Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open POD Air Filter.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharirm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have one big question, even after reading all the previous post, still dont really understand. Crying or Very sad

from what i understand, if you put open pod into a A/T, your FC will increase because "you press more due to liking the vroom vroom". how about if you drive like usual and not stepping on the pedal ?

if we can make an Open pod with the best heatshield /air box, will the effect be too different from the stock filter in a sense of FC and performance ?

Why is the pick up different when cruising in town with A/T using open pod or stock filter ? is it simply because of the temperature of the air or something else ?
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep...hot air normally combusts at lower rate cos most particles are reduced in size (expansion of molecules)... so cooler air would be better. the heatbox/shield is to absorb hot air and distribute to the chassis and other parts covering the open pod from hot air. i myself tested on hks open pod with heatshield, really great...but city drivin better avoid la...

JamesC © HACM Windscreen Sticker® ™
sharirm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info jamesc,
so that means we can use open pod for A/T with unsignificant change in FC.
but again, why cannot use in town ?, is it because even with the heatshield the open pod still suck hot air, is it ?
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharirm wrote:
thanks for the info jamesc,
so that means we can use open pod for A/T with unsignificant change in FC.
but again, why cannot use in town ?, is it because even with the heatshield the open pod still suck hot air, is it ?

humidity of cities...when its more crowded, more co2, co and other toxic gasses around, making ur pod more difficult to breathe. esp when u are stuck in a jam, ur not moving, the air sucked in are not circulated, its just air 10x10x10 feet from ur car...

easier to understand, if u are in a crowded bus, u feel warm, everyone around u is breathing, so built up of other gasses are around making o2 insufficient. now imagine the bus is empty, same environment, but u alone are using the whole bus space to urself, isnt it much easier to breathe? isnt it cooler?

it is not to say cannot use, its just advisable not to use because hotter air makes ur engine gasp for o2 and might stall/ overheat or drink more fuel to sustain power. the shield works best when the car is moving. i hope i have cleared up questionmarks ...

JamesC © HACM Windscreen Sticker® ™
sharirm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks you so much jamesc. Very Happy
to summarise, dont use open pod in cities as the heatshiled is not as good as the air box of drop in filters.
sharirm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to share something i asked from to K&N. anyway, the K&N sure fit in Malaysia s Accent. Very Happy

Dear K&N Customer,

The intake system that we have for the Hyundai Accents are designed only for European vehicles and may not fit a vehicle designed for and sold in the USA. As for the manual vs. automatic transmission, unless we specifically say only for one type of transmission, the kit will work perfectly on either.

If you have any additional questions, please contact our Customer Support Department at 1-(800)-858-3333.

Thank you for choosing K&N,

James Johnston

Customer Support & Technical Representative,

K&N Engineering, Inc.

jamesj@knfilters.com

Phone: (800) 858-3333
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: