Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stabilizing system???

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darrenr35
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Stabilizing system??? Reply with quote

actually i'm wondering do we have multipoint strut bar,centre room bar, rear multipoint bar and front/rear anti roll bar...... Very Happy
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Stabilizing system??? Reply with quote

darrenr35 wrote:
actually i'm wondering do we have multipoint strut bar,centre room bar, rear multipoint bar and front/rear anti roll bar...... Very Happy

i belief we have it... just that we dont know where to look for it. perhap overseas have it or korea have it... but not in m'sia... unless custom made.
darrenr35
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, then if its custom made it should be expensive..... Very Happy
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

checkout car mod magazine like Extrmekars or Hypertune... i seen before.
darrenr35
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ussually saw the 2 point front strut bar only.... Very Happy
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, pros and cons for multi point strut bars. safety sometimes can turned into hazard Rolling Eyes
darrenr35
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm correct also....

hey david ,
i wana ask u whether i shuld change springs or adjustable absorbers?????

any comments..... Very Happy
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends on what you want. generally the rule is comfort versus performance.

for comfort, there is comfort setup. for performance then u have different setup.

lets discuss this topic in the right topic, but not here. Cool
jamesc
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do stabilizer strut bars work?

Stabilizer bars are part of a car's suspension system. They are sometimes also called anti-sway bars or anti-roll bars. Their purpose in life is to try to keep the car's body from "rolling" in a sharp turn.

Think about what happens to a car in a sharp turn. If you are inside the car, you know that your body gets pulled toward the outside of the turn. The same thing is happening to all the parts of the car. So the part of the car on the outside of the turn gets pushed down toward the road and the part of the car on the inside of the turn rises up. In other words, the body of the car "rolls" 10 or 20 or 30 degrees toward the outside of the turn. If you take a turn fast enough, the tires on the inside of the turn actually rise off the road and the car flips over.

Roll is bad. It tends to put more weight on the outside tires and less weigh on the inside tires, reducing traction. It also messes up steering. What you would like is for the body of the car to remain flat through a turn so that the weight stays distributed evenly on all four tires.

A stabilizer bar tries to keep the car's body flat by moving force from one side of the body to another. To picture how a stabilizer bar works, imagine a metal rod that is an inch or two (2 to 5 cm) in diameter. If your front tires are 5 feet (1.6 meters) apart, make the rod about 4 feet long. Attach the rod to the frame of the car in front of the front tires, but attach it with bushings in such a way that it can rotate. Now attach arms from the rod to the front suspension member on both sides.

When you go into a turn now, the front suspension member of the outside of the turn gets pushed upward. The arm of the sway bar gets pushed upward, and this applies torsion to the rod. The torsion them moves the arm at the other end of the rod, and this causes the suspension on the other side of the car to compress as well. The car's body tends to stay flat in the turn.

If you don't have a stabilizer bar, you tend to have a lot of trouble with body roll in a turn. If you have too much stabilizer bar, you tend to lose independence between the suspension members on both sides of the car. When one wheel hits a bump, the stabilizer bar transmits the bump to the other side of the car as well, which is not what you want. The ideal is to find a setting that reduces body roll but does not hurt the independence of the tires.

link : http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question432.htm

JamesC © HACM Windscreen Sticker® ™
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well explained jamesc. this will help many of us to understand about stabilizer bar now...

good work Wink
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess this topic is about stabilizing the dimension of the car, part of the story involved installing strut bars.

for more info about strut bars, see here
dfxeax
General Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...from my survey so far, our car model only hv:

a) 2 point stunt bar (From Zenden, ultra racing & 3Max)
b) 16&19 mm anti roll bar and (From Ultra racing)
c) fender bar (From 3Max, RM 85.00)

I only install aluminium 2 point stunt bar, cost me RM 120.00...plan to go for fender bar later Smile If not mistaken our car model already come with anti-roll bar
sharirm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfxeax, our car have anti-roll bar, just that its black, so cannot really see like the white Ultra Racing. but hey, Ultra Racing sell that for ~rm400, right, so guess we can save that for other stabilizing thingy. Very Happy
dfxeax
General Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharirm, of coz la, u always saw Ultra Racing advertise here & there...the cost is counted inside, tats y expensive lo. Btw i still prefer aluminium material due to its light weight, e.g. Zenden. I heard tat the effect of fender bar is better than stunt bar, just the installation is more work...any idea guys?? Rolling Eyes
sharirm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfxeax wrote:
sharirm, of coz la, u always saw Ultra Racing advertise here & there...the cost is counted inside, tats y expensive lo. Btw i still prefer aluminium material due to its light weight, e.g. Zenden. I heard tat the effect of fender bar is better than stunt bar, just the installation is more work...any idea guys?? Rolling Eyes

well, for my kancil , i installed the Ultra Racing 3 point strut bar, but for my accent, i used zenden, got it from zerotohundred. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Car Performance & Modification All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: