking for...haha
clkwa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

torniquet wrote:
3. If engine flush and treament, can i do it in Hyundai SC or outside better....engine flush mean i hav to change engine oil again? cuz i just change it recently...

4. Hmm the EBC RM145 is for both side or 1 side only...
if 1 side only mean 145 x 2.....tat is expensive liao....

6. is those GAB suspension good....?? hmm suspension quite expensive la...haha

i did go through the forum....but didnt find the answer i was looking for...haha

3 Engine flush and treatment can be done in hyundai SC or outside depends on you. both should be same. if afraid than go back SC.

4. EBC is for both side. Usually sell in pair.

6. Gab suspension, not too sure. dont think they have any suspension for Accent. But if you know any do share with us.
AhBeng1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Major service is needed, need advice Reply with quote

Just My little advice Cool Cool Cool ...

just go and have a full body check-up (as there are many hidden problem where you may not know), let the pro do it.

send your car to any workshop you know... ask them is any problem with the car (told them it's a second hand car that you just brought)... they will check it for you (I don't think it's need any $$$$ lah)... and ask them for a repair list (include $$$$ and materia to fix it)

to prevent kena potong Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ... just browse a few more shop... just give the reasons that you do not brings any money yet...

just for your info Wink Wink Wink ... normally the workshop will advice you to change the timing belt, and it's correct to do so (as you don't know when the previous owner do it).

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

remark:
if the workshop potong you... don't look at me, I can't help it if they do so...
if the workshop give you fake product... also don't look at me, I also can't help it if they do so...
if the workshop charge you for the testing... also don't look at me, I really can't help it if they do so...

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ropai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aiyooo... no offense, but if you're too worried about maintenance charges on a car (not mods, i'm talking pure regular maintenance), perhaps you shouldn't be owning a car yet.

that's what my trusted mechanic of 15 years (who serviced all my family cars) told me.

again i stress, no offense to anyone. just repeating what he said. bottomline is, go to your trusted mechanic. try to replace malfunctioning items with original parts first, then when you have the car running properly with no problems - start to upgrade from there.
torniquet
General Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

today when to service my car....just changed this few component...

1. Front brake pad....change to Bendix Metal King Titanium - RM95
2. Rear brake lining...Hyundai Original - RM75
3. Air-con filter.....Hyundai Original - RM75
4. Rear power window gear - RM130 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

havent fully tested out the car yet....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Engine & Electrical All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: