Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crack on Windshield
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
noname
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh... when i asked lonpac that time, they said the insurance does not cover the tinted film. just only the windscreen alone.

nvm. so far my crack on windscreen is ard 1cm... and it stay there ard 1++ year. so far so good. line didnt get longer. Very Happy
kgb0y
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LonPac Insurance only cover windscreen for RM 1K. Tinting not covered. Other insurance company do cover tinting with extra premium. Actual cost of Windscreen if change the windscreen at KB is RM 1,080.00. I just changed my windscreen 2 weeks ago, same cracked problem. It is easier to change with KB because they're the panel workshop for LonPac. No hassle.

It seems that a lot of Accent having this windscreen cracked issue.
sean76
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my windows been cracked for quite a while but i need to fix it before this weekend...anyone have any ideas of good places that i can send my car to.one place in setapak told me its gonna cost me around $900. Is that a reasonable price? thanks.
kgb0y
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean76 wrote:
my windows been cracked for quite a while but i need to fix it before this weekend...anyone have any ideas of good places that i can send my car to.one place in setapak told me its gonna cost me around $900. Is that a reasonable price? thanks.

Go to www.dr-windscreen.com. If just a minor cracked, no need to change new windscreen.
keam66
General Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean76 wrote:

Dear Sean,
My old Sentra once had a cracked windscreen. Not one place but 3 places. I sent to this place call Dr. Windscreen outlet and they fix it with some liquid to seal off the crack. It will look like new if we don't really look properly. The cost r around RM-200 - RM300 tt. I heard they even come to your place to fix it. You can find the advertisment a lot in The Star or China Press.
sean76
General Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks keam66 & kgb0y
kingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alternatively.... you can go to Ace Hardware stores and buy a bottle of those liquid (forgot the price but definitely less then RM200) to repair the Windows crack if it is not too big.

keam66 wrote:
sean76 wrote:

Dear Sean,
My old Sentra once had a cracked windscreen. Not one place but 3 places. I sent to this place call Dr. Windscreen outlet and they fix it with some liquid to seal off the crack. It will look like new if we don't really look properly. The cost r around RM-200 - RM300 tt. I heard they even come to your place to fix it. You can find the advertisment a lot in The Star or China Press.

see topic http://myaccentclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29954#29954
on my latest FC.
chinhai8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean76 wrote:

The new windscreen is around RM560.
sharirm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinhai8 wrote:
sean76 wrote:

but do that include installation also ?. Wink
clkwa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinhai8 wrote:
sean76 wrote:

RM 560 is cheap... Kah Bintang charge 1300+...if claim insurance is 1200 firm... but hv to pay first only can claim. mind also crack and got hole also... it just crack suddenly on the passenger side. not driving the car just park under the shade in my house. the hole (2) from stone coming back to seri petaling from sunway...a big stop suddenly fly to my car....the lorry damn far away but i still kena. bad luck i guess. Have to get it change next month.
chinhai8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharirm wrote:
chinhai8 wrote:
sean76 wrote:

but do that include installation also ?. Wink

yes...it is include labour fees
chinhai8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clkwa wrote:
chinhai8 wrote:
sean76 wrote:

RM 560 is cheap... Kah Bintang charge 1300+...if claim insurance is 1200 firm... but hv to pay first only can claim. mind also crack and got hole also... it just crack suddenly on the passenger side. not driving the car just park under the shade in my house. the hole (2) from stone coming back to seri petaling from sunway...a big stop suddenly fly to my car....the lorry damn far away but i still kena. bad luck i guess. Have to get it change next month.

sometime there is no vehicle in front also got stone fly over...dunno where the stone come from also...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Exterior & Interior All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: