Forum Index
Hyundai Accent Club of Malaysia
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elf Engine Oil only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Frequently Ask Questions for New Accent Owners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
odeon
General Member


Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 82

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Elf oil suspect replaced by other oil at SC Reply with quote

david wrote:
the best way is after they pour in the oil, take out the dip stick, wipe with a tissue, then do the same sampling at the bottle.

btw, odeon, what color of the bottle of the Elf SS oil u bought?

odeon wrote:
I bought a semi-syntetic elf lub and give the oil to them for oil change. When I get my car back after the service I check the oil and found out it is not the same colour as the oil left in the bottle. The oil color in my car engine is greenish and transparent but the oil left in the bottle is much more like dark green and hardly transparent.

I suspect that have substitute with different OIL !!!! And keep my oil for themself, can it be??????


Same as posted in the forum. 4L red bottle.
_________________
~~~ My first car ~~~~
Oowwww....I love my M/T Accent..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
noname
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 1548
Location: Petaling Jaya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Elf oil suspect replaced by other oil at SC Reply with quote

im not sure about the mineral or full syn bottle color. semi-syn bottle color is blue...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Elf oil suspect replaced by other oil at SC Reply with quote

blue one is different grade. red one is not available thru shops.

PM me if you interested to try on this "enhanced grade" stuff... its been cool, 9/10 friends from others car club and this club tried and gives good review and feedback.

noname wrote:
im not sure about the mineral or full syn bottle color. semi-syn bottle color is blue...

_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Elf oil suspect replaced by other oil at SC Reply with quote

blue one is different grade. red one is not available thru shops.

PM me if you interested to try on this "enhanced grade" stuff... its been cool, 9/10 friends from others car club and this club tried and gives good review and feedback.

noname wrote:
im not sure about the mineral or full syn bottle color. semi-syn bottle color is blue...

_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
accentmaniac
Junior Member


Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Posts: 224
Location: Penang

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Elf oil suspect replaced by other oil at SC Reply with quote

david wrote:
blue one is different grade. red one is not available thru shops.

PM me if you interested to try on this "enhanced grade" stuff... its been cool, 9/10 friends from others car club and this club tried and gives good review and feedback.

noname wrote:
im not sure about the mineral or full syn bottle color. semi-syn bottle color is blue...


which one better blue or red semi-syn Elf?
_________________
Accent GLS AT, Oct 2004, Location:Penang
Shell Helix Super 10W40
Improvements mods:
1) Micro Compressor & super magnetic
2) "MaxSpeed" VS & 5pts Grounding
3) "K&N" Air Filter & "Hot Bit" Strut Bar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Elf oil suspect replaced by other oil at SC Reply with quote

frankly speaking, the real different would not be obvious but one thing for sure is blue one might not have the strong QA control coz its been mass production.

I can assure red has strong QA control.

accentmaniac wrote:
david wrote:
blue one is different grade. red one is not available thru shops.

PM me if you interested to try on this "enhanced grade" stuff... its been cool, 9/10 friends from others car club and this club tried and gives good review and feedback.

noname wrote:
im not sure about the mineral or full syn bottle color. semi-syn bottle color is blue...


which one better blue or red semi-syn Elf?

_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
osaga
Junior Member


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 257
Location: Connought KL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

may i know,,, that ELF Full Sys (10/50w)..is ist same like the picture below??or another one(the red bottle)




mine jsut change to TOTAL QUARTZ 9000 Full Sysn,last week back to hometown(Jalan Datuk-ipoh people should know this lane-full of sparepart shop!) One chines old guy willing to explain me everything almost 2hrs i hang-out at his shop.He compared many types of oil brand & Grade inclusive that ELF,got many tips he told me-which one full sysn is better,he can differientiate from some aspects :-
1) for greater proctection@long lasting
2) light @good fc
3) for greater proctection@long lasting & light @good fc

And i know now which one for Semi-Sys better and he claim all the info/feedback from he regular cust such as normal cust,formen,taxi/bus driver,etc-Even though many types of oli i see at his shop, for semi he recomended me the -CALTEX (Silver bottle).
Ok..back to topic of Full Sysn-Mine now use this :-


That Elf the red and Blue also available on that shop..i can see,buttt this fella advise me this one more better than both Elf (or any high end similiar under Elf brand).

I bought 4 btls of 1 litre-One bottle Sparepart price(gimmick pricetag Very Happy ) RM48,but he give me RM150.00 for 4 btls.-hey u know..during worldcup if u buy Elf or Total lubricants u may get free 4 WC2006 mug).
Result from using that TOTAL oil :-
1) Morning i svs at KB Ipoh then at 3pm i start back to KL-Consistent drive at 140-160km/h-get shock Twisted Evil - sound from engine bay less than usual.
2) Immedietly feel the "light" on engine cycle..
3) Less "noisy" during morning start.
4) While press the acclerator-waaa..macam baru flushing engine wooo Very Happy vromm.vromm..ringan beb!! Even i dont go for flushing!
5) For FC im still monitor coz im just change last 5 days,and get less use of my car since Kancil more better cilok(and economical in city drive)!!

I dont know..maybe this just my imagination..but frankly can feel the diff.
I dont meant to provoke anyone here or selling this product since i dont have any "share" on that co. Laughing Laughing
Setiap orang Lain Citarasa-Personal Opinion.

p.s-Some more ELF is subsidiary of TOTAL-This co just bought ELF last year..And if u got friends use New FORD FOCUS, ask them on their Manual Book-Ford OF Euro always advised many times on that book "in bold font"-Never use others lubri than TOTAL Surprised
In logic thinks..normal human behaviour, parents of coz get better than their subsidiary...just my thought-Setiap orang Lain Citarasa-Personal Opinion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
marky
Club Founder


Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Posts: 2418
Location: Subang Jaya

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey osaga,
Good sharing.

Let me share my many experience with Elf FS.
It is the same grade as the one you're using 10W50.
And the current one I'm using is already 9,xxx in the engine.
My Accent is M/T and its already a 2 years + baby and my mileage is already 59,xxx.

I have been using Elf since my 2nd service and frankly, its really worth spending on it after many long distance and up hill trips.

One of the trip was I went back to my hometown (Ipoh) last 2 weekends ago and it was a day's trip. Was driving at about 140km/h ~ 4,000rpm and it was really a difference if I were to compare with other brand of oil (Caltex,Shell and Esso) its noticeable after running for so much mileage.

The engine oil was still smooth/light,engine noice never change/increase like it was the first time I pour a fresh oil in till now.

I did a test with my 13 years old Iswara with many type of engine oil and Elf really convince me that its worth while to spend on it. I have used off the shelves engine oil + addictive (Badhal) in my iswara to get the smoothness and engine protection. But since I was introduced to Elf, I did not add any addictive inside. Old engine (ori since it was 'born') is more noticeable when it comes to quality.

There are a lot of engine oil out there with many claims, but what is more important is the price we pay and how long the 'quality' will last like some we pay about RM18x but after 2,000+km on the road it is very rough till the next oil change.

Every engine oil will give protection to the engine but which will protect it long enough till the next oil change?

Anyway, many shop owners will try to 'push' the brand that gives more commission/profit actually.Jimmin sells Shell and also cocoxx (from Projet) while KB SC 223 sells Castrol so which is which?

Anyway, I will be sticking to Elf since it has proven itself

osaga wrote:
may i know,,, that ELF Full Sys (10/50w)..is ist same like the picture below??or another one(the red bottle)

mine jsut change to TOTAL QUARTZ 9000 Full Sysn,last week back to hometown(Jalan Datuk-ipoh people should know this lane-full of sparepart shop!) One chines old guy willing to explain me everything almost 2hrs i hang-out at his shop.He compared many types of oil brand & Grade inclusive that ELF,got many tips he told me-which one full sysn is better,he can differientiate from some aspects :-
1) for greater proctection@long lasting
2) light @good fc
3) for greater proctection@long lasting & light @good fc

And i know now which one for Semi-Sys better and he claim all the info/feedback from he regular cust such as normal cust,formen,taxi/bus driver,etc-Even though many types of oli i see at his shop, for semi he recomended me the -CALTEX (Silver bottle).
Ok..back to topic of Full Sysn-Mine now use this :-

That Elf the red and Blue also available on that shop..i can see,buttt this fella advise me this one more better than both Elf (or any high end similiar under Elf brand).

I bought 4 btls of 1 litre-One bottle Sparepart price(gimmick pricetag Very Happy ) RM48,but he give me RM150.00 for 4 btls.-hey u know..during worldcup if u buy Elf or Total lubricants u may get free 4 WC2006 mug).
Result from using that TOTAL oil :-
1) Morning i svs at KB Ipoh then at 3pm i start back to KL-Consistent drive at 140-160km/h-get shock Twisted Evil - sound from engine bay less than usual.
2) Immedietly feel the "light" on engine cycle..
3) Less "noisy" during morning start.
4) While press the acclerator-waaa..macam baru flushing engine wooo Very Happy vromm.vromm..ringan beb!! Even i dont go for flushing!
5) For FC im still monitor coz im just change last 5 days,and get less use of my car since Kancil more better cilok(and economical in city drive)!!

I dont know..maybe this just my imagination..but frankly can feel the diff.
I dont meant to provoke anyone here or selling this product since i dont have any "share" on that co. Laughing Laughing
Setiap orang Lain Citarasa-Personal Opinion.

p.s-Some more ELF is subsidiary of TOTAL-This co just bought ELF last year..And if u got friends use New FORD FOCUS, ask them on their Manual Book-Ford OF Euro always advised many times on that book "in bold font"-Never use others lubri than TOTAL Surprised
In logic thinks..normal human behaviour, parents of coz get better than their subsidiary...just my thought-Setiap orang Lain Citarasa-Personal Opinion.

_________________
Best RIDE Ever! Its always with Hyundai.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
osaga
Junior Member


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 257
Location: Connought KL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi marky, may i know..which type of Elf u are using now??
the red bottle one or blue?

It is same with picture above ? coz i found got 2 types for 10/50w,
another one is Excellium GP(also in blue bottle)

i think we will get same "treatment" from both brand since they ar from same family. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mark for sharing ur opinion.

i had a terrific experience with Elf FS oil. there was once i forget to service my car and travel back to Alor Setar from KL. when i reach Alor Setar and do a engine check before trip back, i found the engine oil is running low (see dip meter), so my guess was how come the oil will "hilang"... in my heart was "charm" liao... somemore out of KL and its a Sunday, where can get my favorite engine oil to top up and travel back to KL?

i called mark, call several ppl and at last i just cross my fingers and drive back to KL. at first, i am very scare that the car will "kong" half way but SURPRISINGLY the engine just act as smooth as usual... Surprised Surprised Surprised

so God blessed and when i reached KL i quickly park the car at home and dun drive out for dinner (coz scare anything bad will goes worst). next morning, i take leave, send the car to jinmin auto and ask for a engine oil change after got my Elf FS. so before jinmin open door (coz i went there quite early) so i inspect the dip again and OOPSSS!!!!! the engine oil back to normal dip level Razz Razz Razz

so i am confused... later after some ding dong here and there, asking around finally found that because i did not waited the car to cold down to check the dip level.

my point is not that Elf FS oil is like those advertised addictive like X1R yada...yada...yada stuff but the point here is the smoothness lasting the entire trip...

i really respect lar this Elf engine oil. Applause
_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my Elf FS is in grey color. i saw the pic you posted up there.. is extracted from Elf official website.


osaga wrote:
hi marky, may i know..which type of Elf u are using now??
the red bottle one or blue?

It is same with picture above ? coz i found got 2 types for 10/50w,
another one is Excellium GP(also in blue bottle)

i think we will get same "treatment" from both brand since they ar from same family. Very Happy Very Happy

_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
accentmaniac
Junior Member


Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Posts: 224
Location: Penang

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
my Elf FS is in grey color. i saw the pic you posted up there.. is extracted from Elf official website.


osaga wrote:
hi marky, may i know..which type of Elf u are using now??
the red bottle one or blue?

It is same with picture above ? coz i found got 2 types for 10/50w,
another one is Excellium GP(also in blue bottle)

i think we will get same "treatment" from both brand since they ar from same family. Very Happy Very Happy


The Elf FS sold in Speedworks in in Blue. Any difference in quality?
_________________
Accent GLS AT, Oct 2004, Location:Penang
Shell Helix Super 10W40
Improvements mods:
1) Micro Compressor & super magnetic
2) "MaxSpeed" VS & 5pts Grounding
3) "K&N" Air Filter & "Hot Bit" Strut Bar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
david
Club Founder


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 3316
Location: 3rd rock from sun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dun wish to defame, but i recommend to use red one for SS and grey color for FS.

accentmaniac wrote:
david wrote:
my Elf FS is in grey color. i saw the pic you posted up there.. is extracted from Elf official website.


osaga wrote:
hi marky, may i know..which type of Elf u are using now??
the red bottle one or blue?

It is same with picture above ? coz i found got 2 types for 10/50w,
another one is Excellium GP(also in blue bottle)

i think we will get same "treatment" from both brand since they ar from same family. Very Happy Very Happy


The Elf FS sold in Speedworks in in Blue. Any difference in quality?

_________________
.: Safety, Handling and Performance - The Art Cycle of Car Modifications :.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
osaga
Junior Member


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 257
Location: Connought KL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aiyo...BCB yang mana satu ??? just joke,

That why im curious to take ELF (I dont mean not good) that time im buying.
Some say grey color,some say blue bottle,what im see at that spare part shop(in 10/50w) only red bottle(but if im not mistake is "Molygraphite")
and the blue one FS...how come david got grey bottle??
IF u said red one,u mean the SS ??? ar telling me now u using the SS one?? not FS?? pining kapla lorr..
Coz im planning to try with this TOTAL SS and both ELF Laughing Laughing
so which exactly the ELF you all use?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
noname
Elite Member


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 1548
Location: Petaling Jaya

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

osaga wrote:
aiyo...BCB yang mana satu ??? just joke,

That why im curious to take ELF (I dont mean not good) that time im buying.
Some say grey color,some say blue bottle,what im see at that spare part shop(in 10/50w) only red bottle(but if im not mistake is "Molygraphite")
and the blue one FS...how come david got grey bottle??
IF u said red one,u mean the SS ??? ar telling me now u using the SS one?? not FS?? pining kapla lorr..
Coz im planning to try with this TOTAL SS and both ELF Laughing Laughing
so which exactly the ELF you all use?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes


im going to use ELF - Semi Syn - red bottle - end of this week. i get it from david and found out is not sold in spart part shop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Frequently Ask Questions for New Accent Owners All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group