Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Increase Car Performance ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmylee
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chkwong, yes you are correct if we update the ECU our car performance will increase BUT the cost is around RM900.00, like clkwa said changing those :

spark plug
plug cable
K&N filter ( already change )
full set exhaust system
pivot raizin spark

i believe changing all that wont coz me RM900.00, please correct me if im wrong. is there any different between changing all those acc or update ECU make different? o the results of the output is the same?
sharirm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theprice is about as stated; spark plugs = rm140, plug cable = rm100, K&N = rm250, exhaust full system = rm600, pivot = rm150.

however i guess to the get the best out of it, after you done it all, then you go and get the ECU remapped....nice.
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmylee wrote:
chkwong, yes you are correct if we update the ECU our car performance will increase BUT the cost is around RM900.00, like clkwa said changing those :

spark plug
plug cable
K&N filter ( already change )
full set exhaust system
pivot raizin spark

i believe changing all that wont coz me RM900.00, please correct me if im wrong. is there any different between changing all those acc or update ECU make different? o the results of the output is the same?

changing all the items above will increase the performance BUT will affect your FC - especially on exhaust system.

changing the ECU - u can get the performance immediately and can save FC. thus if you add the item above, more value added. Wink
chkwong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had checked many times the pros and cons, in the end, took the ECU remap. Car stock standard.
clkwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree partially with noname, i did change my exhaust system and the above mention. even open pod filter, I can travel using 1 tank of fuel roughly RM72, to go Cameran highland and back to kl, in between did speed a bit roughly 130km/h to 140km/h. But i managed to travel 520+ km.

agree on u can get the most out of the mod when u remap or add piggy back to the ECU. It will further enhance the car's performance by adjusting the Air fuel ratio correctly.

Cheers. Happy modding to everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: