Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FAQ: How To Calculate Your Fuel Consumption

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Frequently Ask Questions for New Accent Owners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david
Club Founder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: FAQ: How To Calculate Your Fuel Consumption Reply with quote

As each of our new member is confused whether their fuel consumption is high or not, here I provide some of my idea, hopes it helps.

There are 2 ways to look at FC (fuel consumption), by mileage and by cost. The first way is accurate and the 2nd way is on current petrol rate (changes from time to time).

1st way - By mileage:

Just get your total litre pump and total mileage travelled of that pump. E.g. if you pump 30 litre of petrol and travelled 400km meaning your FC is:

a) 30 litre divide by 400 km = 0.075 litre per kilometer

b) 400 km divide by 30 litre = 13.34 kilometer per litre of petrol

convert back to ?L/100km you will need to times 100 to formulae a) then you will have 7.5L/100km. (remember, your meter on the dashboard might differ from this calculation becoz that one is taking average only and if you do not reset that on every pump then it will not have the correct calculation compared with this method)

2nd way - By cost (petrol price rate):

Just get the current petrol price (RM1.92 as i wrote this), for 30 litre you pump and travelled 400km, your FC is:

a) 30 litre times RM1.92 and divide by 400 km = RM0.14 per kilometer

b) 400km divide by (30 litres times RM1.92) = 6.95 kilometer per RM1 of petrol

Hope I made it clear.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Frequently Ask Questions for New Accent Owners All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: